Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Oh Myoko...

20 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

Quite awhile ago I unlocked her, but lost interest in the IJN line... But the new Mission needs a Tier 7...dusted her off, and ended up with a top of the scoreboard run:

rzXPZBD.jpg

Yeah, bot smashing, but dang, did she kick @$$. 5 point captain, LOL.. 

• Cool 1

[CK5]
Members
1,111 posts
10,078 battles

Congratulations on a great match.  I played 300 matches in the Myoko and just couldn't grow to like it.  Although, that was quite awhile ago so I might take it out of port again just to see if one of us has changed.  

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

Tis funny, I never did get the hang of her in Randoms, and like I said, gave up. But then:

"Hmmm...haven't tried this ship with the Ultimate Frontier...why not..." 

Got the first kill on one of those pesky DDs at the start, and things went pretty good from there... Fires on BBs, more DD shredding, torp spam to make the bots turn broadside. FINALLY die, and hey! Look at that a six pack. Felt a lot like the Halloween mission at times, and I mean that in a good way. 

[DOG]
Members
699 posts
8,432 battles

I loved the Kuma, and still usually play it at least once every time sign on.  I was not a fan of the Furutaka, and subsequently it took me forever to bother to grind up to the Aoba, since it looks like exactly the same sluggish bathtub as the Furutaka.  But I just bought Aoba today.  Please tell me it's worth the grind to move up to the Myoko.  It looks okay from the stats in Wiki, but you can't always tell from that how it's going to play in the game.

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,276 battles

I actually liked the Aoba, Myoko, and Mogami.  Can't say that I find the Ibuki enjoyable, though...

[PVE]
Members
9,557 posts
17,006 battles

Nice game OP. Well done. :Smile_honoring:

I stopped IJN Cruisers at Aoba as it was just SO BAD! :Smile_facepalm: Totally gave up even though I was close to Myoko. A while back there was a thread about Aoba with a guy struggling with it. I decided to join him in spirit and I rebought it and finished the grind to Myoko along with him. It was just as BAD as I remembered and I was so happy to be done with it. 

I seriously debated even buying Myoko as I hated Aoba so much but ended up giving it a shot. Was surprised at how good it is even stock. Only 10 games in it so far, and all stock, but I actually like it. Tougher than I expected (still squishy though) with some offense unlike Aoba.  Haven't played it in a while now as other things have distracted me but eventually I will go back to it and work towards Mogami.

Definitely not a bad ship as long as a BB doesn't catch you broadside because then you are just dog chow.

My best game with it to date...

GOQLMip.jpg

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
3,739 posts
12,104 battles

Just have one of the ARP Myokos but have found the Algerie works better (for me) in the scenario, mostly due to faster turrets.Too much time spent waiting for the turrets to lock on when I turn or change targets. Too many shots missed early while sailing past those pillar islands at the start.

[CVA16]
Members
3,739 posts
12,104 battles

One problem I have with Myoko is that it entices me to do stupid stuff. Trying for a quick turn to launch torps or turning a bit too far to get 5 turrets on target instead of 2. The Algerie can always bring half its turrets to bear (instead of 40%) so it is less enticing to have to bring the rest into play.  Algerie has only a single 3 torp launcher of lesser torps so it is not as potentally a game changer to try and use them but good angles mean I am more likely to survive bringing them to bear when I do decide to use them.

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

Yeah, the torps on all these IJN CAs are best used in while you are trying to kite.  (other than the Atago) You CAN mess up someone trying to chase you, but yeah, you have to show ALL of your citadel to do it... 

[WOLF3]
Members
21,714 posts
19,957 battles

Despite being a floating citadel and having an absolutely HORRIBLE turret traverse, I like Myoko.  She is my most successful IJN Cruiser that has seen a decent amount of games, I do better with her than even my Zao.

Spoiler

1fMRA85.jpg

I adore the firepower Myoko has and I've learned to play around that horrid turret traverse and tweak my build to account for it.  I no longer have the great stealth she can have as I took the captain to work towards Zao long ago, so I'm working on a new captain for her (one of my ARP spares) and will get the 10 pts for CE soon.

I learned to protect her vulnerabilities and leverage the guns after some bad experiences early on.  The guns lay down a lot of hurt on any targets.  BBs, Cruisers, DDs.  Let them taste the HE and burn down even higher tier BBs.  The AP also is solid enough to make someone pay if they show a mistake.  USN Cruiser AP I think is far superior due to their more favorable bounce angles, but their HE isn't as good as IJN with their great damage values and best Fire Chance for any Cruiser Line.  When you need to attack BBs, Myoko's HE will make them cry.

Members
433 posts

And from the Myoko to the Mogami. The jewel of the line w/ 155s and IFHE. Smaller caliber, but there's 15 of them with a pretty good reload. Beastly. My 2nd favorite cruiser of any nation at any tier.

[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
14 posts
3,446 battles

Before the Dragons became available, I didn't get very far up the IJN Cruiser line, But once i got the E.Dragon, I can't stop playing the Myoko. It's such a well-rounded ship, Easily the most enjoyable Cruiser in the game for me.

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
7,951 battles
12 hours ago, MoodswingModz said:

Before the Dragons became available, I didn't get very far up the IJN Cruiser line, But once i got the E.Dragon, I can't stop playing the Myoko. It's such a well-rounded ship, Easily the most enjoyable Cruiser in the game for me.

Wait to you get a Mogami.

Everything you like about the Myoko, plus it fixes the annoyances:  more torpedoes, better turret angles, better turret rotation, much better base Concealment + Concealment module.

Moving from T7 to T8 isn't really bad, either, since in a T7, you're already battling T8 and T9 most of the time.

Sign in to follow this