Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

Flamu on twitter: Musashi will be 750k free XP like the Missouri

167 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

This is more reasonable considering it is a replacement.  Where are people getting their information that she will be a bad ship or "not as op" as the MO?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_RC1138    647
1 minute ago, _ECSO_Sgt_088 said:

This is more reasonable considering it is a replacement.  Where are people getting their information that she will be a bad ship or "not as op" as the MO?

 

Mostly borne of her so-so accuracy on her Main Battery, the fact that the primary difference between her and Yamato is that Musashi kept it's full 6" Battery, despite this, the Secondary guns on the Musashi are actually worse than those found on Yamato.

Conversely, people are forgetting you should *not* be comparing Musashi to Yamato, since it's you know, a Tier 9 but rather comparing Musashi to Izumo in which case, Musashi is in many ways a straight upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, _RC1138 said:

Mostly borne of her so-so accuracy on her Main Battery, the fact that the primary difference between her and Yamato is that Musashi kept it's full 6" Battery, despite this, the Secondary guns on the Musashi are actually worse than those found on Yamato.

Conversely, people are forgetting you should *not* be comparing Musashi to Yamato, since it's you know, a Tier 9 but rather comparing Musashi to Izumo in which case, Musashi is in many ways a straight upgrade.

And in this or any other case, it's WG version of what they wish to do with a ship.  I think the community has spoken concerning their disappointment of the Missouri being removed and the pressure to replace her with a ship that can deliver as what she replaced.  I only have enough free XP for one of these ships so I'll wait another 6 weeks or so for her to be released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crokodone    38
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:
 
 
 
Battleship Musashi confirmed at 750k Free XP, source is directly from WG
 
 

At least WG isn't squeezing the player base. Let us hope Musashi dosnt have no funky green ijn camp. Its a boat, not a tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_RC1138    647
3 minutes ago, _ECSO_Sgt_088 said:

And in this or any other case, it's WG version of what they wish to do with a ship.  I think the community has spoken concerning their disappointment of the Missouri being removed and the pressure to replace her with a ship that can deliver as what she replaced.  I only have enough free XP for one of these ships so I'll wait another 6 weeks or so for her to be released.

Well, I look at it like this (applies less to me as I already have Missouri, Nelson, and would likely be close to having enough for Musashi on release day):

If you are in a position to choose look at it in this way: the Missouri is, for all intents and purposes, basically just an Iowa (as in the Tree Iowa) that has a slight buff to Anti-Smoke/Anti-DD performance. From a pure gameplay sense, that's all. Meta-way, it has a huge credit earning boost and it's a Captain Trainer. So if you like the Iowa, the Missouri makes sense to get, and thus sell the Iowa, as it allows you to maintain an Iowa w/o having to maintain a dedicated Iowa Captain. You can share an Iowa Captain with almost any BB in the USN line and the skills in almost all cases, assuming the same person's playstyle, will translate from one to another.

Conversely the Musashi is NOT exactly like it's Tree Counterpart, Yamato, nor really it's T9 Counterpart, Izumo, and may require skills that do not translate directly well 1:1. A Yamato captain may or may not be as useful on a Musash as say, a Montana's Captain on the Missouri. Additionally, while the Missouri can 100% replace your Iowa, and thus no need to maintain two ships, the Musashi and Yamato are further apart and thus a person will likely be tempted to maintain both and thus costs more space.

So with that in mind, in my opinion, the Missouri is a better bet, just as it will fit into and incorporate with your fleet far more easily than the Musashi.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vulgarr    64
7 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

At least WG isn't squeezing the player base. Let us hope Musashi dosnt have no funky green ijn camp. Its a boat, not a tank.



Premium camo available

musashi.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Lert said:

Huh.

Still would've gotten it at 920k, but this is still nice news.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't they say it wouldn't be a credit printer like the Missouri? That could be why they dropped the price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crokodone    38
Just now, Vulgarr said:



Premium camo available

musashi.png

At last! Ty a freaking ijn ship that isn't painted like its supposed to drive up a mountain: thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lionel92    258

Well 1.051.376 free exp in stock; if she is 750k then I hold 300k free exp in port ^^ Nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vulgarr    64
1 minute ago, 13th_Earl_White_Haven said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't they say it wouldn't be a credit printer like the Missouri? That could be why they dropped the price. 

