Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HooplaJones

Single Strike 61K Stacked CV Bomber damage to T9 BB

43 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

226
[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
603 posts
13,726 battles

Im like wth, I get eviscerated from a stacked bomber group,  3 Issues I have with that

1) No warning that Bombers are approaching

2) Not 1 bomber shot down

3) Dead in 3 mins...

Hats off to the Enterprise who smoked me, I still do not understand CV's in this game, I shoot a full salvo at 6K and am luck to get 4 or more hits, this CV hit me 16 times that is 2 stacks of 8 with each striking a blow.  

shot-18.01.12_21.17.53-0194.jpg

Edited by HooplaJones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,555
[WOLF3]
Members
21,714 posts
19,957 battles

There is plenty of warning from incoming air attacks.  You were not paying attention.

 

As a BB in a CV match understand you are the No.1 Preferred Target of all CVs.  You sould be paranoid about your position and never, ever be isolated because you'll be picked out easily.  Most especially your German BB with s--t AA and s--t protection against modern attacks of WWII.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,177
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,006 posts
3,895 battles

No warning that bombers are coming in?

 

You mean the planes you can see from 10-15km away?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[5D]
Members
135 posts
8,211 battles

Sounds like Its mostly Isolation,

AP bombs will wipe the floor with almost any ship that is Isolated. especially KM BB's, an Enterprise or any other American CV running AP bombs are gonna prioritize KM BB's and then any larger CA's not running DFAA especially Moskava.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
489
[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,216 battles

Thats just a good RNG hit and you having no awareness of whats going on around you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,070
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,687 posts
17,175 battles
20 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

As a BB in a CV match understand you are the No.1 Preferred Target of all CVs.

Nonsense, a CV will hunt down and croak a DD long before it ever goes after a BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,191 posts
4,322 battles
30 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Im like wth, I get eviscerated from a stacked bomber group,  3 Issues I have with that

1) No warning that Bombers are approaching

2) Not 1 bomber shot down

3) Dead in 3 mins...

Hats off to the Enterprise who smoked me, I still do not understand CV's in this game, I shoot a full salvo at 6K and am luck to get 4 or more hits, this CV hit me 16 times that is 2 stacks of 8 with each striking a blow.  

shot-18.01.12_21.17.53-0194.jpg

Only problem I see is that you got hit by more bombs than an Enterprise can have in the air at one time. 12 max 14 hits. That's not to say AP bombs are weak.

hizHm9y.jpg

It just didn't happen as you said 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
533
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,071 posts
1,501 battles

Must have been a double CV match and he thought they all came from the one CV. There's no way he wasn't killed in one pass by the bombs with a battle time that short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,064
[WOLFB]
Members
2,926 posts
12,231 battles

So it's ok for a cruiser to get Dev Strike. It's ok for a DD to get Dev Strike. Same for CV but for a BB it's heresy ? lul.

 

/Troll off

 

Planes are spotted miles away, I don't know what ship you were playing but it's not that hard to know who the CV will target:

 

If you're alone can be sure you'll get strike

If you're bottom tier BB you can be sure you'll get strike

If you're a BB with bad AA / low HP you'll probably get focus

 

Those AP bomb are good, the only drawback is their damage on cruiser. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,555
[WOLF3]
Members
21,714 posts
19,957 battles
29 minutes ago, Goliath654 said:

Sounds like Its mostly Isolation,

AP bombs will wipe the floor with almost any ship that is Isolated. especially KM BB's, an Enterprise or any other American CV running AP bombs are gonna prioritize KM BB's and then any larger CA's not running DFAA especially Moskava.

Nah, my USN BBs laugh at air power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
Members
33 posts
2,871 battles

Ive been deleted before by AP bombs from USN, the only problem with this is you can't do anything and you barely kill 1 plane if that and its almost a guaranteed 70+% off your hp without anyway of you avoiding it unlike when you're angling against shots or dodging torpedoes, its dumb. That's why sometimes CVs literally ruin games. Hell I've ran in games with cvs that just go and delete a ship even with said ship is full AA spec, has happened before in my AA spc'd cruisers and BBs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,466
[INTEL]
Members
10,879 posts
30,634 battles
16 hours ago, HooplaJones said:

Im like wth, I get eviscerated from a stacked bomber group,  3 Issues I have with that

1) No warning that Bombers are approaching

2) Not 1 bomber shot down

3) Dead in 3 mins...

Hats off to the Enterprise who smoked me, I still do not understand CV's in this game, I shoot a full salvo at 6K and am luck to get 4 or more hits, this CV hit me 16 times that is 2 stacks of 8 with each striking a blow.  

