Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Auriana

DD HP Buff and BB Secondary Fix

121 comments in this topic

Members
183 posts
6,603 battles

Hi WG

To fix BB's first you have to buff DD hit pools a bit. Say around about 10%

Now to have BBs cope with DDs better then BB secondaries need to be manually managed by the player and not be some kind of perk. I really feel most players can more then manage to toggle between Secondary and Mains.

So on UI we have on the USS.NC 1-2-3 for the 3 main battery. Why not add P for Port Secondary battery and S for starboard secondary battery.

Of course ideally the player would be moved to a secondary battery director but maybe do it in a series of patches.

Giving players direct control over the secondary batteries would mostly solve this issue for BBs being at least able to cope with DDs.

The only other option is improve the firing accuracy on the secondaries SIGNIFICANTLY because really the secondary guns are pretty much useless otherwise except if your on a German ship

[Y0L0]
Members
9,925 posts
14,155 battles

if you can't hit DD with main guns,  it is all on  you.    BB doesn't need secondary upgrade to make them more effective.       if they are unseen,  better secondary won't help anyway.  

• Boring 1

[CLOVR]
Members
187 posts
667 battles

What Centarina said.

Also, every one of the CQE's I've gotten has come in a non-German ship, so I feel the need to disagree strongly with you, there. Hitting a DD with main guns isn't nearly as hard as many make it out to be, DD drivers are actually quite good at it themselves. DD's are meant to be low HP ships, they're sneaky little beasts, they don't need more HP, they tend to stay alive the longest, at least in matches I've had.

[USCC2]
Members
4,912 posts
3 minutes ago, xDiaboliquex said:

What Centarina said.

Also, every one of the CQE's I've gotten has come in a non-German ship, so I feel the need to disagree strongly with you, there. Hitting a DD with main guns isn't nearly as hard as many make it out to be, DD drivers are actually quite good at it themselves. DD's are meant to be low HP ships, they're sneaky little beasts, they don't need more HP, they tend to stay alive the longest, at least in matches I've had.

If your interested the survival rating for ships they can be found here: https://na.warships.today/

There's an option to choose each tier and find out the best/worst survivability.

Members
183 posts
6,603 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

If your interested the survival rating for ships they can be found here: https://na.warships.today/

There's an option to choose each tier and find out the best/worst survivability.

survival ratings are irrelevant. Its all about giving players some control over their ship. Either the secondaries need a buff in accuracy or players need direct control

• Cool 1

[CLOVR]
Members
187 posts
667 battles
1 minute ago, Auriana said:

your wrong and full of crap..

BBs need a direct control of the secondaries. It makes the prospect of capping easier and gives players more confidence to deal with DDs

Thanks for the insult, as if my statement needed any affirmation. You, friend, are wrong, as your forum history has clearly shown.

Just because YOU can't deal with something, or don't like it, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the subject in question. It just means you don't like it and/or can't deal with it.

• Cool 3

[AP]
Members
1,244 posts
14,276 battles

anyone to disagree with you is full of crap

why did you open a thread then?

you know this is a forum, and not everyone will have the same view as you?

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,016 posts
3,895 battles

Remind me again why battleships need further utility to help them defeat their counter?

• Cool 4

Members
183 posts
6,603 battles
8 minutes ago, xDiaboliquex said:

Thanks for the insult, as if my statement needed any affirmation. You, friend, are wrong, as your forum history has clearly shown.

Just because YOU can't deal with something, or don't like it, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the subject in question. It just means you don't like it and/or can't deal with it.

FINE then U MUST POST 100 VIDEOS on this forum as EVIDENCE that you can kill DDs on your 1st shot every single time..no evidence than then your a liar

• Cool 1

[AP]
Members
1,244 posts
14,276 battles
Just now, AraAragami said:

Remind me again why battleships need further utility to help them defeat their counter?

that joke is so outdated

DD counter BB? counter my @$$, i see way more montana DS gearing than then other way around

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,016 posts
3,895 battles
4 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

that joke is so outdated

DD counter BB? counter my @$$, i see way more montana DS gearing than then other way around

Thank you for proving my point.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
4,463 posts
48 minutes ago, Auriana said:

BBs need a direct control of the secondaries. It makes the prospect of capping easier and gives players more confidence to deal with DDs

As a BB main, I love hunting DDs in my BB.  Give me secondary control, and it makes the game unbalanced.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,921 posts
9,565 battles

I had a good time earlier hitting DDs in my Tirpitz and MO and Iowa.

Don't need a carry to fight them.

1 hour ago, Auriana said:

Hi WG

To fix BB's first you have to buff DD hit pools a bit. Say around about 10%

Now to have BBs cope with DDs better then BB secondaries need to be manually managed by the player and not be some kind of perk. I really feel most players can more then manage to toggle between Secondary and Mains.

So on UI we have on the USS.NC 1-2-3 for the 3 main battery. Why not add P for Port Secondary battery and S for starboard secondary battery.

