Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Why are people still "allegedly" cheating with cv's in ranked?

38 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
5,462 posts
12,323 battles

I've seen a lot of talk lately from a lot of players about certain CV players rigging matches in ranked. They are "allegedly" dropping 2 accounts into the match, play one decently well enough to win and does just enough with the other to not be afk, literally throwing the game away and rigging the match. I've seen talk about this with specific players referenced for about a week or more now and the alternate accounts they have been using. I have heard of multiple reports being sent in on these specific players, yet they are still out there today, rigging ranked matches. 

When multiple reports have been sent in with the exact same 2 accounts where one has obviously been throwing the game, how is this hard to police???? Why are they still able to "allegedly" do this despite claims of many reports going in against the accounts? How is this not easily searchable and dealt with? WG has the data and can see who an individual cv has faced off against, it should be easily flaggable. They should be able to tell if the accounts are possibly coming from the same location. Yet we have "alleged" cheating going on for an extended period of time. It's not like a cv player can fail their way like this to the top league.

Why are we forced to suffer with "alleged" cheating in this game? It's getting really tiring seeing people "allegedly" gaming the system with no consequences in World of Warships.

Seems like the only time WG ever listens to the player base is when we make a lot of noise. RE: Sir Foch, RE: GZ and iChase. Is this the kind of thing we want "allegedly" happening in World of Warships?

• Cool 3

[NDA]
Supertester
5,257 posts
15,818 battles

There is a simple trick to dealing with CVs rigging one or not while in the Rank cue.

Just Press the [Esc] key and go get a drink. 

Because as a DD the last ship I want to see in the match is a Carrier. 

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
5,462 posts
12,323 battles
Just now, RedSeaBear said:

There is a simple trick to dealing with CVs rigging one or not while in the Rank cue.

Just Press the [Esc] key and go get a drink. 

:cap_cool:

That's what I do, so I have no first hand experience with this particular player(s), but still feel for those that did not do that or loaded right in with no chance to exit. Ranked is bad enough without people cheating you of wins

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
3,253 posts
17,301 battles

I've qued in straight to a carrier battle  and  like most of us I think try to escape out if I see it coming

But I've seen that in ranked battles where one CV rules the map and the other CV just flies Fighters around himself for the whole game wondering why the hell he's playing ranked

I've also heard of that as a stat padder for  random battles also

I don't really pay attention but I figured if we're talking about it I'd give you my side:Smile_popcorn:

[OO7]
Members
5,462 posts
12,323 battles
2 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

You think this is limited to ranked?

cUoMlfB.png

I get this "person" on my team in high tiers all the time. 

hM1rC2H.jpg

Nope, its not, a lot more obvious in ranked and easier to see happening though.

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
3,253 posts
17,301 battles

Yes it's terribly discouraging to waste your valuable time to play this game and you have some crappy player flying your carrier being such a powerful ship and being abused by the other one

I've almost quit this game because of those moments

[WOLF7]
Members
12,225 posts
10 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

You think this is limited to ranked?

cUoMlfB.png

I get this "person" on my team in high tiers all the time. 

hM1rC2H.jpg

The thing that bothers  me the most about this is....WG has all the data, they can clearly see a pattern of behavior.

And they have to know that a sub 40% win rate after 5k games is either a serial tker or a alt throwaway account.

If a player can go to warships.today, and clearly identify dozens of bots, then certainly WG should be able to identify these issues far easier. 

Edited by awiggin

[TBW]
Members
8,143 posts
14,884 battles

It should be that they can only do this for a certain level, since once you get ahead you are matched with another group. They would have to keep making the other account better to get to the level the first account is at. Isn't it rank 10, where you are matched with 10-6 and then 5-2. How do they get the second account caught up?

They may be doing it but they can't do it for long, if they are.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,662 posts
15,807 battles
21 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The thing that bothers  me the most about this is....WG has all the data, they can clearly see a pattern of behavior.

And they have to know that a sub 40% win rate after 5k games is either a serial tker or a alt throwaway account.

If a player can go to warships.today, and clearly identify dozens of bots, then certainly WG should be able to identify these issues far easier. 

Exactly. Which tells you one thing. They do not care. 

[MIA]
Clan Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,453 posts
7,860 battles

WG will not take action unless the IPs line up. It's unfortunately easy to play the system.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,687 posts
17,175 battles
58 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

That's a big 10/4 there rubber duck!

[NDA]
Supertester
5,257 posts
15,818 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

That's a big 10/4 there rubber duck!

