You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

One Elegant Winter (a WOWS story, part 3)

14 comments in this topic

Members
6,017 posts
8,574 battles

@pikohan's daffy yellow tabby brother, @RiverTheIdiot,  then popped out of the hatch too. "What are we doing with all these @Kittens_On_Board ?", said @Lord_Zath . Pikohan was snarling, as best a tiny kitten can, it was almost as if she was saying " @lemekillmister ." She was quite @Lert  for such a tiny little thing. RiverTheIdiot, of course, was being a @nuttybiscuit, as usual, oblivious to the danger. 

The @HazardDrake was standing there @awiggin.  It had been on the @warpath_33 but now was confused at seeing the bravery of such a tiny kitten. "I had better be careful," he thought "Who knows, she just she might be a @Lifetaker15 in disguise?"

Suddenly, a sound like a @Devildog23's roar shook the forest, it was an @X15 from the airbase. The @Murrayhawks flew from the trees and the forest @Crokodone scampered for cover.

The HazardDrake looked all around, thinking in its ancient mind "@senseNOTmade." @brdhntrwas thinking more @Vulgarr thoughts at the X15 for startling his quarry. A startled HazardDrake was even more dangerous. Then the HazardDrake summoned all of its @Winterpwner and roared a mighty roar. It was enough to give even the mightiest hero the @KingShyts .

The battle was about to ensue but then the ground rumbled and the trees shook. What new monstrosity was approaching? Then, into the clearing, strode the Snargfargle. He was eight feet tall and green as the woods from which he arose. For a helmet he wore a Rok skull. As a weapon he carried a werewolf's jaw. He raised the Staff of Ages and cried out in a mighty voice "Enough!"

Our heroes sat there stunned. The mighty HazardDrake bowed its head in submission. "Hunt my woods, if you must," said the Snargfargle, "But heed my warning; hunt only for food, not for pleasure and do not destroy that which you don't understand." "The HazardDrake is the last of its kind, once there were many but for thousands of years he has been alone. He is dangerous, yes. Fear him if you must but know this: he is under my protection, as are all endangered creatures."

The trio of hunters stowed their weapons and quietly prepared to leave. Even though they might have prevailed against a HazardDrake, they knew that they were no match for the eldritch power of the Snargfargle. He was old, so old that tales of him had been told throughout human history, and even in prehistoric times, as evidenced by ancient petroglyphs.  The Snargfargle was more myth than legend and more god than man. In fact, some said that he was a god, the last of the Old Gods that the gods of man themselves had once worshiped. 

Only Pikohan and her brother were unafraid. They scampered up to the Snargfargle, who gave them a bit of pemmican from his pouch and scratched them behind the ears. Of course, the hounds too then wanted a treat and some attention. The HazardDrake slunk away and disappeared into the woods. Our trio of heroes stood there in bemusement. They would have quite a story to tell around the hearthfire this evening, and for many evenings to come. 

374e2ba7ab16b7fb358d61766ca51762.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1

WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,593 posts
15,033 battles

This stuff is pure gold

Members
2,741 posts
6,128 battles
1 hour ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Ayyy i got mentioned

Because your a hero. Hero's get included in the tales from Snarg.

Members
2,741 posts
6,128 battles

To Captain Snarg, from the Captain, Officers and crew of the BB DogPound. We were enthralled by stories. You're epic tales shall be past down from each generation of Dogs that sail the DogPound. As each litter is brought aboard for training they will be taught the wisdom of the Great Snarg. Commander Skip and Chief Butkuss will enter your name tonight in the DogPound's scroll of Heroes. SIR.

th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwD0D_&pidth?id=OIP.pJpkZ-Q1FnK-QT6a12TyEQHaEK&pidth?id=OIP.J58MwZo_shGzrej0qlYgCAEyDM&pid

Members
1,781 posts
8,052 battles

There are not enough upvotes possible to cover this.  Well done sir, well done! :Smile_honoring::cap_like:

B

Members
6,017 posts
8,574 battles
2 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

There are not enough upvotes possible to cover this.  Well done sir, well done! :Smile_honoring::cap_like:

B

Thank you!

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,700 battles
5 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Because your a hero. Hero's get included in the tales from Snarg.

xD

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

I originally came up with the username X15 when I was 14. I thought that having the wrong age in my name would throw hackers off. The X was simply because usernames needed 3 characters.

Later in life I discovered what the X-15 was. There are no mistakes, only happy accidents.

+1

Members
6,017 posts
8,574 battles
4 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

Bravo, I say! You have a real talent for writing @Snargfargle. You have filled my last few evenings with endless amusement! Thank you! :D

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.