You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MagicMikeV

NC & NY Campaign Done

20 comments in this topic

MagicMikeV    28

Usually after you finish something you didn’t enjoy, you say “Well...it wasn’t that bad...I would do it again”. Not this campaign. I’m done with it and I’m glad and I would never do it again. It was miserable to do and it condoned selfish game play. 0 team play involved with the campaign running. People had their own objectives in mind. So why wouldn’t WG make the objectives more team oriented? Yah..yah...to frustrate you into buying the Duke. I know the answer, but they can’t think past that for a second? It wasn’t fun and isn’t that would this should be all about? Miserable Campaign and I shut the game off immediately after completing it and that’s something a game designer should hear. Yah WG, thanks for sucking the fun out of your game. And yah I could of chose not to do it but that would not have changed how people are currently playing.....Now onto better things and apologizing to my wife for ignoring her during all of this. 

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Got the DoY last night after spending every night this week playing.  I get my most enjoyment out of this game playing casually, and the last few weeks have been anything but - at a time of the year when I don’t want to be playing any game non stop.  So hopefully I can finish the NY campaign as every ship but the PA DD is one I need to grind, but after that I’m taking a break.  And just to internally give WG the middle finger, I’m not buying the Roma.

• Cool 1

Zhoyzu    481

The hardest mission was the one requiring you to play the garbage boat. everything else was super easy. 

Akeno017    161

16 HOURS total grinded and still goddamn more, last year was never this bad..

Shadowrigger1    894

I don't mind campaigns. they have a goal, that makes them engaging,  yes they keep screwing it up by putting  Kill X class so many times, but that's WG, they mess up common sense, but do great in some other things.

The torpedo missions were especially problematic because they made Randoms miserable for everybody for 2 weeks.

Also they shouldn't release 2 grindy campaigns during a Ranked season.

Ghostdog1355    376
37 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Also they shouldn't release 2 grindy campaigns during a Ranked season

This is upset me also plus they started ranked what 2-3 days before Christmas and that sucked. My wife is still mad about that one.

As a self-punishment for something I failed to do last October that is 'Do it or else...' now, I went cold-turkey on the game; basically realizing I'd never manage to finish DoT and NY, in order to get it done...

Didn't even get to the part everyone seems to be complaining about the most, but it sounds like the words of a div mate are bearing out...

"You won't be missing much if you don't finish that stuff..."

Stress I don't need from DoY, and ships I already have and captains I don't need in NY...

Crucis    2,903

Seriously, the missions just weren't as hard as some of are making them out to be.  Now, if it's just a lack of time to get the grinding done, I can see that.  But there really wasn't anything all that difficult in them.  Every Mission has a task that's relatively easy, if a little time consuming, to do repeatedly, whether it was do 150k damage BBvsBB or earn 75k XP (super easy, just use XP enhancing camo and signal flags; best done on ships you're grinding to get the benefit of all the glorious XP), or the 3M credits task (just run a premium ship loaded up with credit enhancing signals, and the Gamescon camo if you have any), or 25k commander's XP (load up on commander's XP enhancing signal flags, also best done on a grind ship where you should also load up on the regular XP flags because they help here too).

Oh, and if you see mission tasks that say you can do it in coop, only certain ones should be.  Need to kill X BB's?  Coop is good for that.  Need to finish in the top 7 or  top 3 base XP on your team?  Coop is good here too.  Need to grind out a lot of XP or credits or commander's XP?  No, coop doesn't earn you enough for it to be a good option.  Oh, I suppose if you're a total hardcore coop-er who refuses to play randoms, fine.  But the smart move is to do these in randoms primarily so that you can blast through them a lot faster, though I will say that if you feel the need to take a break from randoms and de-stress, you can do your de-stressing in coop and still earn a little bit toward those grind goals.  But I wouldn't use coop as the primary means of grinding out those things.  You just do not earn enough credits or XP, etc. to make it an efficient path to a quick and painless grind.

