Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zuga_01

So... how did you feel after getting the Duke of York?

135 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

139
[WOLFG]
Members
229 posts
7,707 battles

Actually... pretty damn good.  I think she's a mighty fine ship that makes pretty good credits.  Well worth the trouble of the missions in my opinion.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles

Hmm....just had a match where I managed 123k damage and raked in 422k credits on a loss...so yeah pretty good actually.  Damn fine ship. 

Edit:  Oh wait...we are trying to get it buffed up to KGV standards, I forgot. Errr....Uhmm she sucks badly and needs to have her rate of fire buffed and be given the same amount of heals as a KGV (Actually sarcasm aside this does make sense and kind of needs to happen to be honest because decent ship or not, there is no reason she should be so bad compared to the KGV).

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,218 posts
4,968 battles

I guess I'm in the minority. I just can't make the ship work for me. Probably doesn't help that I lost my first 16 battles in it and couldn't seem to get a solid hit on anything.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
2 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

I guess I'm in the minority. I just can't make the ship work for me. Probably doesn't help that I lost my first 16 battles in it and couldn't seem to get a solid hit on anything.

I will give you one thing.  She has very wonkie dispersion.  Lowest hit rate of any of my BBs with a mere 24% hit rate.   It doesn't seem to hurt her performance much overall but there are times in a match where I just want to scream at the computer.  HE is where it is at with her.  I usually fire about 80% HE only switching to AP if I think I can broadside an unsuspecting or dumb enemy Cruiser.  She actually has great AP using the enhanced 67.5 degree autobounce AP rounds but the fact her dispersion is so unreliable makes using AP a bit of a mixed bag, especially since her guns are rather small to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles

I had to spend 8 consecutive hours rinding to get what is a worse version of a ship I already owned.

I felt awful.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
489
[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,216 battles

DoY is trash, But ive got my scharn camo so the boat is scrap

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,218 posts
4,968 battles
15 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

I will give you one thing.  She has very wonkie dispersion.  Lowest hit rate of any of my BBs with a mere 24% hit rate.   It doesn't seem to hurt her performance much overall but there are times in a match where I just want to scream at the computer.  HE is where it is at with her.  I usually fire about 80% HE only switching to AP if I think I can broadside an unsuspecting or dumb enemy Cruiser.  She actually has great AP using the enhanced 67.5 degree autobounce AP rounds but the fact her dispersion is so unreliable makes using AP a bit of a mixed bag, especially since her guns are rather small to begin with.

Same. HE is the hallmark of the British BB line, but the chance of fire seems to be pretty low. I did unload a full salvo of AP on a broadside Nurnberg about 8km away and got one penetration for only a couple thousand. I don't think it's a particularly weak ship and I'm not sure if it needs a buff or not. I think my downfall is because I'm used to be very aggressive in German BBs (The York is my first taste of the British lines), the new shiny ship tends to be focused down, and a three point captain in a Tier VII ship is just sadistic.I think with time and practice I could get the hang of it, but I find myself wondering if I want to.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[AFW-]
Members
972 posts
7,537 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

I don't have it yet, because this damn Campaign is kicking my a**,

IKR. I did some terrible things during campaign. Like mujaheddin allahu akbar YOLO stuff. Played Mino to get torp hits, but couldn't. Picked Emerald and allahuakbar a New York, lol 6 torp hits!

Things I do for the mission...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,481
[REVY]
Members
6,167 posts
5,164 battles
2 minutes ago, zuga_01 said:

IKR. I did some terrible things during campaign. Like mujaheddin allahu akbar YOLO stuff. Played Mino to get torp hits, but couldn't. Picked Emerald and allahuakbar a New York, lol 6 torp hits!

Things I do for the mission...

I've told people before, that's the right way to play an Emerald, like a Destroyer Leader using it's torpedoes, but nobody listens.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[AFW-]
Members
972 posts
7,537 battles
5 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I've told people before, that's the right way to play an Emerald, like a Destroyer Leader using it's torpedoes, but nobody listens.

It's my favorite ship for co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,400
[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,307 posts
8,272 battles

It definitely felt underwhelming to me. I mean, if t hey improved the RoF just a little bit it would probably feel a lot better.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
204
[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,307 posts
7,995 battles

It needs 25 sec reload to compete with Scharnhorst.

I actually like the ship, the turret rotation is nice and is able to track with rudder shift. Also, its AP actually works, you don't have to get stuck using HE like other RN BBs, that's a big plus with me. Add a 19 point captain with certain "skills" the ship is actually solid imho. Just buff that reload to 25 sec and this is a good ship at its tier.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,529
[SYN]
Members
15,373 posts
12,506 battles

I much prefer KGV.

KGV and DoY share the same flaws of being squishy, but DoY doesn't help by having one less heal and being able to fire as quickly.

They both don't owe themselves all that well for pushing ahead either, so that Hydro on DoY is a waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[DONUT]
Members
438 posts
6,100 battles

I  have 4 days to complete the campaign to earn DoY.  From the reviews it sounds like its not worth my effort.  But if I earn the DoY are the containers in the Arctic campaign worth the effort? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
204
[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,307 posts
7,995 battles
4 minutes ago, IcyThor said:

I  have 4 days to complete the campaign to earn DoY.  From the reviews it sounds like its not worth my effort.  But if I earn the DoY are the containers in the Arctic campaign worth the effort? 

Don't listen to potatoes.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles
4 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Actually... pretty damn good.  I think she's a mighty fine ship that makes pretty good credits.  Well worth the trouble of the missions in my opinion.

It's utter garbage relative to KGV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
281
[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
791 posts
2,022 battles

I'll never know. I wont be able to get her before the campaign ends. Its too bad, I really want her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,718
[SIM]
Members
3,927 posts
6,592 battles

Someone really downvoted me for buying DoY so that I would have ample time to earn the five campaign ships with premium camo, and net enough doubloons in the bundle to unlock a couple of premiums that I wanted, and also convert a bunch of free XP? This ship is the Duke of Salt, some people just can't seem to handle the fact that there are players that enjoy it, and interact with it in a positive way.

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
281
[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
791 posts
2,022 battles
40 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Someone really downvoted me for buying DoY so that I would have ample time to earn the five campaign ships with premium camo, and net enough doubloons in the bundle to unlock a couple of premiums that I wanted, and also convert a bunch of free XP? This ship is the Duke of Salt, some people just can't seem to handle the fact that there are players that enjoy it, and interact with it in a positive way.

People just get salty when they others buy things in this game.

Its not a ship Id buy, but if I got it from the campaign (or were gifted it) its not a ship Id hate to have. Dont worry about what others think though. Enjoy your ship.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×