Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buzzardsluck

Love Co-Op for one reason

11 comments in this topic

[NBNG]
Members
400 posts
7,571 battles

It is no holds bar. ships fight and you do not have any of this Tier 9-10 BBs turning at the first sign of the enemy. Just got the Mighty Mo. Got up to where my radar can help with the DDs in smoke. Guess what, everyone else was turning to run because our DD got killed in the first 30 seconds. The enemy DD got killed, I got hammered because of no support. I mean not even ships behinds me. They just fled. Co-Op is battle like it should be. Just wish it was harder.  

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
8,132 posts
14,856 battles
52 minutes ago, Buzzardsluck said:

Just got the Mighty Mo. Got up to where my radar can help with the DDs in smoke

I have found that the Radar is situational. When I first got the Mo I tried to get to where my radar was a help to the team and died promptly a few times. I then changed my tactics, if you see what I mean. Coop is fun, scenarios make you a lot more money and XP.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
450 posts
8,891 battles

Too many cowards in the higher tiers.  I only play Randoms now if it is required for a mission, or I REALLY need the XP/credits.

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
11,490 posts
20,429 battles
8 minutes ago, SluggerJackson said:

Too many cowards in the higher tiers.  I only play Randoms now if it is required for a mission, or I REALLY need the XP/credits.

For me I love CVs in co-op because I don't have to worry about getting curbstomped by some unicum-level micro-managing strafing (string of rude words...)

I also love the intensity when my team of bots, or real players gets wiped out because of bot stupidity or player potatoness; and it's me in my cv versus 3-5 or more Red bots.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts
1 hour ago, Buzzardsluck said:

<snip>... They just fled. Co-Op is battle like it should be. Just wish it was harder.  

They tried harder. Bots won. 

[SYN]
Members
5,275 posts
12,587 battles

Hard not to love any game mode where you survive 90% and win 96% of the time.  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
349 posts
6,599 battles

I play mostly co-op and scenarios, love them.  I find them less frustrating and enjoyable.  In some scenarios like Narai, the tempo of the fight is very high and you get non-stop action which is exciting and fun.  Try driving a tier 7 German battleship in that one, in the later stage when you're in the harbor, your secondary batteries will be firing non-stop on both sides and AA lighting up the sky too.  Quite a fireworks show.

The only downside though, is the cost of servicing ships vs the amount of credits you earn in co-op at higher tiers.  Without perma camo, premium account, flags and clan bonus , it can be hard to make a profit. 

Couple of things that do make co-op challenging:

• Bots driving high tier ships are very accurate in their aim.  So if you're not constantly doing your AWDS hack, you'll get massive salvo hits easily.
  • At high tier, if the a bot isn't distracted, it can dodge torpedoes very easily, like the drift king in Initial D.  Their programming is a little strange, it seems that the programmers have made it so that if the bot ship is engaged by another ship, they become blind to torpedoes.  Another thing is that they always dodge only 1 torpedo salvo.  So if you have 2 torpedo racks on the same side, if you launch one, make it turn, wait for it to turn and launch the other one, you'll most like hit the bot.

Beta Testers
1,602 posts
10,092 battles
2 hours ago, Buzzardsluck said:

It is no holds bar. ships fight and you do not have any of this Tier 9-10 BBs turning at the first sign of the enemy. Just got the Mighty Mo. Got up to where my radar can help with the DDs in smoke. Guess what, everyone else was turning to run because our DD got killed in the first 30 seconds. The enemy DD got killed, I got hammered because of no support. I mean not even ships behinds me. They just fled. Co-Op is battle like it should be. Just wish it was harder.  

Yup, just what it should be - targets that you can count on to mindlessly charge towards you.  No need to deal with tactics, just kite em past the other bots.

Sign in to follow this