Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Crucis

One last set of Santa Boxes. OMG!!!

39 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles

OK, after my last purchase of Santa boxes, I was seriously ticked off that WG doesn't check to see if you had one version of the Spee and would give you the other one.  :Smile-angry:   But tonight, I just said, wth, one more try, just for yucks.

So here's what I ended up getting.

The usual selection of Frosty Fir camo and various epic-level flags.

6k doubloons.

And now the fun begins....  :cap_haloween:

Spoiler

The CA Indianapolis  :cap_look:

The DD Lo Yang  :Smile_hiding:

The DD Gremyaschy  :cap_rambo:

The CA Prinz Eugen  :Smile_coin:

The BB Nikolai I  :cap_fainting:

That's 5 premium ships out of 20 "Big" Santa Boxes.  And not just any junky premiums some rather fine ones (with the exception of the Indianapolis, which while nothing outstanding, is still a tier 7 premium ship).  About the only thing that could have made this haul more spectacular might have been to pick up the Kutozov.  (Or possibly the Kii or Enterprise, I suppose.)

I am one happy Crucis right now.  :cap_like:

• Cool 6

[WOLF1]
Members
620 posts
13,145 battles
36 minutes ago, Crucis said:

OK, after my last purchase of Santa boxes, I was seriously ticked off that WG doesn't check to see if you had one version of the Spee and would give you the other one.  :Smile-angry:   But tonight, I just said, wth, one more try, just for yucks.

6k doubloons.

Image result for tom selleck gif

[WOLF2]
Members
420 posts
7,455 battles

Nice haul!

I took a break from the game and hadn't bought anything lately so I did the same thing.

I was thinking I probably wouldn't get any premiums but ended up opening these four in a row

De Grasse

Kidd

Huanghe

Perth

Woot!!

[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
10 minutes ago, khan1670 said:

Nice haul!

I took a break from the game and hadn't bought anything lately so I did the same thing.

I was thinking I probably wouldn't get any premiums but ended up opening these four in a row

De Grasse

Kidd

Huanghe

Perth

Woot!!

The De Grasse is a fine tier 6 premium cruiser.  And the Kidd......  That thing is a gem.  

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

6k doubloons.

Hide contents

The CA Indianapolis  :cap_look:

The DD Lo Yang  :Smile_hiding:

The DD Gremyaschy  :cap_rambo:

The CA Prinz Eugen  :Smile_coin:

The BB Nikolai I  :cap_fainting:

That's 5 premium ships out of 20 "Big" Santa Boxes.  And not just any junky premiums some rather fine ones (with the exception of the Indianapolis, which while nothing outstanding, is still a tier 7 premium ship).  About the only thing that could have made this haul more spectacular might have been to pick up the Kutozov.  (Or possibly the Kii or Enterprise, I suppose.)

Gratz and for the record, I actually really like the Indy, in fact she is my top Tier 7 cruiser in performance currently.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,307 posts
8,272 battles

I wish I had the money to get some more Santa Boxes.

[USCC2]
Members
4,912 posts

Congrats on a great haul, some very nice ships! :cap_win:

It seems there will be many more 'OP' ships in the game, makes me wonder why WG removed them in the first place. (Edit: could it be they realised the money making potential?:Smile_smile:).

With only 3 ships to get in the list (Belfast, Kami and Eugen) a friend of mine literally knows he will get an OP ship if he gets a ship in a Santa Crate.

The Clan is running a book on how much he is willing to pay to win. :Smile_Default:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[PVE]
Members
1,702 posts
7,515 battles

Been kicking the idea of getting another set of boxes myself before its all over with.....problem is...there really is nothing left that I just have to have, have all the premium ships I could ever want....camos last year were more variety and more interesting, Frosty Fir is just meh.....fighting temptation...lol...please let me have the strength to resist.....that was a nice batch of ships in your set...congrats!

Edited by Judge_Doom

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,216 battles

CVs werent in the loot table. so getting CV-6 would have been impossible

[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
8 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

Been kicking the idea of getting another set of boxes myself before its all over with.....problem is...there really is nothing left that I just have to have, have all the premium ships I could ever want....camos last year were more variety and more interesting, Frosty Fir is just meh.....fighting temptation...lol...please let me have the strength to resist.....

