You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

Making FXP and credits

18 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
Members
1,886 posts
4,000 battles

Is there a tier that most play to gain credits and free xp before it becomes expensive to play? I would have liked to have the Mo but it sounds like she's going away and i'm looking for ships that do have decent fxp and credit value as well to work towards or purchase either way. Any advice would be most welcome.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,886 posts
4,000 battles

Thanks. I see alot of scharn's out there and i love playing with the german boats. Was thinking of one of those possibly.

[HINON]
Members
11,458 posts
4 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Thanks. I see alot of scharn's out there and i love playing with the german boats. Was thinking of one of those possibly.

I love the scharn as its very comfortable to use and T7 earns decent bank with premiums.

• Funny 1

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,788 posts
7,767 battles

Play a T10 ship, add this new Year's camo and all the flags that increase XP and Free XP gain. Don't be afraid to use Premium account. Alternatively T7 works as well, with all the bonuses you can get up to 10-12k Free XP in a match. Average for me was 7.5k

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,771 posts
4,839 battles

I just use my Izumo as I'm currently grinding for free exp gain. getting 5-10k free exp a battle

[PQUOD]
Members
1,886 posts
4,000 battles
4 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Play a T10 ship, add this new Year's camo and all the flags that increase XP and Free XP gain. Don't be afraid to use Premium account. Alternatively T7 works as well, with all the bonuses you can get up to 10-12k Free XP in a match. Average for me was 7.5k

I pay for 30 days premium yep. Just looking to take advantage of it now :cap_cool:

Edited by xalmgrey
Face change?

Members
65 posts
753 battles

Is there a set date somewhere as to when the Missouri will go away? Will they give us like a two week notice before it is gone?

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,147 battles

Premium ship, Premium time, New Years camo and the flags. Think that's what everybody else said also.

Members
2,229 posts
11,345 battles
19 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Is there a tier that most play to gain credits and free xp before it becomes expensive to play? I would have liked to have the Mo but it sounds like she's going away and i'm looking for ships that do have decent fxp and credit value as well to work towards or purchase either way. Any advice would be most welcome.

Until your performance ability literally doubles, stick to low tiers as you continue through the learning curve.  T8+ is going to be way too expensive for you until you learn all the nuances of the game that will allow you to do a lot more damage while taking less damage.  T7 would be the recommended top tier, especially because it gets favorable matchmaking.  And there are a lot of really good T7 premiums.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,886 posts
4,000 battles
Just now, VGLance said:

Until your performance ability literally doubles, stick to low tiers as you continue through the learning curve.  T8+ is going to be way too expensive for you until you learn all the nuances of the game that will allow you to do a lot more damage while taking less damage.  T7 would be the recommended top tier, especially because it gets favorable matchmaking.  And there are a lot of really good T7 premiums.

Thanks for the advice!

Yeah i'm not looking to tier jump into 8/9/10 i hear its a whole other ball game there. Not ready yet.

Members
65 posts
753 battles

From what I saw at the bottom of the patch notes from the last update, the Missouri should be here until around Mid February so probably a month left to grind it out before it is gone.

[RLGN]
Members
11,499 posts
20,436 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

If you mean where you can generally be assured of making xp and credits with a moderately decent game; then that would be tiers 5-7, as always.

Tiers 8-9 start getting iffy without a premium account to go along with a good game, and like several have said; tier 10 often needs some combination of a REALLY good game, a premium account, and stacked camos and signals.

[PVE]
Members
16,228 posts
10,762 battles
1 hour ago, psmobius1 said:

Is there a set date somewhere as to when the Missouri will go away? Will they give us like a two week notice before it is gone?

Patch 7.2 I think. Or that might be something else, I don't remember. In Dec 2017, WG said 2 or so months, so figure February-ish is when MO will mosey on along. :)

Members
65 posts
753 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Patch 7.2 I think. Or that might be something else, I don't remember. In Dec 2017, WG said 2 or so months, so figure February-ish is when MO will mosey on along. :)

Yes, I was able to find that info in the bottom of the patch notes for the last patch so now it is time to grind away and at least get that added to my fleet for use later on down the road. Got a lot more to learn before I pop into those high tier battles but I don't want to let the ship pass my by if I can snag it before it goes away.

[PVE]
Members
16,228 posts
10,762 battles
1 minute ago, psmobius1 said:

Yes, I was able to find that info in the bottom of the patch notes for the last patch so now it is time to grind away and at least get that added to my fleet for use later on down the road. Got a lot more to learn before I pop into those high tier battles but I don't want to let the ship pass my by if I can snag it before it goes away.

Well, I just ground out my first T8, but I have some premium T8's so I decided to heck with it and am grinding away even tho I am not great at T8 play. Also trying to complete the Yamamoto and Shinonome campaigns this year in PvP. I'm not good at PvP, but there are tasks I can complete in both campaigns by just playing long enough.

• Cool 1