You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

Flamu on twitter: Musashi will be 750k free XP like the Missouri

167 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

Cool, but we still haven’t got the two extra days promised from Reddit for the campaigns though. I’ll believe it when she is in the Tech Tree.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,483 posts
15,244 battles

Huh.

Still would've gotten it at 920k, but this is still nice news.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,541 posts
11,454 battles

I'm skeptical. Moe turned out to be far too cheap at 750k. 

Mu would have to be a lot worse than Moe to only go for 750k. 

[5BS]
Members
7,884 posts
10 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Serves me right for spending those doubloons to convert fxp. :Smile_teethhappy:

Stuff like this concerns me... not you, Wargaming...

Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,769 posts
4,839 battles

just remember, everything in supertesting are not final and is subject to change till final release. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,202 posts
11,652 battles
2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Stuff like this concerns me... not you, Wargaming...

To be fair, now I can burn a little fxp on other things.  I have a rather...large surplus of doubloons.

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles
6 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

just remember, everything in supertesting are not final and is subject to change till final release. 

This right here. Anything about the ship can change, remember he said 920k was fact a couple weeks ago.

• Cool 2

[PHUA]
Beta Testers
225 posts
3,895 battles

If this is true, I'm not too surprised.  There's been enough debate about the value of Musashi for the suspected price that even WG might have realized they'd be losing more sales than they'd like.

[AR15]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,773 battles
12 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

I'm skeptical. Moe turned out to be far too cheap at 750k. 

Mu would have to be a lot worse than Moe to only go for 750k. 

Did it though? 

I think 750k is a pretty decent price for what you get/got. 

Now if it was T10, I could see the higher price tag being necessary. 

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

Whoa, that was unexpected.

Cool, I just gained some free exp I guess?

Members
1,589 posts
9,247 battles
25 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Cool, but we still haven’t got the two extra days promised from Reddit for the campaigns though. I’ll believe it when she is in the Tech Tree.

i got the camos they promised the other day randomly.  it wasn't when i first got on that day.  It wasn't after a patch or the morning reset.  It was in the middle of the night.   idk what is going on with that.

and 750k seems more reasonable if its true.   The ship was not worth 920k.   i would rather just play the yammy for that price.  now?   i might get it for captain and money making purposes. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,541 posts
11,454 battles
3 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Did it though? 

I think 750k is a pretty decent price for what you get/got. 

Now if it was T10, I could see the higher price tag being necessary. 

Yes. You don't need premium time at all if you have a Moe and can dress yourself without injury. 

At the time I thought 750k was fine. Now I think it is too cheap given how much silver it earns. 

[5BS]
Members
7,884 posts
15 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

To be fair, now I can burn a little fxp on other things.  I have a rather...large surplus of doubloons.

It's just my... marketing sense is tingling.

You know, offer a 35:1 Free XP Conversion for a few weeks, let it slip that the next big, hotly anticipated, unique and potentially overpowered (potentially =/= reality) Premium T9 Free XP BB is at a larger 925k price, then roll it back to 750k... just eh... probably wasn't planned that way but in a certain light this looks not cool.

• Cool 1

Members
2,202 posts
11,652 battles
Just now, _RC1138 said:

You know, offer a 35:1 Free XP Conversion for a few weeks, let it slip that the next big, hotly anticipated, unique and potentially overpowered (potentially =/= reality) Premium T9 Free XP BB is at a larger 925k price, then roll it back to 750k... just eh... probably wasn't planned that way but in a certain light this looks not cool.

Fair enough.

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
2,814 battles

If it is indeed true, it would make sense. Seeing as the Mo is 750K, making it 920K will encourage people to just free xp an entire line. Added to it, if Mushashi doesn''t have credit modifiers like the Mo, etc., it just makes it a bad decision to spend so much free xp on it. 

Of course, what we don't know is if they nerfed her more as well.  All in all, it's speculation until they actually  release it and we see it in game.

[TBW]
Members
8,132 posts
14,856 battles

Never count the chickens before they hatch. I was tempted but didn't take advantage of the sale. Doubloons are precious to me.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,345 posts
22,746 battles
2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

If people convert that many XP they would have it done anyways. So they get some spare XP for the new French BB. Still, it leaves some bitter taste. 

For myself: I would have got her without investing any money. I have already 705k. 

[JASH]
Members
3,749 posts
11,121 battles

That's nice.  I've got 713K free XP today but inclinations are about whether or not to get Musashi remain unmoved.  It's really just a matter of the baked in awkward nature or situation of how that particular ship and it's T10 sister fits in the game.  

Members
2,202 posts
11,652 battles
Just now, Erebthoron said:

If people convert that many XP they would have it done anyways. So they get some spare XP for the new French BB. Still, it leaves some bitter taste. 

For myself: I would have got her without investing any money. I have already 705k. 

I would have had 750 fxp as it was, I just converted about 200k or so. 

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

I converted 1.5mill free exp for the Musashi, although I guess that doest really count because I expecting to have a large amount of surplus.

Still, cant the risk if she did become 1.5mill..