And never forget, you can repeat these tasks.  So don't stress over trying to do that knock out 3 main battery turrets in a single battle task, or the do 90k torp damage in a single battle task.  Just continuously repeat the easy grindy tasks.  And it'll be all over a LOT quicker than you might imagine.

CylonRed    176
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

or earn 75k XP (super easy, just use XP enhancing camo and signal flags; best done on ships you're grinding to get the benefit of all the glorious XP),

Still took me over 4 days just to do it once.  Not unicum and flew lots of flags in the Bis (perm camo as well) but limited time and not being unicum are the 2 main issues with getting it done.  Basically on mission 5 I can only really do 2 tasks and both take me a lot of time.

Zaydin    155
3 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

16 HOURS total grinded and still goddamn more, last year was never this bad..

Helps that the Graf Spee is/was a unique ship compared to the DoY, which is just an inferior clone of an existing ship.

Crucis    2,903
4 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Still took me over 4 days just to do it once.  Not unicum and flew lots of flags in the Bis (perm camo as well) but limited time and not being unicum are the 2 main issues with getting it done.  Basically on mission 5 I can only really do 2 tasks and both take me a lot of time.

I'm hardly a unicum (see my stats below), but I was able to get it done in a very few hours.  With all the camo and flags stacked up, I was relatively regularly earning over 10k XP in a win, with the highest being almost 18k.  And I was mostly doing it my Algerie (tier 7 French cruiser).

It is possible that I'm a bit better than my stats portray (I don't really know).  When I really put my mind to it, I can usually end up in the top 5 of most any team, as long as I'm not playing an IJN DD, and then it's truly hit or miss.

Crucis    2,903
2 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

This is upset me also plus they started ranked what 2-3 days before Christmas and that sucked. My wife is still mad about that one.

Yeah, not a real great decision to start Ranked right before Christmas.  Would have been better to start it after.

Oh well.

Akeno017    161
11 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Helps that the Graf Spee is/was a unique ship compared to the DoY, which is just an inferior clone of an existing ship.

Friendly reminders that Duke of York could've easily stolen that title from Graf Spee had they not reworked her cruiser form, ugh.

CylonRed    176
30 minutes ago, Crucis said:

With all the camo and flags stacked up, I was relatively regularly earning over 10k XP in a win, with the highest being almost 18k.  And I was mostly doing it my Algerie (tier 7 French cruiser).

It is possible that I'm a bit better than my stats portray (I don't really know).

5-7K for me in a very good game.  Our stats are not too far apart - your WTR is higher than me (today) but my average damage is higher but you have been playing CAs and DDs today where I have been pure BB.  Your WR overall is also better than me by a 1-1.5%.  All in all - you are better player than I am - I would say a bit above average.  I have not had a lot of time to get captains in all ships including premium which is not helping. 

Edited by CylonRed

oberstwake    17

I agree with those stating it wasn't that bad this year. I missed out on finishing the special Tirpitz camo campaign last year because I didnt pay attention to the end date, and wasn't going to miss the chance to get not only free ships inclusive of DOY (or port slots), and special camos this year. Sure the tasks weren't the passive, "Complete as you play normally" tasks we wish they could be, but if you had the right ships, they weren't too time consuming. Do 90k torp damage - hop in Shimakaze. Damage modules and main battery hits- hop in Des Moines. Need a bunch of exp, slap type 59 from the xmas boxes and every exp buff signal flag and you'll get there pretty quick. I finished DoY the second day stage 5 was available and the New Year one 3 days later. I am someone who plays after my kids go to bed for maybe 2 -3 hours every other night, so this, IMO, wasn't exactly a painful grind.

I gave up on NY.  Got the QE and her camo, started the next task.  Yes, I was one of those suicidal DDs doing the spotting task, I’m ashamed to say.  After 3 games, I asked myself what I was doing?  Was literally ruining others’ gameplay.  This was a very poorly thought out task.  So no port slot from the DD and the credits selling her and no Arctic camo for the Scharnhorst.  I can live with myself.  Looked at Arctic camo on DoY, it’s not all that, and no extra bonuses.  Now it’s time for a break.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:28 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

As a self-punishment for something I failed to do last October that is 'Do it or else...' now, I went cold-turkey on the game; basically realizing I'd never manage to finish DoT and NY, in order to get it done...