 

Fun AND engaging. The game definitely needs a mechanic for deleting German BBs without risk to the ship doing the deleting. German BB drivers will definitely find that mechanic enjoyable and immersive. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[CLOVR]
Members
187 posts
667 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

Fun AND engaging. The game definitely needs a mechanic for deleting German BBs without risk to the ship doing the deleting. German BB drivers will definitely find that mechanic enjoyable and immersive. 

My question is did you then get detonated the next match? As we all know, there's never "too much" Fun and Engaging™ gameplay!

 

As an aside, I find all the "Oh noes I gots beated down" whines from some BB players rather...annoying, seeing as they can, and do all the time, delete ship after ship with virtually no warning. But, you know, that's totally alright.:Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles

CVs are so damn broken in this game it isn't even remotely funny.  There is no way a flight of Bombers would ever get away with that many hits on a fighting BB just like there is no way a flight of TBs would get away with 3-4-5 Torpedo hits.  It just wasn't that common to get hit by that many bombs all at once. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,191 posts
4,322 battles
25 minutes ago, Carl said:

Must have been a double CV match and he thought they all came from the one CV. There's no way he wasn't killed in one pass by the bombs with a battle time that short.

Lexington+ with a 100% hit drop. It's just impossible for enterprise to do it in 1 pass.  Possibly a GZ if there is a test right now multiple squadrons of DBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,070
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,988 posts
12,415 battles

I don't like getting citadel deleted in cruisers by battleships but that doesn't mean I think BB's should necessarily be subject to it.

Also I thought air spotting range of planes was 8km, if I'm right you should have about 25-30s to see a strike coming if you're the one seeing it until it's directly over you. That's not that long compared to a 15-20s rudder shift time, but you can react.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
533
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,071 posts
1,501 battles
7 minutes ago, mofton said:

I don't like getting citadel deleted in cruisers by battleships but that doesn't mean I think BB's should necessarily be subject to it.

Also I thought air spotting range of planes was 8km, if I'm right you should have about 25-30s to see a strike coming if you're the one seeing it until it's directly over you. That's not that long compared to a 15-20s rudder shift time, but you can react.

 

Agreed. No getting dev striked in a cruiser or a DD  isn't fun. That dosen;t mean others should be subject to the same in return. The problem there isn't that only cruisers and DD get dev striked, its that dev striking anyone isn't the hyper rare ultra lucky thing it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,191 posts
4,322 battles
17 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Fun AND engaging. The game definitely needs a mechanic for deleting German BBs without risk to the ship doing the deleting. German BB drivers will definitely find that mechanic enjoyable and immersive. 

I bet you love that turtle back armor when getting hit by short to mid range battleship AP shells.

That was designed to save weight with good protection against flat trajectory shells. It just leaves you vulnerable to vertical attacks. If real plunging fire worked or auto bouncing was removed then you would suffer the same fate against BB shells that do more damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,466
[INTEL]
Members
10,879 posts
30,634 battles
16 hours ago, StoneRhino said:

I bet you love that turtle back armor when getting hit by short to mid range battleship AP shells.

That was designed to save weight with good protection against flat trajectory shells. It just leaves you vulnerable to vertical attacks. If real plunging fire worked or auto bouncing was removed then you would suffer the same fate against BB shells that do more damage.

The issue isn't the armor's performance. It is whether DBs like this help or hurt gameplay. We played literally millions of games without them and with German BBs, and I can't recall any forum posts calling for this mechanic.

Whereas there are dozens of items, easy to implement, that players have repeatedly called for. All not done. This is another case of the devs wasting valuable time and effort on things nobody wanted or needed, while things asked for are ignored. 

Edited by Taichunger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,191 posts
4,322 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

The issue isn't the armor's performance. It is whether DBs like this help or hurt gameplay. We played literally millions of games without them and with German BBs, and I can't recall any forum posts calling for this mechanic.

Whereas there are dozens of items, easy to implement, that players have repeatedly called for. All not done. This is another case of the devs wasting valuable time and effort on things nobody wanted or needed, while things asked for are ignored. 

AP bombs were asked for before their release. 

The point however was that AP bombs are not a mechanic designed to kill km BBs. They are designed to kill all BBs, it is just that the Germans didn't really build "modern" BBs. Instead they designed monsters to fight a ww1 naval engagement. And it shows when they face real ship killing bombs. Just like how tough they are in the majority of wows games, a ww1 style naval engagement. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,177
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,006 posts
3,895 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

The issue isn't the armor's performance. It is whether DBs like this help or hurt gameplay. We played literally millions of games without them and with German BBs, and I can't recall any forum posts calling for this mechanic.

Whereas there are dozens of items, easy to implement, that players have repeatedly called for. All not done. This is another case of the devs wasting valuable time and effort on things nobody wanted or needed, while things asked for are ignored. 

I guess we're ignoring the hundreds of threads over the past 2 years asking about AP bombs, then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,716
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

but it's ok to do it to a cruiser.  I truly feel for your problems.  I do.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×