Convoy by C.W. McCall starts playing in the distance. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,815 posts
18,484 battles
4 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

good song

Members
356 posts
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

And I'll probably get ANOTHER strike for saying this instead of being a good little [edited]-kisser like the CC's.

Wargaming doesn't care. Heck they probably encourage this sort of thing; more alt / bot accounts means more raw numbers hiding a falling number of real players. To them its all a grab for fast cash to keep their other games afloat while trying to convince the world that they're a valid E-sport. There are really only three times an actual ban is handed down. One is when the cheater screws up publicly and the evidence is posted on a non-WG site so it can't be taken down. Then they ban to give the illusion of caring in the hopes of preventing a shitstorm. Two, they ban when the cheater is a whale at the top since they know said whale will rebuy their toys so they can make twice as much money off the same guy.  Third time? If you prove you aren't afraid to tear into their favorites or point out their rampant idiocy, blatant bias, and general lack of anything resembling principles when it comes to equal enforcement.

[OO7]
Members
5,462 posts
12,323 battles
59 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It should be that they can only do this for a certain level, since once you get ahead you are matched with another group. They would have to keep making the other account better to get to the level the first account is at. Isn't it rank 10, where you are matched with 10-6 and then 5-2. How do they get the second account caught up?

They may be doing it but they can't do it for long, if they are.

We aren't talking about bad players, we are talking about very decent players, purple stats, etc. Players that can hold their own more often than not against most everybody. Play a few solo games in the CV to stay where they are at or reverse roles with the acounts

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,687 posts
17,175 battles
38 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Great song; funny too.

[PVE]
Members
3,511 posts
21,653 battles

Getting both accounts into the same match has to be pretty rare doesn't it? And if the players are as good as you need to be to run 2 accounts together at the same time in a match why would they need to? I'm confused.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
5,257 posts
15,818 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Getting both accounts into the same match has to be pretty rare doesn't it? And if the players are as good as you need to be to run 2 accounts together at the same time in a match why would they need to? I'm confused.

With the numbers of CVs I've seen in the R10-R6 cue it wouldn't be hard for a CV to fix a match. You can only have one CV per team. 

10 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Great song; funny too.

I've often wondered how that Suicide Jokey made out, were the eleven long hair friends of Jesus in the chartreuse micro bus able to help him? 

[OO7]
Members
5,462 posts
12,323 battles
13 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Not at all! Get into the ranked queue for a while and see how many cv's are in the population, usually 0, sometimes 1. Super easy to get 2 cv's into the same match.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,687 posts
17,175 battles
10 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

You can only have one CV per team. 

I thought that WoW allowed 2 CV's per match, but then I read @Ducky_shot's post and figured out you were talking about ranked; my bad.

and now, for something a little different ...

[PVE]
Members
3,511 posts
21,653 battles
20 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

With the numbers of CVs I've seen in the R10-R6 cue it wouldn't be hard for a CV to fix a match. You can only have one CV per team. 

20 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

Not at all! Get into the ranked queue for a while and see how many cv's are in the population, usually 0, sometimes 1. Super easy to get 2 cv's into the same match.

Yeah I musta been tired & not thinkin when I wrote that...it would be super easy to do...you can even send alternate account planes after only potatoes on main account (or suicide them into aa heavy targets) to make it look legit. Don't run CVs (Co-Op only for missions/challenges that are Co-Opable...exception the T5 ones to finish off the tasks for the easy campaign) so the idea of trying to run 2 CVs at the same time is conceptually overwhelming to me but it actually wouldn't be too hard I guess if you know your CVs.

[OO7]
Members
5,462 posts
12,323 battles
On 1/13/2018 at 5:12 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Yeah I musta been tired & not thinkin when I wrote that...it would be super easy to do...you can even send alternate account planes after only potatoes on main account (or suicide them into aa heavy targets) to make it look legit. Don't run CVs (Co-Op only for missions/challenges that are Co-Opable...exception the T5 ones to finish off the tasks for the easy campaign) so the idea of trying to run 2 CVs at the same time is conceptually overwhelming to me but it actually wouldn't be too hard I guess if you know your CVs.

Especially if you plan to potato with one of them

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. Time to set up a bot account so I can rank out every season with a 70% WR. I agree w/ the OP this should be super easy to tell and dealt with. On another note, wouldn't it be nice if when a player dcs a bot takes over, at least after they rework the bot AI?

Sign in to follow this