You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Is Kutz Rare?

15 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
16,229 posts
10,762 battles
1 minute ago, NeutralState said:

Just asking

I don't think so. It was on sale for a long time before it was pulled from selling.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,518 posts
15,272 battles

No. Just unavailable on a 'permanent' basis.

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,147 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

No. Just unavailable on a 'permanent' basis.

Sorta rare?

[HINON]
Supertester
21,518 posts
15,272 battles
1 minute ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Sorta rare?

No. Thousands were sold during its availability. It's not 'rare'. You just can't get it anymore.

[AP]
Members
1,244 posts
14,276 battles

no, not rare, seen in ranked as often as chaps

aaaaaaand.........i just cant get it

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,147 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

No. Thousands were sold during its availability. It's not 'rare'. You just can't get it anymore.

Yea, I should have picked it up but I didn't.

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles

The reality is that the Kutuzov is not as good as her reputation suggests so she doesn't get played as often as you would expect based on that reputation. Even when they were being sold by the hundreds daily and while she could stealth fire, I didn't see that many in game.  Also she is not so unique anymore now that the RN cruisers are out.  She has/had two gimmicks that make her stand out from other cruiser. 

One is her extreme range.  When they nerfed AFT they grandfathered her in and basically baked in the range boost AFT would have given her before the AFT nerf.  She still retains this range advantage

Two was her smokes.  At the time she was released, she was I think the only Cruiser with smoke however she only produces a tiny amount of smoke that is barely large enough to conceal her and I think only 2-3 charges.  It was smoke but not great smoke.  Then came RN cruisers which got much better smokes and took that unique feature away from her.

So now, while she has been permanently removed and is absolutely still a good ship, there just isn't that much reason to play her on a daily basis. 

[PVE]
Members
16,229 posts
10,762 battles

I've had Kutuzov for over a year as I got it in the big Armada bundle. I haven't played it until recently as my skills were not up to T8. I need to finish the New Orleans grind and then I will play it more.

[IXM]
Members
248 posts
4,086 battles

She gets pretty decent smoke now, I don't know if that was changed or not before I bought her.  She has 1 smoke charge stock and up to 3 with super and premium.  The smoke last about 90 seconds and makes a decent sized cloud for several ships to sit in if needed.  She also still has that incredible range on her guns.

The ship has similar problems to an Atlanta, the stigma of the ship is strong.  As soon as I become spotted Priority Target immediately lights up.  People REALLY want to kill that ship.  That combined with the nearly nonexistant armor and large citadel means it is a hard ship to casually play.  You need a lot of map awareness to know where to position yourself for smoke firing and having a good escape route when smoke is gone.  You need IFHE to do any appreciable damage to battleships, I routinely had 50% shatters before I got that skill.  Concealment Expert is really recommended as well.  The base detection range on the Kutuzov is really high.  Full Concealment build brings it down to 11.14km.

She is a long paper thin ship with a large citadel that starts fires like a dragon and everyone hates.  It takes a decent player to do well in her.

[WAIFU]
Modder
1,175 posts
6,475 battles
2 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Just asking

As others have mentioned, she was removed from sale recently, so she is not really rare for the moment. She was for sale for a long time. She was also buyable for doubloons from the tech tree, so a lot of people have had time to get her before they removed her from sale.

With time, she will become more rare as people stop playing her or the game altogether, as alternatives are added to the game or as the game moves on. This will take time however. A good example is Kamikaze/Fujin, which were handed for free and then later sold. They were removed from sale, but they were so popular (and such good sealclubbers) that you still see them frequently, although less than you used to.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,050 posts
4,848 battles

You don't see triple Kutuzovs anymore, you see Belfasts instead. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,398 posts
4 hours ago, Lert said:

That's what people find out when they try to sell their grandma's old junk. Just because its old and is no longer produced doesn't necessarily make it rare. Unless your family was rich, grandma could probably only afford things that were cheap because they sold millions of them.

Members
3,781 posts
4,102 battles
3 hours ago, garfield001 said:

With time, she will become more rare as people stop playing her or the game altogether, as alternatives are added to the game or as the game moves on.

Yeb, in time she'll be rare, but as of now I see one every so often. 

[LEGIT]
Members
1,915 posts
26,723 battles
6 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Yea, I should have picked it up but I didn't.

Me 2.  It's the only ship I regret not buying.

Just glad I have the Missouri.

Edited by slokill_1