Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ghostdog1355

Tips on the Anshan

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,468 posts
5,426 battles

Need some advice here from the DD captains. First off I'd like to say that I mainly play BBs but have played a little DD when I started. I wasn't very good at them. I also have a great amount of respect for you guys. Well I've wanted to go back and learn the ways of the destroyer but have been slogging through ranked in the Alabama. Well in my last Santa Crate last night I received an Anshan. That kind of sealed wanting to learn how to play them. I'm going to go back and brush up in coop for a while. I've already watched four videos on the Anshan but I'd like to ask you guys advice on how spec her out module wise and captain skills. I got a 16 point captain in her right now. Appreciate any input ok. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BTLSB] nina_blain_73 235
633 posts
6,220 battles

I'm a BB main as well eventhough my two best records are on DDs go figure  I havn't played the anshan much since i got her, i stick to my Kami and my Okhotnick mostly. Check out little white mouses review of course that's where I always start with a new Premium. I also tend to look at ship comrade to see what others are running for the captains.

IJN so it's not a gunboat so your gonna rely on torps. Concealment is your friend, speed flags, consumable reload flags, and flooding flags are a must if you have them.

I don't try to cap instead I lurk outside and when the red dd goes to cap I let him know he is spotted and torp his smoke.

Practice torping with out having your target locked very good way to get better at torping Ii find and it is the only way to torp safely in coop

good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-DPF-] Nhi_Vanye 173
742 posts
6,801 battles

Anshan is a rebranded Gnevny class DD with better torps.  For good advice on fitting her out, see @LittleWhiteMouse review.  She is a strong russian gunboat  with better torps and a Pan Asian captain, so she is pretty versatile and quite strong at her tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
awiggin 2,108
8,187 posts
19 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

I'm a BB main as well eventhough my two best records are on DDs go figure  I havn't played the anshan much since i got her, i stick to my Kami and my Okhotnick mostly. Check out little white mouses review of course that's where I always start with a new Premium. I also tend to look at ship comrade to see what others are running for the captains.

IJN so it's not a gunboat so your gonna rely on torps. Concealment is your friend, speed flags, consumable reload flags, and flooding flags are a must if you have them.

I don't try to cap instead I lurk outside and when the red dd goes to cap I let him know he is spotted and torp his smoke.

Practice torping with out having your target locked very good way to get better at torping Ii find and it is the only way to torp safely in coop

good luck

 

Not a gunboat? :Smile_amazed:

It can do both roles well, but if you aren't using the guns on an Anshan (Which is a converted RU boat) something is wrong....:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BTLSB] nina_blain_73 235
633 posts
6,220 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

 

Not a gunboat? :Smile_amazed:

It can do both roles well, but if you aren't using the guns on an Anshan (Which is a converted RU boat) something is wrong....:Smile_teethhappy:

could very well be I am confused...I'm at work...yeah that's my excuse... i'm at work, just ignore my blunder  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,016 posts
11,067 battles

This is the Anshan Captain Build that help me get Rank 1 during Season 7 of Rank. 

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000100011010010000000000119

Those three skills on the second row are key, Survivability Expert is helpful if you like to gun fight. You could drop BFT for Vigilance or Demo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,468 posts
5,426 battles
19 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

This is the Anshan Captain Build that help me get Rank 1 during Season 7 of Rank. 

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000100011010010000000000119

Those three skills on the second row are key, Survivability Expert is helpful if you like to gun fight. You could drop BFT for Vigilance or Demo.

 

Whay do you think on the upgrades?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,016 posts
11,067 battles
2 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Whay do you think on the upgrades?

Main Armaments Mod 1, Propulsion Mod 1 But Engine Boost Mod here is a better option if you have it, Aiming Systems Mod 1 and finally Steering Gears Mod 2. 

Hope that helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145 posts
8,599 battles

Congrats on the Anshan!  Got mine last year in a Santa Box and love her to pieces!  For me, she's a Rus/IJN DD lovechild;  the guns of the Sovs and the torp-ability of the Japanese i.e. she can invisa-torp!

My Cpt Skills:

- PM

- EM - LS

- SI - Demo

- AFT

 

- AdRush will most likely be next.

 

As for Mods:

- Aiming 1

- Engine 1

- Engine 2?  The one that halves your time to full speed as opposed to the Steering/Rudder Shift one.  This helps to maintain top/higher speed while running and gunning Cruisers and US/Sov DD's.

 

Hope that helps!  And good luck, Ghostdog!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×