They didn't drop the price. the 920k amount was an unconfirmed rumor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crokodone    38
1 minute ago, 13th_Earl_White_Haven said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't they say it wouldn't be a credit printer like the Missouri? That could be why they dropped the price. 

If its not a credit printer than what be the point? T9 ships be expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lert    16,410
1 minute ago, 13th_Earl_White_Haven said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't they say it wouldn't be a credit printer like the Missouri?

1) I'm under NDA and not allowed to comment on the ship.

2) Its stats are still not finalized, including its credit income.

3) It's still a tier 9 premium ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_RC1138    647
Just now, Crokodone said:

If its not a credit printer than what be the point? T9 ships be expensive.

It will still have the Discount to Repair inherent to the Premium Camos. It won't be AS expensive as a tree, no-camo T9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lert    16,410
Just now, Crokodone said:

If its not a credit printer than what be the point? T9 ships be expensive.

You seem to be laboring under the impression that "Doesn't make as many credits as Missouri" automagically means it loses credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akeno017    163
4 minutes ago, Vulgarr said:



Premium camo available

musashi.png

Any idea how the HSF camos will be earned? Or if Musashi is getting a Kobayashi Camo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_RC1138    647
Just now, Akeno017 said:

Any idea how the HSF camos will be earned? Or if Musashi is getting a Kobayashi Camo?

A degree of Logic would suggest the HSF Camos will be associated with the forthcoming HSF Campaign. It all kinda ties together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vulgarr    64
Just now, Akeno017 said:

Any idea how the HSF camos will be earned? Or if Musashi is getting a Kobayashi Camo?


As Lert stated. I am also under an NDA. I can show you the ship. But I can't disclose specifics at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radar_X    235
56 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

just remember, everything in supertesting are not final and is subject to change till final release. 

This is an incredibly accurate statement.  We take all feedback into consideration along with other data we track from testing.  I know folks like to discuss rumors, but it's really not confirmed until we release the final information.  

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaxL_1023    27

They will probably need to look at the Izumo after Musashi comes out - a premium shouldn't have that large of an advantage over a tech tree ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skpstr    1,545
30 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

That's nice.  I've got 713K free XP today but inclinations are about whether or not to get Musashi remain unmoved.  It's really just a matter of the baked in awkward nature or situation of how that particular ship and it's T10 sister fits in the game.  

That, and if they've done 3 free XP ships, they'll probably do more.

I'd be ticked off if I blew all my free XP on something "meh", and then the next one they did was a must-have.

Imagine if you'd spent it all getting Musashi, then they released Missouri...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Erebthoron    668
1 minute ago, Akeno017 said:

Any idea how the HSF camos will be earned? Or if Musashi is getting a Kobayashi Camo?

HSF camo can be earned with the upcoming Haifuri collection. You also get the one with blue triangles for the Yamato. Should be part of the 7.0 patch. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vulgarr    64
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

That, and if they've done 3 free XP ships, they'll probably do more.

I'd be ticked off if I blew all my free XP on something "meh", and then the next one they did was a must-have.

Imagine if you'd spent it all getting Musashi, then they released Missouri...

First I want to point out that what I am about to say is not a shot at you, it just reminded me of something amusing.

I find it odd that people are saying the Musashi doesn't stack up to the Missouri as if the Missouri is the end all be all. When if memory serves, 1 year ago when the Missouri was released, the general community opinion semed to be that it wasn't worth 750k fxp because it was "An Iowa clone".

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_RC1138    647
2 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

They will probably need to look at the Izumo after Musashi comes out - a premium shouldn't have that large of an advantage over a tech tree ship. 

It's unavoidable in this particular case given how dismal the Izumo is. On more than one occasion, in more than 1 Q/A, Sub_Oct has said some variation of the statement, "We regret having put the Izumo in the game," as it's striking shift in gameplay from 8-> is abnormal now among the various lines; few feature as dramatic shift  from one tier to another other than perhaps the USN BB's T7->T8 (and even then, the slower, more heavy gunned, multi-gunned, fast turning feature remains constant throughout). So the reality is, in this rare case, even as critical of Wargaming as I tend to be, I would be okay with the Musashi eclipsing the Izumo. It still needs to be NOTICEABLY worse than the Yamato, but the Izumo is an unfortunate yard stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×