Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

Strait Dommination B Cap

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,739
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,805 posts
12,193 battles

Why are DD's so attracted to that cap on that map? We have two DD's to the red teams three so they both charge to B and immediately we are now down to one vs three and you can guess the final result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,509 battles

Because people have no talent in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
562
[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,147 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Why are DD's so attracted to that cap on that map? We have two DD's to the red teams three so they both charge to B and immediately we are now down to one vs three and you can guess the final result.

Saw that twice last night. 3 minutes in we are down 2 DDs. Went south for us from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,739
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,805 posts
12,193 battles
6 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Saw that twice last night. 3 minutes in we are down 2 DDs. Went south for us from there.

I was just venting but it is disheartening when you can see the likely result in the initial moments of a match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
562
[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,147 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I was just venting but it is disheartening when you can see the likely result in the initial moments of a match.

Yea you basically loose your "eyes" at the start of the round which makes you basically play blind especially in a BB. Gotta have Marty Feldman eyes, one on the mini map and one on the action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,739
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,805 posts
12,193 battles
3 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Yea you basically loose your "eyes" at the start of the round which makes you basically play blind especially in a BB. Gotta have Marty Feldman eyes, one on the mini map and one on the action.

A lot of very good DD players forget that in the opening moves their number one mission is to spot with capping and dealing damage coming later. The same can be said to an extent about CV's, in the initial moves spot first, kill second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,699
[RLGN]
Members
11,499 posts
20,433 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Why are DD's so attracted to that cap on that map? We have two DD's to the red teams three so they both charge to B and immediately we are now down to one vs three and you can guess the final result.

Because noobs, potatoes, and lies...

Noobs; New players who apparently think that if you take B, you can support A and C... Also apparently without realizing all the enemies at A and C can shoot the snot out of them with a crossfire.

Potatoes; Players who fail to learn the above lesson.

Lies; That taking B means you can do what is mentioned in 'Noobs,' when the reality is that destroyers spotting and helping to cap A and C it what wins on (Domination) Strait.

You win at A and C, and manage not to get wiped out in the process? Then B falls as a matter of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
427
[HUNGS]
Members
1,713 posts
3,603 battles

They're the same players that say grouping up on this map works also

 

Actually the B cap can be very important to grab early on, especially if the event is dumb enough to try grouping up on one side of the map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,739
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,805 posts
12,193 battles
12 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

They're the same players that say grouping up on this map works also

 

Actually the B cap can be very important to grab early on, especially if the event is dumb enough to try grouping up on one side of the map

It can be but if your team is short a DD scouting is far more important in the opening stages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
427
[HUNGS]
Members
1,713 posts
3,603 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

It can be but if your team is short a DD scouting is far more important in the opening stages.

I agree with that, it's only useful if you have a DD heavy team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,126
[DDMAF]
Members
2,071 posts
12,759 battles

Grouping up on that map is my biggest peeve in the game. I find it infuriating and so very stupid. BBs taking their guns out of the game for 3 minutes to sail behind a huge barrier...I need to stop here. I'm getting needlessly angry just thinking about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,781 posts
4,102 battles

When I first started I originally thought, "I should take B cap. No one would risk capping that first." Turns out I was wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,739
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,805 posts
12,193 battles
4 hours ago, legozer said:

Grouping up on that map is my biggest peeve in the game. I find it infuriating and so very stupid. BBs taking their guns out of the game for 3 minutes to sail behind a huge barrier...I need to stop here. I'm getting needlessly angry just thinking about it.

It makes sense when it is standard battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,126
[DDMAF]
Members
2,071 posts
12,759 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It makes sense when it is standard battle.

 

I hate you more than anything in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,739
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,805 posts
12,193 battles
5 minutes ago, legozer said:

 

I hate you more than anything in the world.

My work is done.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×