You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeathLord1969

What will WG do now?

32 comments in this topic

[XXX]
Members
862 posts
3,097 battles

Now that Steven Seagul is mixed in with the sexual misconduct & now [edited] allegations, what will WG do now? Will his character & voice be pulled from the game?

http://www.fm96.com/syn/123/61406/steven-seagal-accused-of-[edited]-following-allegations-of-sexual-misconduct/

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

Replace all references to him in the game with Erika Eleniak?

(I would be okay with this)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,124 battles
28 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

That's great dude about choked laughing, crap +1

Beta Testers
2,697 posts
22,481 battles

Anything older then seven years as far as I'm concerned are just women looking to make a quick buck off of the rich and famous 

• Cool 6

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,624 posts
17,064 battles

Well, it IS a Russian game, and we all know the great reputation Russia has for fostering and protecting human rights, so I anticipate ... nothing.

• Cool 1

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
1 hour ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

Anything older then seven years as far as I'm concerned are just women looking to make a quick buck off of the rich and famous 

:Smile_great:

• Cool 2

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts
On 1/12/2018 at 4:19 PM, Eric_Von_Hess said:

Not nice, joey. 

• Cool 1

[JOHN]
Members
85 posts
7,802 battles

Replace him with Kevin Spacy....oh, that won't work. How about Matt Lauer? Oops, that don't work either.

Members
23,470 posts
5,930 battles
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 8:11 PM, Umikami said:

Well, it IS a Russian game, and we all know the great reputation Russia has for fostering and protecting human rights, so I anticipate ... nothing.

Depends on the wording of the contract.

If there weren't "morality clauses" in their contracts, Duck Dynasty and 19 Kids and Counting would still be in production.

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
On 1/12/2018 at 6:47 PM, Harv72b said:

I'm pretty sure everyone would be OK with that. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,527 posts
11,429 battles

Show me a conviction or some REALLLLLLY damming evidence. Otherwise IDGAF.

Allegations are a dime a dozen. Innocent until proven guilty. 

I'm not about to hang people because someone screamed "Whichcraft". 

Edited by HazardDrake
  • Cool 2

Members
23,470 posts
5,930 battles
25 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Show me a conviction or some REALLLLLLY damming evidence. Otherwise IDGAF.

Allegations are a dime a dozen. Innocent until proven guilty. 

I'm not about to hang people because someone screamed "Whichcraft". 

To be fair, those allegations are enough that I wouldn't let my daughter go anywhere near him.

It's North America. Allegations and "innocent until proven guilty" only means he won't get arrested. People (and movie production companies) will make up their own minds, for better or worse.

Besides, he's a Russian citizen now. If charges were brought against him, I could see Putin saying he's always been a "cultural ambassador" or something, preventing him from being prosecuted, just to twist some American tails....

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,527 posts
11,429 battles
17 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

To be fair, those allegations are enough that I wouldn't let my daughter go anywhere near him.

It's North America. Allegations and "innocent until proven guilty" only means he won't get arrested. People (and movie production companies) will make up their own minds, for better or worse.

The problem is that this public lynching is applied to everyone. Not just some movie star who has enough cash to not care if they never work again.

In the Jim Crow South they burned your house and business down if the community took to not liking you. Today they just harass your employer until they fire you, then make sure you can't get a job doing anything else. The end result is the same, you're homeless with absolutely nothing. At least those in Jim Crow had more restraint on what they did, since they actually had to leave their basement to do it and spend the money on supplies.

Then these lynch mobs pretend that they arn't doing the exact same thing those in the JC south did 80 years ago. Their hands are just as dirty, just in different ways.

I continue to refuse to participate in such barbaric behavior and will continue to denounce it. 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
On 1/12/2018 at 6:45 PM, DeathLord1969 said:

Now that Steven Seagul is mixed in with the sexual misconduct & now [edited] allegations, what will WG do now? Will his character & voice be pulled from the game?

http://www.fm96.com/syn/123/61406/steven-seagal-accused-of-[edited]-following-allegations-of-sexual-misconduct/

Don't care. Wasn't play the game when he was available. They should bring back past premium captains for people who don't have them to get a chance (I feel the same about the ones I do have; they're OP and should never have been introduced frankly).

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles
On 1/12/2018 at 8:16 PM, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

I would replace him with a John Rambo unique captain 

inaudible mumbling followed by one liners like " I am der lahw"

"Dey drew first blood not me."

By the Seven that would be awesome... 

Members
23,470 posts
5,930 battles
1 hour ago, HazardDrake said:

The problem is that this public lynching is applied to everyone. Not just some movie star who has enough cash to not care if they never work again.

In the Jim Crow South they burned your house and business down if the community took to not liking you. Today they just harass your employer until they fire you, then make sure you can't get a job doing anything else. The end result is the same, you're homeless with absolutely nothing. At least those in Jim Crow had more restraint on what they did, since they actually had to leave their basement to do it and spend the money on supplies.

Then these lynch mobs pretend that they arn't doing the exact same thing those in the JC south did 80 years ago. Their hands are just as dirty, just in different ways.

I continue to refuse to participate in such barbaric behavior and will continue to denounce it. 

That's fair enough. As I said, I wouldn't let my daughter go near him, but I wouldn't harass him, or try to portray rumours as fact.

Where there's smoke, there may not be fire, but I'm not risking getting burned to find out.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,209 posts
10,817 battles

TBH this is not "new" news. Heck I think she made the allegations shortly after the movie came out. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,527 posts
11,429 battles
13 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

That's fair enough. As I said, I wouldn't let my daughter go near him, but I wouldn't harass him, or try to portray rumours as fact.

Where there's smoke, there may not be fire, but I'm not risking getting burned to find out.

It's getting almost hilarious. The latest story about a certain comedian is the poster child of it. She accuses him of sexual assault and people run with it.

Read her actual 3,000 word write up of what happened and you find it's nothing but an awkward first date that had some consensual sexual contact, failed attempts at seduction, and ended with him calling an Uber for her when she asked to leave. Whoopie. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,973 battles
On 1/12/2018 at 6:19 PM, Eric_Von_Hess said:

And/or being paid to smear someone that didn't say the right things.

[HEROS]
Members
1,831 posts
6,013 battles
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

I would replace him with a John Rambo unique captain 

inaudible mumbling followed by one liners like " I am der lahw"

"Dey drew first blood not me."

Rocky is tailor made for a special captain, complete with appropriate quotes:

sink a ship with Devastating Strike , "Adrian" 

win the battle, "Adrian, Adrian"

torps incoming, "I had enough things in my face tonite"

ship on fire, "put it out"

DD asks need smoke (humor, here), "don't smoke that"

AFK shows up 5 min late, "Hey, where's your hat?"

after you get sunk, "You stop this fight, I'll kill ya'!"

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Members
23,470 posts
5,930 battles
57 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

It's getting almost hilarious. The latest story about a certain comedian is the poster child of it. She accuses him of sexual assault and people run with it.

Read her actual 3,000 word write up of what happened and you find it's nothing but an awkward first date that had some consensual sexual contact, failed attempts at seduction, and ended with him calling an Uber for her when she asked to leave. Whoopie. 

Looked that up, yeah, only reason that made news is because of who he is, way overblown.

There's been so much effort drumming into our heads that "no means no", so that there's no need to interpret what we might see as mixed signals. Apparently that's not good enough, now we're supposed to read mixed signals again.

You're right though. Calling that sexual assault is ridiculous IMO.