Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

May starve!

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles

Like an idiot I did not go to food store last night.  Now we got freezing rain coming down bad and then snow coming on top of frozen roads.  Gonna be like this all day with freezing rain and snow going back and forth. I live on a road that is low priority for plows and they may not get out to where I live till tonight...maybe.  It's a mess. Don't have a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I can drive on snow but the freezing rain is BAD.  Ice rink! I can see a car off the road out my window. How your weather today by the way?

Here is all I got left in house to eat:

1.  2 cans of Vienna sausage

2.  3 bags of Ramon noodles

3.  1/3rd jar of peanut butter

4.  I bag of frozen peas

Well I won't starve. You are me.....from above list what would you choose to eat today if you could not get out? This is stupid but I got nothing better to do right now. Your menu? 

 

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[NNC]
Members
2,097 posts
11,149 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Like an idiot I did not go to food store last night.  Now we got freezing rain coming down bad and then snow coming on top of frozen roads.  Gonna be like this all day with freezing rain and snow going back and forth. I live on a road that is low priority for plows and they may not get out to where I live till tonight...maybe.  It's a mess. Don't have a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I can drive on snow but the freezing rain is BAD.  Ice rink! I can see a car off the road out my window. How your weather today by the way?

Here is all I got left in house to eat:

1.  2 cans of Vienna sausage

2.  3 bags of Ramon noodles

3.  1/3rd jar of peanut butter

4.  I bag of frozen peas

Well I won't starve. You are me.....from above list what would you choose to eat today if you could not get out? This is stupid but I got nothing better to do right now. Your menu? 

 

sounds bad. im in canada right now and its 15 degrees out its werid

 

edit: peanut butter is 100% my time killer. more often then not if i find a jar of peanut butter i would rather sit there with a spoon then have a steak dinner

Edited by RiverTheIdiot
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
284
[MEIST]
Members
1,200 posts
4,677 battles

I am currently in South Florida so....... it's a little cloudy and 80° Fahrenheit.

Combine the Vienna sausage with the Ramon noodles and woola, a meal fit for a King.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
39 posts
17,199 battles

Half pack ramen add 3 Vienna sausages. 2 tablespoons frozen peas. Can add peanut butter to thicken into a sauce if needed.

enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,983
[HINON]
Members
11,435 posts

Im in indiana and it's slick out there due to freezing rain and snow still coming down. I live on the edge of a city so it's not too bad once it melts a little later. The ramen noodles with the sausage might not be terrible with a side of peas. I would also drink plenty of water to keep the appetite down.

Edited by RipNuN2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
2 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

I am currently in South Florida so....... it's a little cloudy and 80° Fahrenheit.

Combine the Vienna sausage with the Ramon noodles and woola, a meal fit for a King.

S Florida?  Wonderful....you made my day. :Smile_glasses:  Take a look at weather radar map.  I am square azz in that big band of sh#t coming thru Midwest. Snow and big pockets of freezing rain. Vienna sausage combined with Ramon?  Hmmmmmmm  NO just NO. Well maybe.  Have never tried that. tks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
251 posts
1,410 battles
14 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Like an idiot I did not go to food store last night.  Now we got freezing rain coming down bad and then snow coming on top of frozen roads.  Gonna be like this all day with freezing rain and snow going back and forth. I live on a road that is low priority for plows and they may not get out to where I live till tonight...maybe.  It's a mess. Don't have a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I can drive on snow but the freezing rain is BAD.  Ice rink! I can see a car off the road out my window. How your weather today by the way?

Yep, that sounds pretty wintery to me. Wishing you luck in your ongoing survival! :Smile-_tongue: If only we had invented 3D printed food already... then you'd be in good shape... darn, right? Anyway... totally would go after that jar of peanut butter. If I couldn't go outside I probably wouldn't be going out much at all, so I could totally live off of 33% of a peanut butter jar for like, three days. Screw making a proper meal; who knows when you'll be able to go get some more food?

