Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

111 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

HooplaJones    125

Ok ill play the DOY to do the missions after that, well it will be in dry dock.     This is a sit in the back and wait meh-bote  I just do not have the patience for it.  With team work it can be effective, but in my opinion it is not a solo random battle ship.  

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you think your being to harsh on her? I mean you've played like 4 battles with her. Might be a bit to early to call her trash... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HooplaJones    125
8 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Don't you think your being to harsh on her? I mean you've played like 4 battles with her. Might be a bit to early to call her trash... 

After playing over 2,400 battles in BB's and over 7,000 in total, putting a 14 pt capt in her and choosing the right modules and signal flags, and playing a few Co-ops first, im my experience,   after 4 battles you can tell what a ship is capable of.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkaerKrow    689

Strange, I have 0 problem with her. Her worst sin is that KGV exists, otherwise she's perfectly capable of getting the job done. 

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mofton    957

Every time I get to 4.5s left on the reload I'm reminded that I could be playing something better.

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lemekillmister    283
8 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Don't you think your being to harsh on her? I mean you've played like 4 battles with her. Might be a bit to early to call her trash... 

Virtually across the board, DoY's stats are inferior to KGV's. You could play 4,000 battles with DoY; that fact still will not change, unless WG decides to significantly buff DoY or nerf KGV in the time it takes to do those 4K. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akeno017    163
10 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

significantly buff DoY

Which should never happen unless Ashitaka and Hood get buffs as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback. We are monitoring this and will pass the comments along. So what I'm getting from players is the KGV is more popular and plays better then the Duke of York? Fair assessment? Thank you for the insight.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paradat    670

1 extra daily win bonus for brit BB captain xp grind is always welcome.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlyinAlex    15

Playable but gap to KGV is a bit much. Maybe halve the DPM difference to KGV (does not have to be exact match, just not as much of a gap) or leave DPM the same and give better accuracy/sigma to make it more effective even with slower reload. Thanks for passing the feedback along. 

Trying to do devastating strike mission on DoY really exposes its weakness when played with AP only (without fire starting brit HE shells which don't need to be as accurate).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akeno017    163
14 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

So what I'm getting from players is the KGV is more popular and plays better then the Duke of York? Fair assessment? Thank you for the insight.

Bare in mind that DoY sees far more play than both Ashitaka and Hood, and these ships have been struggling since release to be competitive. They could really use some minor buffs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played a few battles in the  DoY as well, and the only issue I have is it's slower rate of fire... but I only dabble in BB's in Co-op games. If a few seconds were to be shaved off the reload time, I might be more inclined to take it out more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OseanTanker    546
3 minutes ago, FlyinAlex said:

Playable but gap to KGV is a bit much. Maybe halve the DPM difference to KGV (does not have to be exact match, just not as much of a gap) or leave DPM the same and give better accuracy/sigma to make it more effective even with slower reload. Thanks for passing the feedback along. 

Trying to do devastating strike mission on DoY really exposes its weakness when played with AP only (without fire starting brit HE shells which don't need to be as accurate).

I thought that mission would be hard, yet I got two Dev Strikes (one against a Cleveland and another against a lolibote at 4km bow on to me [glorious AP pens]) with that mission off. I enabled it instead of the 500k potential/win/survive mission and got the containers needed for the snow camo (which does look very nice, congrats on that WG).

I still sit here and wonder what she could have been in the old set up... The reload is painfully slow for low caliber guns. The hydro is nice as is the AA. The AA is super fragile though... I had a Nelson land an HE salvo on me and destroy ALL of my mid range AA. While I had munched the previous CV strike, the next one sunk me without shooting down a single plane. All in all, she is an okay ship... I can have fun with her (when I am not on five game loosing streaks), but the reload kills it for me. Every time I see 4.5 seconds left, I think I could have just fired. Then I finish reloading and a mountain is in the way or my target is now angled (I still use a healthy dose of AP).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yashma    569

The funny thing is I find myself wishing more and more that we got the old version with out the heal.  It still wouldn't have been a good ship, but at least it would have been something different enough to be exciting.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlyinAlex    15
3 minutes ago, yashma said:

The funny thing is I find myself wishing more and more that we got the old version with out the heal.  It still wouldn't have been a good ship, but at least it would have been something different enough to be exciting.

Different yes, but also quite frustrating. Being a large and slow boat without a heal is simply asking to get BBQ-d on sight. You would need to sit way back and spam at long range which would make for relatively boring and somewhat ineffective gameplay IMHO.

