You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

One Elegant Winter (a WOWS story, part 1)

38 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,356 posts

One @Elegant_Winter, as an @Alien_Observer (yes, they are not figments of your imagination) watched from afar, a @T1mb3rWo1f was lurking in the woods, hoping to catch a @BigBlackRat. Walking through the woods was a @brdhntr, who was the the guardian of @Lord_Zath. With them was their dashing companion @Ensign_Cthulhu. @CesilTheDiddler wanted to come along too but they refused to hang out with him (we all know why). At their side were their faithful hounds @Ghostdog1355 and @Sovereigndawg. Lord_Zath's @flufflyfatcat wanted to come along too but they left him at home. The trio then spied a @LittleWhiteMouse and a @_Fr0g_, sitting on a nearby log but they were after bigger game. Our trio better beware, or the @Canadian_Reaper will get them. Yes, they better use all their @SavageTactical skills this hunt because their quarry is dangerous indeed.

As they passed a house, deep in the woods, they spied @CompassRose . Some said she was a witch, others a demon. However, she was just a wise woman who knew her @aether_tech and other wood's lore. She was out back of the house, burning trash in the @Incendiary_Tanker . Her wise companion, @Dr_Venture, then came out and gave the hunters the @Wulfgarn he had collected, bound into an amulet with plenty of @Slimeball91 and an egg from a @Cobraclutch. He then invited the hunters out on the deck for a @beerandasmoke.

After their short break, our hunters ventured farther into the woods, into the dark regions of the @abyssofthetriffid. Here, the @priceg of being unwary would be high indeed. Good thing each was protected by a @Shield380 and each was wearing his @SafariHat . Ensign_Cthulhu turned his head and surreptitiously flicked a @tmangoober into the brush. He was a bit ill because his @Shigure_DD s were inflamed.

The trio then spied their quarry, the mighty @HazardDrake, which was ten times as dangerous as any @Grizley bear or even the mighty @IronWolfV . Quickly, our @SmartFlyingWarriors donned their skis and did a @53FootSlalom to the place where they had hidden their @pewpewpew42 . The tank would serve them well in this fight, with its thick @HTSMetal armor. Brdhntr then put on @dannyboy1939 by the @Murccs, which was his favorite hunting song.

Will our trio survive? Or will the Canadian_Reaper reap their souls? Tune in next week, same time same station.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 10

[AMWKS]
Modder
298 posts
3,835 battles

Seems UMI is well represented.  And I can be a Witch, Demon, AND a wise woman.  I'll get you my pretties, and your little Royal Navy firestarters too.

[TBW]
Members
8,132 posts
14,856 battles

Faithful hound to a fault, Just look at my survival rate, I am always willing to die for the team.

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,139 battles

That my friends is a story. Think I'll read that to my 5 year old grandson tonight. He already sits with me and watches me play WOWS. One night he points at the red ships and asks "are those the bad guys?" I said no those aren't really bad guys they're just on the other team. He sat there a second and then asks me "Then why are you shooting at them?" He got me on that one!

• Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,139 battles
7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Faithful hound to a fault, Just look at my survival rate, I am always willing to die for the team.

Guess that's what hounds are for right?

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
8,132 posts
14,856 battles
8 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

They, after all, are the ones out front sniffing out the prey and if your prey is the dreaded @HazardDrake it is a dangerous task.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,786 posts
7,767 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

That's the whole point -- to make a story out of forum members' names.

I noticed. Just impressed by the effort you put into it.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
13,528 posts
8,727 battles
57 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

With them was their dashing companion

Dashing headlong in to British CL-obliterating danger, always. :Smile_teethhappy: 

58 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The trio then spied a @LittleWhiteMouse and a @_Fr0g_,

"A frog went walking on a summer's day, a-hum, a-hum..." 

I'm sure I can do a Warships version of this song sometime. Give me an evening or two.

[SSBN]
Members
532 posts
10,810 battles
1 hour ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

A true bird hunter doesn't run hounds, and never sends them out without the expectation that they come back when called.  He would, also, never spoil his bird dog.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,050 posts
4,848 battles

I give people slime amulets and beer and smokes.

Accurate. 

[HKA]
Members
79 posts
8,752 battles

Yep, a frog is always watching... 

Well done.   

[FACT]
[FACT]
Members
629 posts
9,022 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

One @Elegant_Winter, as an @Alien_Observer (yes, they are not figments of your imagination) watched from afar, a @T1mb3rWo1f was lurking in the woods, hoping to catch a @BigBlackRat. Walking through the woods was a @brdhntr, who was the the guardian of @Lord_Zath. With them was their dashing companion @Ensign_Cthulhu. @CesilTheDiddler wanted to come along too but they refused to hang out with him (we all know why). At their side were their faithful hounds @Ghostdog1355 and @Sovereigndawg. Lord_Zath's @flufflyfatcat wanted to come along too but they left him at home. The trio then spied a @LittleWhiteMouse and a @_Fr0g_, sitting on a nearby log but they were after bigger game. Our trio better beware, or the @Canadian_Reaper will get them. Yes, they better use all their @SavageTactical skills this hunt because their quarry is dangerous indeed.

As they passed a house, deep in the woods, they spied @CompassRose . Some said she was a witch, others a demon. However, she was just a wise woman who knew her @aether_tech and other wood's lore. She was out back of the house, burning trash in the @Incendiary_Tanker . Her wise companion, @Dr_Venture, then came out and gave the hunters the @Wulfgarn he had collected, bound into an amulet with plenty of @Slimeball91 and an egg from a @Cobraclutch. He then invited the hunters out on the deck for a @beerandasmoke.

After their short break, our hunters ventured farther into the woods, into the dark regions of the @abyssofthetriffid. Here, the @priceg of being unwary would be high indeed. Good thing each was protected by a @Shield380 and each was wearing his @SafariHat . Ensign_Cthulhu turned his head and surreptitiously flicked a @tmangoober into the brush. He was a bit ill because his @Shigure_DD s were inflamed.

The trio then spied their quarry, the mighty @HazardDrake, which was ten times as dangerous as any @Grizley bear or even the mighty @IronWolfV . Quickly, our @SmartFlyingWarriors donned their skies and did a @53FootSlalom to the place where they had hidden their @pewpewpew42 . The tank would serve them well in this fight, with its thick @HTSMetal armor. Brdhntr then put on @dannyboy1939 by the @Murccs, which was his favorite hunting song.

Will our trio survive? Or will the Canadian_Reaper reap their souls? Tune in next week, same time same station.

Outstanding Sir/M'aam.

[SOUP]
Privateers, Supertester, Modder
8,491 posts

What shite spam is this... begone.