I live in a place where it rains constantly during the winter because it's never cold enough to snow. And it's lovely. :Smile_teethhappy: 4 degrees Celsius, 39 degrees Fahrenheit. Even in January. Beats being back home where it was -38 degrees Celsius, or -36 degrees Fahrenheit. :cap_fainting: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,507
[TBW]
Members
8,132 posts
14,856 battles

The peas and peanut butter are the healthiest. You could enhance your ramen with the Vienna sausages or would that be enhance the sausages with the ramen. I wouldn't eat either of them. Do you have a pet? (kidding about the pet) Do you have flour? sugar? French bread takes few ingredients. OH it was 20 below almost this morning it's a balmy 5 below now.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Im in indiana and it's slick out there due to freezing rain and snow still coming down. I live on the edge of a city so it's not too bad once it melts a little later. The ramen noodles with the sausage might not be terrible with a side of peas. I would also drink plenty of water to keep the appetite down.

May not be that bad later here in W Ohio where I live but right now it is a mess. Supposed to go on till this evening. 

Thank God I got Ramen. One of the great food inventions of all time for old farts who live alone. Young kids also on a limited budget. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
6 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The peas and peanut butter are the healthiest. You could enhance your ramen with the Vienna sausages or would that be enhance the sausages with the ramen. I wouldn't eat either of them. Do you have a pet? (kidding about the pet) Do you have flour? sugar? French bread takes few ingredients. OH it was 20 below almost this morning it's a balmy 5 below now.

Ya Minn!  What the hell am I complaining about?  You shamed me.  Neighbor not to far away has a cat....:Smile_glasses:  No no, I like cats. Bad idea.

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
284
[MEIST]
Members
1,200 posts
4,677 battles
8 minutes ago, dmckay said:

S Florida?  Wonderful....you made my day. :Smile_glasses:  Take a look at weather radar map.  I am square azz in that big band of sh#t coming thru Midwest. Snow and big pockets of freezing rain. Vienna sausage combined with Ramon?  Hmmmmmmm  NO just NO. Well maybe.  Have never tried that. tks

I got chilly just looking at the radar map. I'll have some hot wings and rum to get that chill out. Stay warm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
179
[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
736 posts
10,199 battles
37 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Like an idiot I did not go to food store last night.  Now we got freezing rain coming down bad and then snow coming on top of frozen roads.  Gonna be like this all day with freezing rain and snow going back and forth. I live on a road that is low priority for plows and they may not get out to where I live till tonight...maybe.  It's a mess. Don't have a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I can drive on snow but the freezing rain is BAD.  Ice rink! I can see a car off the road out my window. How your weather today by the way?

Here is all I got left in house to eat:

1.  2 cans of Vienna sausage

2.  3 bags of Ramon noodles

3.  1/3rd jar of peanut butter

4.  I bag of frozen peas

Well I won't starve. You are me.....from above list what would you choose to eat today if you could not get out? This is stupid but I got nothing better to do right now. Your menu? 

 

Do you have pets, or maybe children?  They're all a good source of protein.  If you're a little squeamish, maybe the neighbor's?  I'm getting a little older and the Vienna sausage gives me heartburn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,507
[TBW]
Members
8,132 posts
14,856 battles
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

May not be that bad later here in W Ohio where I live but right now it is a mess. Supposed to go on till this evening. 

Thank God I got Ramen. One of the great food inventions of all time for old farts who live alone. Young kids also on a limited budget. 

In jail they make what we called Doritos burritos. You take a small bag of Doritos and crunch them up you crunch the ramen and mix it with the crushed Doritos add some water (not to much just enough to wet the mix a little) fold the Doritos bag in the shape of a burrito and nuke for 1 minute. You can substitute corn chips or Frito's for variety, sun chips work too.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,465
[NDA]
Supertester
5,257 posts
15,817 battles

hzmK085.gif

And this is why you should have some emergency supplies. 

I think the recommendation is 3 days of food and water for each human and pet. You can even buy relative cheap 72 hour kits with enough dehydrated food for a few people that can just be you're insurance policy against hunger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
1 minute ago, jager_geist said:

I got chilly just looking at the radar map. I'll have some hot wings and rum to get that chill out. Stay warm!