I think being a premium clone of a good ship is not so bad. It just sucks to be significantly nerfed version of the said ship which would likely mean it would just collect rust in the port after all the required missions are completed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowrigger1    894

Luckily it was a Free ship, anyone who bought this thing was ripped of.    Free port queens are nice :)  I'm putting the Scharnhorst right next to her in dry dock,  another POS.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akeno017    163
15 minutes ago, yashma said:

The funny thing is I find myself wishing more and more that we got the old version with out the heal.  It still wouldn't have been a good ship, but at least it would have been something different enough to be exciting.

Welcome to the light my friend.

Interesting but weak(if at all) ship >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> trash clones

Especially when we already had 3 other T7 brit premiums :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SluggerJackson said:

Did no one read the reviews?

No, but I'm inclined to believe to opinions of several people I trust. This and that happened, and I'm out of the DoY grind for now. If I miss out? No great loss, apparently.

5 minutes ago, FlyinAlex said:

Different yes, but also quite frustrating. Being a large and slow boat without a heal is simply asking to get BBQ-d on sight. You would need to sit way back and spam at long range which would make for relatively boring and somewhat ineffective gameplay IMHO.

I think being a premium clone of a good ship is not so bad. It just sucks to be significantly nerfed version of the said ship which would likely mean it would just collect rust in the port after all the required missions are completed.

My personal, and admittedly somewhat cheeky opinion, is that Prince of Wales with a 1-2 shot smoke consumable would have been better...

 

"Make smoke!"

_Captain John Leach; 'Sink! The Bismark!'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nuttybiscuit    651
1 hour ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Thanks for the feedback. We are monitoring this and will pass the comments along. So what I'm getting from players is the KGV is more popular and plays better then the Duke of York? Fair assessment? Thank you for the insight.

Which would be perfectly reasonable for WOT players, but here, if it isn't OP (better than a tech tree ship), shock horror, moan groan, arm the peasants with pitchforks and light the torches, for if it isn't "better than..." it is 'Garbage' or a 'Mehbote' and that just isn't allowed!

personally, quite happy to see a sister ship of a tech tree vessel; almost but not quite as good as her tech tree equivalent. While we are on this subject, maybe pat the devs on the back, and ask them to ensure future premiums follow a similar principle (speaking as a premium ship junkie).

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowrigger1    894
2 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Which would be perfectly reasonable for WOT players, but here, if it isn't OP (better than a tech tree ship), shock horror, moan groan, arm the peasants with pitchforks and light the torches, for if it isn't "better than..." it is 'Garbage' or a 'Mehbote' and that just isn't allowed!

personally, quite happy to see a sister ship of a tech tree vessel; almost but not quite as good as her tech tree equivalent. While we are on this subject, maybe pat the devs on the back, and ask them to ensure future premiums follow a similar principle (speaking as a premium ship junkie).

That's not even it.   It's a clone ship, it's supposed to be a Side Grade, not a Down Grade.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wardog_Noir    41
27 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Luckily it was a Free ship, anyone who bought this thing was ripped of.    Free port queens are nice :)  I'm putting the Scharnhorst right next to her in dry dock,  another POS.

I guess we'll have to disagree on that, I think the DoY was money well spent.  She's a good training ship for the line from KGV on up as far as I can tell at this point, and I've had several great games with her.  Probably helps that I don't have the KGV yet to compare the experience.

All WG needs to do with this ship to silence all the complaints is to fix the reload to be a little faster.  Then either add one more heal to her or give her a better dispersion than the KGV.  Boom.  You've either made her a premium KGV or created another New Mexico/Arizona situation where each ship has their own unique strengths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowrigger1    894
1 minute ago, Wardog_Noir said:

I guess we'll have to disagree on that, I think the DoY was money well spent.  She's a good training ship for the line from KGV on up as far as I can tell at this point, and I've had several great games with her.  Probably helps that I don't have the KGV yet to compare the experience.

All WG needs to do with this ship to silence all the complaints is to fix the reload to be a little faster.  Then either add one more heal to her or give her a better dispersion than the KGV.  Boom.  You've either made her a premium KGV or created another New Mexico/Arizona situation where each ship has their own unique strengths.

Just not a fan of Any of the RN BBs.. I think they are pretty sub par.  even more so than the US Line.  They just don't agree with my play style, and they are Perfect for the current meta of do nothing BBs who sit back at max range and fling HE.  They cater to crap game play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skpstr    1,545
5 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Just not a fan of Any of the RN BBs.. I think they are pretty sub par.  even more so than the US Line.  They just don't agree with my play style, and they are Perfect for the current meta of do nothing BBs who sit back at max range and fling HE.  They cater to crap game play.

I'm kind of warming up to them precisely for that reason. Not that I sit back, (only so far back you can sit in a stock QE lol) but relying more on HE gives it a little different character from my other BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×