Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MVital

High Caliber missions

12 comments in this topic

[45ACP]
Members
17 posts

Both of the High Caliber missions(NYR 4/2, and BNC 4/4), are basicly undoable.  As High Caliber medals are so hard to come by, and for those of us who have laid out the money to buy both the Scharnhorst and Duke of York, can you give us something, to skip these, as I really want the cammos, don't mind doing the rest of the missions for the reward ships, but Cannot get High Caliber in Tier 6 BB's or better.

[SYN]
Members
7,556 posts
12,807 battles

You don't have to do it, you can repeat other mission. But really... it's not that hard to get High Caliber.

Fun fact! I have earn High Caliber more than I have been detonated.

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,687 posts
17,175 battles
41 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Yeah, but isn't that because you run anti-det signal flags?

[SF-A]
Members
3,138 posts
6,797 battles

I got one ten minutes ago. Pick a disgustingly OP ship like Nelson, and just roll over people. I stacked up 140k and 3 kills with pathetic ease. Focus on damaging a few people, but really hammering those few. Battleships if available.

Members
113 posts
5,864 battles
34 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

You don't have to do it, you can repeat other mission. But really... it's not that hard to get High Caliber.

I was curious about that myself and had to look that up. I ended up having a 4:1 ratio of High Calibers to Detonations. It's a mixed bag whether or not i use anti-det flags or the 70% module so that plays some part into it. High Calibers can be attained, you just need to have a solid game and not really think about it. And the OP should do what @Kapitan_Wuff mentioned regarding repeating the other missions that aren't so troublesome for you. You can always come back to the harder ones later on after you have already moved on and completed it.

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
974 posts
7,699 battles

Man the one I'm having problems with (because I'm a completionist and it's the last one) is getting a Devestating Strike in DoY. I did get one right before I got to the mission two days ago. Now I can't get it. I've been running the ship for 2 days doing all the other missions that apply to her.. nothing. Her AP is kinda bad... and I just can't get HE shots on DD's often with 50% health. They either have less, or full haha

[SALVO]
Members
22,113 posts
22,533 battles
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Yeah, I don't get how people still don't know this.  :Smile_facepalm:

[RLGN]
Members
11,499 posts
20,433 battles
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

But really... it's not that hard to get High Caliber.

I glad that you find it so easy to toss them off; must be nice; being able to consciously decide to go out and get an achievement.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
7,556 posts
12,807 battles

@Umikami I actually don't use det flags too much.  I like to save them to ensure I have them for competitive game modes and when I am loading a DD up with dragon flags I toss on a det flag just cause it sucks to waste dragon flags getting detonated. But most of the time in randoms I run without one. And the magazine module is something I have only recently started using on select ships. 

@Estimated_Prophet Not saying it so easy to get High Caliber, but it's far from the 'basically undoable' OP claims.

[45ACP]
Members
17 posts

Did not realise you could "redo" missions, to skip harder missions, now will hopefully be able to get my Scharnhorst camo.   Oh, about the High Caliber, I have been playing since the game was released, and most of the time play DD's.  I have some High Caliber medals, but mostly in DD's, not a big BB driver(only have 1 High Caliber in a BB's), its very hard to get.

Thanks Guys.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,687 posts
17,175 battles
41 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I like to save them to ensure I have them for competitive game modes and when I am loading a DD up with dragon flags I toss on a det flag just cause it sucks to waste dragon flags getting detonated.

Actually, this is pretty much the way I run them also.

[NAUT]
Beta Testers
974 posts
7,699 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I glad that you find it so easy to toss them off; must be nice; being able to consciously decide to go out and get an achievement.

It's not so much consciously deciding to do it. I don't consider myself an amazing player. I'm mostly a BB captain, and I have 259 of them in 3000 something battles. So a bit less than 1 in 10. Now of course, with Duke of York, I can't seem to get one! Of course it's AP is a bit poorer than others, and the temptation is always there to have HE loaded, but it still should not be that hard to citadel a cruiser to death that's silly enough to show a broadside. That's probably how I got most of mine...

Sign in to follow this