Of course ideally the player would be moved to a secondary battery director but maybe do it in a series of patches.

Giving players direct control over the secondary batteries would mostly solve this issue for BBs being at least able to cope with DDs.

The only other option is improve the firing accuracy on the secondaries SIGNIFICANTLY because really the secondary guns are pretty much useless otherwise except if your on a German ship

Game's hard enough managing throttle, MB rotation, HP, consumables, rudder, planning ahead, and so on.

Bring player-controlled secondary and it'll be overwhelming.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,925 posts
14,155 battles

checking his main battery hit rate,  I think OP need to learn how to aim and shoot unless there is physical disability.     if it is disability, I would respectfully suggest coop as an alternative or   KM BB .          

• Boring 1

Members
3,191 posts
4,322 battles
28 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

As a BB main, I love hunting DDs in my BB.  Give me secondary control, and it makes the game unbalanced.

Was thinking the same thing. Or could you imagine just spraying fast firing secondaries into smoke. You'll hit something eventually and then that dd has to "knife fight" a BB with 6-7 time it's hp  and way more guns.

Edited by StoneRhino
Flipping autocorrect

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,687 posts
17,175 battles

I really feel most players can more then manage to toggle between Secondary and Mains.

If you have ever played a DD then you know the average BB player can't even figure out how to turn his tuna boat, which is why DD's  have suffered so many nerfs. BB players would rather complain than learn.

Why not add P for Port Secondary battery and S for starboard secondary battery.

Um ... because "P" turns your AA on and off and "S" turns that overpriced, undercaptained tuna boat you drive to starboard

Only by insuring that most of them ended up in Davy Jones Locker, LOL!

No, it's just most non_German BB players don't invest in secondary builds; if they did their secondaries would be better out to their maxxed out ranges.

1 hour ago, xDiaboliquex said:

DD's are meant to be low HP ships, they're sneaky little beasts, they don't need more HP, they tend to stay alive the longest, at least in matches I've had.

Usually (and certainly not always!) at the end of a match what I see left are 1) Carriers that haven't been previously found. 2) DD's, often on very low health, that have managed to avoid everything else and 3) Full health BB's which have been camping in the back, hiding behind their now dead team mates, crying.

BB's aren't supposed to deal with DD's; BB's are supposed to deal with carriers, other BB's, and the occasional cruiser that plays dumb. DD's are supposed to kill BB's, which is why things are the way things are.

54 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

My guess; because OP doesn't handle DD's worth a damn.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

FINE then U MUST POST 100 VIDEOS on this forum as EVIDENCE that you can kill DDs on your 1st shot every single time..no evidence than then your a liar

*you're.

It's very possible to hit a destroyer with BB main guns, particularly if they're within torpedo range.  Happens to me all the time in my destroyers and in what limited time I have in battleships I haven't had much trouble doing it either.  Killing them with one shot is unrealistic unless they're already low on health.

A better way to counter DDs in your battleship is to support your own destroyers, stay closer to your cruisers, and stop putting yourself into positions where a destroyer can easily sink you.  I absolutely suck in battleships, but I can count the number of times I've been dev striked by a destroyer on one hand (with fingers left over).

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles

Dial it back a few dozen notches there, buckaroo!  :cap_haloween:

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,114 posts
22,533 battles
23 minutes ago, Umikami said:

If you have ever played a DD then you know the average BB player can't even figure out how to turn his tuna boat, which is why DD's  have suffered so many nerfs. BB players would rather complain than learn.

Um ... because "P" turns your AA on and off and "S" turns that overpriced, undercaptained tuna boat you drive to starboard

You misunderstood what he meant by P and S.  He didn't mean keystrokes.  he meant to put the port and starboard side sec's on the same line on the UI as the main gun turrets, and simply label them P and S.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,687 posts
17,175 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

You misunderstood what he meant by P and S.  He didn't mean keystrokes.  he meant to put the port and starboard side sec's on the same line on the UI as the main gun turrets, and simply label them P and S.

I actually had to go back and re-read OP's original post to check that, @Crucis, and I'm not sure I did misunderstand. But, hey, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, even though it looks like that is exactly what he meant. My opinion.

Members
3,191 posts
4,322 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I actually had to go back and re-read OP's original post to check that, @Crucis, and I'm not sure I did misunderstand. But, hey, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, even though it looks like that is exactly what he meant. My opinion.

Pretty sure he is just wrong or actually thinks in a NC you can control each turret thus "1,2,3" then he suggested add an additional one for port and starboard.

He might be suggesting add in an allowance for each turret to be selected independently because a NC doesn't  have torpedoes and p/s. But as is it's 1 HE, 2 AP, 3 torpedoes (if available) adding 4 "p" port secondaries and 5 "s" starboard secondaries. With the letter only being under the selection visible on ui.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,687 posts
17,175 battles
16 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

Pretty sure he is just wrong

I've seen fire extinguishers that foamed at the mouth less than this guy does.

Sign in to follow this