Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Chewie

Black screen when switched to fullscreen mode

4 comments in this topic

Capt_Chewie    0

After updating, I ran into the issue of the game just opening to a black screen. I'm unable to alt-tab out or ctrl-alt-del. I have to restart my computer to do anything.

I figured a fresh install may fix the issue. It did, but the game opened in windowed mode. Optimistically I went to options to switch to fullscreen (2560x1920) and ran into the same issue.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting or solving this problem?  Is there a way to force the game to open in windowed mode outside the game in a file or something?

sattracer    3

If you are running your main display via HDMI, make sure your monitor is set to HDMI and not auto detect.  I suspect the programmers forgot the stay alive signal in their video interface to the video driver.

Edited by sattracer
forgot reason for me checking the port selection

19 hours ago, Capt_Chewie said:

After updating, I ran into the issue of the game just opening to a black screen. I'm unable to alt-tab out or ctrl-alt-del. I have to restart my computer to do anything.

I figured a fresh install may fix the issue. It did, but the game opened in windowed mode. Optimistically I went to options to switch to fullscreen (2560x1920) and ran into the same issue.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting or solving this problem?  Is there a way to force the game to open in windowed mode outside the game in a file or something?

Try to set in  your graphic card settings, under display tab, scaling mode to full panel . Other games running the same unity engine have same issues when scaling is set to preserve aspect ratio. If no help,set the game to dx9 mode, in game settings,that should work.

Edited by VonSmallHausenn

Sign in to follow this