The Frosty Fir camo is definitely on the ugly side, and color scheme definitely doesn't IMO fit the name.  (My color scheme for a "frosty fir" camo would have been a dark hunter green and white, like snow on fir trees.)  But the bonuses you get with the FF camo are plenty good.

[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
6 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

CVs werent in the loot table. so getting CV-6 would have been impossible

Ahhh.  Didn't know that.  Wouldn't have minded a Kii, but I don't think that I'd actually pay for it.  I don't know what it is with WG but they seem determined to be sure that none of the IJN premium BBs not be good.  They all seem on the meh side.

Regardless, I'm happy with my haul.  I've even played 4 of the 5 ships already.  I can see why the Gremy is OP, and can only imagine how disgustingly OP it must have been when OWFS was still around.  The only down side to it that I could see are its slow traversing turrets.

[TGOSM]
Beta Testers
11 posts
1,518 battles

I bought my last set today as well and managed to pull the Belfast. So I'm a happy camper.

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,216 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Ahhh.  Didn't know that.  Wouldn't have minded a Kii, but I don't think that I'd actually pay for it.  I don't know what it is with WG but they seem determined to be sure that none of the IJN premium BBs not be good.  They all seem on the meh side.

Regardless, I'm happy with my haul.  I've even played 4 of the 5 ships already.  I can see why the Gremy is OP, and can only imagine how disgustingly OP it must have been when OWFS was still around.  The only down side to it that I could see are its slow traversing turrets.

i spent my money on WoWP instead. since i play all three titles it had the best value. i would have like an enterprise or GZ but it wasnt possible.

Edited by Zhoyzu
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
2 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

i spent my money on WoWP instead. since i play all three titles it had the best value

I've been mildly tempted to check out WoWP, but I have so much invested in WoWS that I'd hate to switch now.  I used to play WoT a LOT and invested pretty heavily in that.  And I might return to it once again after they release the new HD maps, etc.

Overall though, my real love is for warships of that period more than tanks or planes, so WoWS it is for me.

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,216 battles
13 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I've been mildly tempted to check out WoWP, but I have so much invested in WoWS that I'd hate to switch now.  I used to play WoT a LOT and invested pretty heavily in that.  And I might return to it once again after they release the new HD maps, etc.

Overall though, my real love is for warships of that period more than tanks or planes, so WoWS it is for me.

IMO the best tiers are 2-5. The game is so much less grindy than wows or WoT. I like dogfighting and since SWBF 1 and 2 are failures and WoWP was free it only made sense. Sadly there arent any tie-fighters or X-Wings but the game is super solid and fun to play. The forums are full of salty people who dont want to accept the new better game and preferred to play alone when no one else was LOL.

youd need to consider that the game is now in an infancy stage since the overhaul so it needs a good bit of ironing but otherwise id totally recommend the game to anyone who is looking for a free dog fighting game. 

Theres a code for a free t5 thats super fun let me grab that for you... 

PCPWOWP2 

So the t5 is a Spitfire 1a. British, comes with a fully trained pilot. The spitfires are really enjoyable and strong Fighters.

If anything the game is a nice change of pace from wows or for playing when youre having a bad ships day.

Fair warning dont import WoWs or WoT when you download WoWP. It makes you install the gamecenter which blows and causes memory leaks.

Edited by Zhoyzu
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,687 posts
17,175 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

DUDE! OUTSTANDING! (quick, go buy some lottery tickets!) Congrats!

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Every time I see somebody else pull a Gremy it makes me want to buy more crates.  Congrats on the haul! :cap_like:

[NNC]
Members
2,097 posts
11,172 battles

mm i got 400 boxes and got

alabama, enterprise, saipan, indiana, arizona, Texas, Marblehead, albany.

