Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joe_Barbarian

I hear a lot of "Nerf US Carriers" I say don't hate.

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
65 posts
753 battles

Out of curiosity, do you have the US Enterprise? If so, how well does it do and is it a good credit earner? I am guessing you aren't running premium time or had any bonuses running on the Midway but I could be wrong. From seeing other tier IX screen shots pulling in 800-1.5M credits, the 500K above seems really low for the amount of damage you did in that match. I am a newer player (probably less than a month) but I am really enjoying the CCV's and so far I am about to get the Tier VI Independence I believe. Thought about adding a premium CCV but can't decide which one would be best at making some coin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
384
[WOLF5]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,208 posts
9,799 battles

Love the ability of the enemy CV not being able to lock down the CV.    I got the Saipan, but CV gameplay was boring and the fact I'm too lazy to play the lock and strafe and hope RNG is in your favor.  But I loved its DBs lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[IFAM]
Members
151 posts
922 battles
14 minutes ago, psmobius1 said:

Out of curiosity, do you have the US Enterprise? If so, how well does it do and is it a good credit earner? I am guessing you aren't running premium time or had any bonuses running on the Midway but I could be wrong. From seeing other tier IX screen shots pulling in 800-1.5M credits, the 500K above seems really low for the amount of damage you did in that match. I am a newer player (probably less than a month) but I am really enjoying the CCV's and so far I am about to get the Tier VI Independence I believe. Thought about adding a premium CCV but can't decide which one would be best at making some coin.

I don't have the Enterprise but I really want it. being pitted up against them with the Lexington I felt out matched depending on the player skill. Other than the Midway the Enterprise is the only other 2-2-2 Load out carrier within the US tech tree it does have a unique torpedo drop so you'll need some practice with that in co-op before you take it to randoms/ranked. 

As for credits, I actually forgot to run my credit flag on that and felt peeved I didn't (forgot to hit auto enable), I was running premium. Tier 9 ships your seeing pull that many credits is most likely the Missouri it has a x2 Credit bonus to it where as all other premiums have only a x1.5.

Just some friendly advice about Carriers as well, don't let other people report you because you had a bad match discourage you from playing. Some people take stuff way too seriously. Just do your best.

Sidenote: Once you get into Tier 8 and above, AP bombs are VERY powerful against German battleships, I tend to scream like a little girl when I'm matched with a tirpitz / bizmarck as they are my primary targets for AP bombs, you tend to 1 shot them with a good bombing run.

Edit: Just saw the Perma Camo I can get with 5,000 Dubloons. +20% Credits and -50% service cost... I'm getting that as soon as I can, that might also be the reason why the amount earned seems low.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
65 posts
753 battles

Thanks for the tips, and yes the tier IX credit maker seems to be the Missouri which looks like is acquired with free XP so maybe I'll keep adding to my stash and by the time I have some Tier VIII's and IX's I'll have enough free XP to add it to my collection. Still very new to the game and have bad games in many different ships and then will turn right around and have a good battle so if I ticked somebody off then oh well, it is going to happen. I am sure people with thousands of battles play tier X ships and do something silly that gets them killed, at least I know they do all the time in world of tanks on PS4 so I am sure it is the same here. I just take my lumps and try to learn from my mistakes as I go and slowly climb the ladders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
183 posts
6,603 battles

Nerf US carriers.....................???????????

How? What will you nerf?

there is ABSOLUTLEY nothing left to nerf!

The Saipan doesn't need a nerf..it needs to be removed from the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[IFAM]
Members
151 posts
922 battles
10 minutes ago, psmobius1 said:

Thanks for the tips, and yes the tier IX credit maker seems to be the Missouri which looks like is acquired with free XP so maybe I'll keep adding to my stash and by the time I have some Tier VIII's and IX's I'll have enough free XP to add it to my collection. Still very new to the game and have bad games in many different ships and then will turn right around and have a good battle so if I ticked somebody off then oh well, it is going to happen. I am sure people with thousands of battles play tier X ships and do something silly that gets them killed, at least I know they do all the time in world of tanks on PS4 so I am sure it is the same here. I just take my lumps and try to learn from my mistakes as I go and slowly climb the ladders.

Your welcome dude, I believe the Missouri is getting taken out soon™ cant remember when. Yeah as I said some people take this game too seriously and expect you to be perfect when entering Random Battle because they paid real cash for camo/flags etc. Just be prepared that if the match is a loss you will be blamed. It's like playing world of warcraft and you're the healer and some silly DPS died because you got tired of trying to out heal his ego trying to top the charts.

