Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xThecanadianx

Stop blaming the berg!

6 comments in this topic

xThecanadianx    1,425

all these meme's blamign the iceberg for titanic's demise,  it was just drifting about!  yes the conspiracy theorists might tell you it had bicycle handle bars and pedal powered propellers (it didnt)

but seriously lets look at things from the bergs prospective

"Yes I was just drifitng about in the atlantic when WHAM this ship broadsides me"

"and to be fair, that ship came out of nowhere"

see why blame berg?  do u blame a wall when a car crashes into it.  I mean blame guns when soemone gets shot...but thats logic for another day right there.

dmckay    454
1 hour ago, xThecanadianx said:

all these meme's blamign the iceberg for titanic's demise,  it was just drifting about!  yes the conspiracy theorists might tell you it had bicycle handle bars and pedal powered propellers (it didnt)

but seriously lets look at things from the bergs prospective

"Yes I was just drifitng about in the atlantic when WHAM this ship broadsides me"

"and to be fair, that ship came out of nowhere"

see why blame berg?  do u blame a wall when a car crashes into it.  I mean blame guns when soemone gets shot...but thats logic for another day right there.

Ya know OP I read somewhere a while back that Titanic would have been better off had it hit that berg bow on. Trying to avoid it resulted in the berg messing up a whole bunch of the plates on the side of the ship that was hit.  Too many. Bow on would have been bad but very possibly the water coming in could have been confined to the bow section and the ship would not have sunk.  Ever hear of this theory? Of course it is the natural reaction to try and turn to avoid it and Titanic almost accomplished that but, as we know, did not succeed.

Edited by dmckay

xThecanadianx    1,425

the theory was tested by cameron and co...... titanic would have suffered the same bulkhead warping britannic did when the mine exploded on her.   jamming compartments open,  not to mention 100fee tof crushed bow, titanic would have still sunk

Sovereigndawg    655

This post reminds me of an old joke.

A guy walks into a bar and says to the bartender, I wanna buy everyone a drink but that guy in the corner right there. The bartender looks at the guy and says, what's wrong with that guy? what did he do to you? The guy says well can't you see, he's Jewish. The bartender asked the guy, what did the Jews ever do to you? The guy looked at the bartender in astonishment, then said, don't you know that the Jews sank the Titanic? The bartender looks at the man and said, the Jews didn't sink the Titanic it was an iceberg. The guy says to the bartender, Iceberg, Steinburg, Goldberg they're all the same.

Don't know how PC that joke is anymore, It was kind of funny back in the day.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

iDuckman    133

It's still funny, in a deskpalming sorta way.

Sign in to follow this