Kii, atago, mutsu, yuabri, kamikaze, 

diana, aurora, oleg, nikolai, gremyaschy, okhotnik, kransy krym, murmansk, molotov, makarov, leningrad

scharnhorst, emden, prinz eugen, tirpitz

de grasse, dunkerque, duca aosta, perth, loyang, haung he, anshan

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

I had been waiting to get one more set of 20 x $3 boxes. Your luck inspired me to go ahead.

4,000 Doubloons. assorted camo and flags, no ships.

[PVE]
Members
9,564 posts
17,006 battles

I have been trying to NOT get more boxes but every few days I get the itch and get a 20 pack (mostly the 20 pack of $1 boxes). Not so much for the ships as I already hit the mother load on those (see below) but more for doubloons, premium time, and the special flags. Free XP is always nice too. Record so far is 7 ships out of a 20 pack of $3 boxes. Have hit 5 ships from both the $5 boxes and the $3 boxes (3 X's) too. Unfortunately, having all the ships possible to pull (I believe except for 1 ship) any ships I get now are the cheapest ones in that box line like Gallant or Okhotnik. So the doubloon value is really low. Would be nice if I could get something like a duplicate Tirpitz or Bama and get some real value LOL.

I already had Tirpitz, Hood, and HSF Graf Spee before buying any Santa boxes. I ended up with the following ships from the boxes this year...

• Kidd
  • Atlanta
  • Blyskawica
  • Indianapolis
  • Sims
  • Scharnhorst
  • Leningrad
  • Warspite
  • Anshan
  • Molotov
  • Arizona
  • Dunkerque
  • Perth
  • De Grasse
  • Duca d’Aosta
  • Mutsu
  • Gallant
  • Admiral Graf Spee (IMO this should count as a duplicate if you have the HSF version as I did but whatever LOL)
  • Huanghe
  • Giulio Cesare
  • Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya
  • Okhotnik
  • Prinz Eugen
  • Lo Yang
  • Atago

I also pulled some rare ships no longer offered as well...

• Imperator Nikolai I
  • Mikhail Kutuzov
  • Belfast
  • Kamikaze
  • Gremyashchy

The only ship I didn't get that was possible, at least I believe, was the Kamikaze R (someone said they got that one even though not on the list). Fine with me as I do not play DD anyway (won't play any of the ones I got - just gonna be port queens). I got more ships than I can play, over 100K in doubloons, and almost 2 years of Premium time. Add in all the special flags and free XP and I got way more value than I paid.

Hmmm...might be time for another box LOL. :Smile_facepalm:

[4HIM]
Members
2,517 posts
8,323 battles

Congrats on all the botes.  Myself, I've been burned FAR too badly to waste any more on them.  40 crates, 1 bote (Gallant). 

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

I've always had decent ship luck in the boxes, both this year and last. I opened 40 x $3 boxes this year and got 9 ships. Last year I think I opened about 100 and got 22 ships. I'm kinda running out of ships to get in the boxes so I'm resisting the urge to pick more up. All I really want out of them now would be Kidd, but odds are slim so I'll just get it when it comes back to the store some day. I have hardly really played many of the ships I do own anyway, seems a shame to make more port queens. Here are the ships I managed to accrue through Crates in the past 2 years:

- Okhotnik

- Indianapolis

- Cesare

- Texas (x3)

- Imp. Nik

- Gremmy

- Warspite

- Spee

- Oktober Rev

- Arizona

- Duca

- De Grasse

- Marblehead

- Scharn

-Tirpitz

- Perth

-Belfast

-Emden (like x5, bastages..)

- Kutuzov

- Atago

- Murmansk

All those Botes and many have yet to even be played (eck, including Imp Nik... BLASPHEMY!)

[PVE]
Members
9,564 posts
17,006 battles

LOL couldn't help myself. Grabbed another 20 pack and went the $3 ones...

Got...

• 4K Doubloons
  • 90 Days Premium
  • Duplicate Leningrad (3675 Doubloons)
  • Duplicate Graf Spee (missed the Doubloon value)
  • 2 X 15 Frosty Fir
  • 11 X 15 of the assorted special flags - got at least one of all (dragon, red dragon, hydra, wyvern, ouroboros)

More than happy with that. :Smile_honoring:

Sign in to follow this