You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Stupid Midwest weather!

11 comments in this topic

Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles

Earlier I posted bout a winter storm where I am and facing imminent death from starvation.  HELL all it has done the past few hours is rain and ice is gone.  May, may, get 3 inches of snow by later tonight but earlier today they had the living sh#t scared out of everyone around where I live. Has not panned out.  This is so typical of Midwest! Hard to predict. 3 inches of snow.  O wow....so scary. They will at times predict like 5 and we get 1.  Predict 1 and we get 5 inches of snow. I am p#ssed cause I was all ready to pit myself against the horror of an angry Mother Nature. I am going to be ok and thanks all for your advice on that thread I put up earlier today.  Some regions may get pretty bad but they have downgraded big scare where I live. Carry on all.:Smile_honoring:

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,124 battles

Hey Dm, snow humor from a balmy 40 degrees here just south of Houston. Going to get in my hot tub later!

th?id=OIP.OGLNIeO3nQH6wpieU_zXmQHaFj&pidth?id=OIP.Ruyi_hz1SEkdQLEsLP7kegHaFs&pid

[WOLF4]
Members
204 posts
6,479 battles

Common sense with any kind of weather and basic preparations/arrangements will get you far. :) I live central IL and I'm more worried with other drivers than the weather anyday.

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,752 posts
4,838 battles

did someone forgot to buy rock salt?

[NDA]
Supertester
5,257 posts
15,800 battles

As a life long resident of Missouri I can report that the weather people like to hype bad weather. Ice storm Armageddon prepare or die......yeah its not that bad out here but the grocery store sure appreciates the sales they just raked int. 

But than they report we are expecting some minor snow fall...several hours later...Ice than 17 inches of snow, the world is closed, state of emergency 12 foot snow drift closes highway. 

Moral of the story, weather predictions get less accurate the farther out they are made and in the midwest it can change faster than squirrel twitches its tail. 

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,207 posts
9,799 battles

Can't complain until you live in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,312 posts
3 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Can't complain until you live in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

I always think of people from Minnesota saying how cold it is there way up north. Then I think about the people in Canada calling Minnesota "down south."

[5IN]
Supertester
2,036 posts
9,616 battles

Yeah, it sucks.  Lots of ice Monday, warm (relatively - at least it was above 0F).. and last night freezing rain and lots of ice/cold.  Ugh.  

I'm south of Lake Michigan, and we get lots of lake effect snow.. not looking forward to the next few days.

Stay warm out their my friends.

B

Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I always think of people from Minnesota saying how cold it is there way up north. Then I think about the people in Canada calling Minnesota "down south."

I live N of Cincinnati W Ohio.  ALL day they pounded "white death".  Had fraidy cats glued to their weather channels.  Even had me a bit worried. Hyping bad weather around here is great for their ratings.  They make an all day event out of it. I JUST looked outside.  We got maybe 3 inches. Wind is blowing. Roads are not great but passable if you know what you are doing.  My daughter lives in Chicago.  I called her an hour ago. She just laughed. Up there FOOT is just a mild dusting and they don't even close schools. Upper U.S. states like Minn, Dakotas, New England, etc. if they watched the weather channels out of Cincy and Dayton would just fall off their couch laughing. Buffalo?   ha ha ha.   It's called WINTER.

Edited by dmckay