I'll say now i'm not the best, I swing from terribly bad to terribly good depending on the match. Oh and learn the AA cruisers you don't want to fly near like Minotaurs / Neptune / Edinburgh / ZAO (sometimes) / Des Monies and Battleships that have weak AA (Most german and japan) and strong AA (Literally all American and some british)

9 minutes ago, Auriana said:

Nerf US carriers.....................???????????

How? What will you nerf?

there is ABSOLUTLEY nothing left to nerf!

The Saipan doesn't need a nerf..it needs to be removed from the game.

Saipan VS Ranger I loved those match ups. Fighters down by 2 tiers with Dog fighting expert?! Maximum of 7v4 depending on captains... I'll take that fight. AS Saipans 3-0-1 though, I've only matched up once on that build and it favoured me because he/she was a rookie and I trashed them. I think in that sense the Ranger needs something to help it out a bit because that can be really nasty maybe a 2-1-1 option to trade from the 1-1-2 load out.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,711
[RKN]
Members
5,165 posts
10,380 battles

I hear a lot of topics from the same guy within a short period of time...

 

EDIT: 

Woops, my bad.  Sorry, saw all the blank avatars and a lot of rants above yours.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,711
[RKN]
Members
5,165 posts
10,380 battles
1 minute ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Never not post.

Woops, my bad.  Sorry, saw all the blank avatars and a lot of rants above yours.

 

 

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,547
[WOLF3]
Members
21,685 posts
19,928 battles
1 hour ago, psmobius1 said:

Out of curiosity, do you have the US Enterprise? If so, how well does it do and is it a good credit earner? I am guessing you aren't running premium time or had any bonuses running on the Midway but I could be wrong. From seeing other tier IX screen shots pulling in 800-1.5M credits, the 500K above seems really low for the amount of damage you did in that match. I am a newer player (probably less than a month) but I am really enjoying the CCV's and so far I am about to get the Tier VI Independence I believe. Thought about adding a premium CCV but can't decide which one would be best at making some coin.

Warships Today is down right now, but last I looked, Enterprise was EASILY the best ship for the demands of Ranked.  It even surpassed Shokaku, which has always been held up as the gold standard of Tier VIII CVs for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,190 posts
4,322 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Warships Today is down right now, but last I looked, Enterprise was EASILY the best ship for the demands of Ranked.  It even surpassed Shokaku, which has always been held up as the gold standard of Tier VIII CVs for years.

Every shokaku I have seen in ranked has been a 2-2-2. With the enterprise being the better AS and late game strike CV. Also enterprise's drop pattern into smoke is superior to shokaku's.  Shokaku can be the better scout at the cost of strike power (using AS loadout or using DBs from the 2-2-2) whereas the enterprise can muscle her fighters over caps to early spot DDs. Early DD deaths is had to come back from.

I would be interested in seeing a top tier shokaku player face off against a top tier enterprise player in ranked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,547
[WOLF3]
Members
21,685 posts
19,928 battles
8 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

Every shokaku I have seen in ranked has been a 2-2-2. With the enterprise being the better AS and late game strike CV. Also enterprise's drop pattern into smoke is superior to shokaku's.  Shokaku can be the better scout at the cost of strike power (using AS loadout or using DBs from the 2-2-2) whereas the enterprise can muscle her fighters over caps to early spot DDs. Early DD deaths is had to come back from.

I would be interested in seeing a top tier shokaku player face off against a top tier enterprise player in ranked. 

This Ranked Season put to the test WG's unorthodox Enterprise as well as Lexington and the USN CV Revamp.  Big-E is doing great.  Sexi Lexi OTOH...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,190 posts
4,322 battles

I have debated taking both out but there is just never enough cv in que

Edit addition 

To be honest with some of the cv play I have seen this seasn I could probably take out my stock shokaku and do well enough 

Edited by StoneRhino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,838 battles

What idiotic moron would want to nerf the mainline USN carriers? Anyone who is bad enough they constantly LOSE to USN carriers really should consider taking up an easier game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[IFAM]
Members
151 posts
922 battles
21 minutes ago, Raptor_alcor said:

What idiotic moron would want to nerf the mainline USN carriers? Anyone who is bad enough they constantly LOSE to USN carriers really should consider taking up an easier game. 

"AP Bombs" There are many tears over them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
65 posts
753 battles

Does anybody know if and when the Missouri will be taken down if at all? I thought it was there in the tech tree forever but if not then I need to get to grinding the free XP to get it before it is gone. Not that I need it yet but I want it later on for the credit earnings it is capable of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×