Didn't even get to the part everyone seems to be complaining about the most, but it sounds like the words of a div mate are bearing out...

"You won't be missing much if you don't finish that stuff..."

Stress I don't need from DoY, and ships I already have and captains I don't need in NY...

I wrapped it all up yesterday. I'm done. I'm walking away from the game for a bit. I get the impression WG no longer welcomes me as a player.

While I am extremely grateful for the free ships WG allowed us to earn, I have never experienced such frustration and horrid gameplay by teammates ever. While KARMA means nothing, I lost 13 points over the weekend, because I reached the point where when I got crap teammates, I let it be known. I'd call out the DD that was in H10 in a domination match because no cap exists in that location on the map in question. Tired of being in so many battles where the other team had a +1 DD advantage, or if it was equal DD's my team would have (2) T6 and the opposing (2) T8's. Time and time again, I got paired with the worst of the worst this game has to offer. Many 5-6 game losing streaks in a row over the weekend with a rare win tossed in the mix. I'm simply tired of being the whipping post for Unicum players on the other team. Frustrated in finishing in the Top four over and over on the losing team. The amount of piss poor gameplay I saw resulted in so many games that could have been won turn into losses, or steamroll losses where nothing went my teams way.  So frustrated that the FDG is a piece of utter crap, I sold it. A T9 BB that I simply could not get to work. My WR in it is skewed based off my individual gameplay. So I washed my hands of it. I play this game for fun. WG has no longer made it fun when all that seemingly happens is that when I do have a solid game, it s a loss. If I have an average game its a loss. When I have a poor game, it's a loss, but I might get a win in a battle I played poor in.

What has finally pushed me over the edge is the HE spam meta. No matter what I do, how I play, spec a commander, equip flags, all I do is burn. WG needs to strongly consider reworking DC and the amount of time fires burn on a ship. Nothing got to me more than immediately after my DC would end and start cool down, BAM, next salvo of which only 1 shell would hit me, FIRE. Now imagine if you will, when I try to spam HE, 0 fires set. Couple that with what seemed like it was my weekend for RNG to give me nothing but 10% shell pen damage to broadside CA's 8km out in my Missouri, yet every shell incoming, pin point accuracy that nailed me for significant damage. My damage output this was trolled by all this and dispersion. No longer fun. WG has finally beat me down with so much stacked against me, walking away is the only thing in my control. People say it's all in ones head. Confirmation bias. Well, I have a number of replays that would blow people's minds.

I get it, I get why so many players are salty. I'm far from the best but certainly not the worst player, but every man has that point, that once it's reached it's time to make a change. This weekend turned my into the type of player I detest. It's not fun, healthy, or enjoyable. For me, it's time. It's most unfortunate, but I don't feel I have any other choice.

3 hours ago, ARandomClaymore said:

I get it, I get why so many players are salty. I'm far from the best but certainly not the worst player, but every man has that point, that once it's reached it's time to make a change. This weekend turned my into the type of player I detest. It's not fun, healthy, or enjoyable. For me, it's time. It's most unfortunate, but I don't feel I have any other choice.

Yeah... I've been upset with my salty-self and things in game recently as well...

As a specific event related to one of your beefs; watching EVERY SHELL from a Ceasar straddle against a broadside, grounded, unmoving battleship-sized target was some serious HUH?!? WUT?!?

Maybe I've reached a breaking point as well; I haven't missed playing the game.

I'll jump back in when I'm done with that overdue work.

CylonRed    176

Well - I was finally able to get the DoY as of 10:25 PM today.  Used the Bismark the entire time and only had 2 days to do the final task in mission 5.  Had some really good games and some really bad ones but it was close.  Missed the collection by 1...