I be warm unless lines come down and power goes out....but heck I got a kerosene heater so I be ok.  We get freezing rain where I live a lot. Seen it so bad it brings down trees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
2 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

hzmK085.gif

And this is why you should have some emergency supplies. 

I think the recommendation is 3 days of food and water for each human and pet. You can even buy relative cheap 72 hour kits with enough dehydrated food for a few people that can just be you're insurance policy against hunger. 

Had a case of Meals Ready to Barf last winter but I ate em all up.  Actually I really like MRE's. Gonna order another case today.  Gonna be a long winter I do fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,465
[NDA]
Supertester
5,257 posts
15,817 battles
16 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Had a case of Meals Ready to Barf last winter but I ate em all up.  Actually I really like MRE's. Gonna order another case today.  Gonna be a long winter I do fear.

I like to add a few cheap but tasty cans of soup to the shopping list that aren't needed. Those become the base of my emergency rations.

One quick meal to have on hand I learned from my dad who traveled a lot. You get a small can of diced tomatoes and a pack of Uncle Bens Instant rice. Cook the Rice per instructions, than add the diced tomatoes and heat. Add a pack of pre cooked chicken and season for a filling meal. 

Also you can buy some really nice ramen packs off Amazon. Not the standard kind you find in local grocery stores, these are have flavor packs plus dried herbs and sauce packs. Now I've never had real ramen from an authentic source but these blow common US ramen packs out of the pot. 

These two are very tasty. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,195
[RKLES]
Members
9,925 posts
11,715 battles

I am doing a little better, have a couple bags of noodles, cheese sauce to cook along with some vegetables. 

Also have a couple small frozen pizzas in freezer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
1 minute ago, RedSeaBear said:

I like to add a few cheap but tasty cans of soup to the shopping list that aren't needed. Those become the base of my emergency rations.

One quick meal to have on hand I learned from my dad who traveled a lot. You get a small can of diced tomatoes and a pack of Uncle Bens Instant rice. Cook the Rice per instructions, than add the diced tomatoes and heat. Add a pack of pre cooked chicken and season for a filling meal. 

Also you can buy some really nice ramen packs off Amazon. Not the standard kind you find in local grocery stores, these are have flavor packs plus dried herbs and sauce packs. Now I've never had real ramen from an authentic source but these blow common US ramen packs out of the pot. 

These two are very tasty. 

 

Tks.  REAL emergency food ya don't have to cook.  You can eat MRE's without cooking. Hell I like this new Spam Lite they have out also. Really it's not bad at all. Tuna out of a can is fine.  Bunch of stuff out there to eat that don't need cooked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,553
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,415 posts
10,191 battles

64 and raining outside Philly, that said - I literally have no food to eat unless my dad stashed some cookies somewhere till my parents come home and we hash out whatever were getting/going for dinner and can't even go buy food (it's just water or another day in Ireland from my times there, and I've had to brave thunderstorms, blizzards, and lethal cold for food before) because I have no money to do so because as usual, my check is sent out Thursday for I think the last 2 games, but, won't actually get here for a couple days so I can buy food whenever there is nothing in the house, which is kinda common at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,682
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,356 posts
5 hours ago, dmckay said:

Like an idiot I did not go to food store last night.  Now we got freezing rain coming down bad and then snow coming on top of frozen roads.  Gonna be like this all day with freezing rain and snow going back and forth. I live on a road that is low priority for plows and they may not get out to where I live till tonight...maybe.  It's a mess. Don't have a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I can drive on snow but the freezing rain is BAD.  Ice rink! I can see a car off the road out my window. How your weather today by the way?

Here is all I got left in house to eat:

1.  2 cans of Vienna sausage

2.  3 bags of Ramon noodles

3.  1/3rd jar of peanut butter

4.  I bag of frozen peas

Well I won't starve. You are me.....from above list what would you choose to eat today if you could not get out? This is stupid but I got nothing better to do right now. Your menu? 

 

Make noodles. Cut up sausages and put in them. There, you have a meals meal. Alternate with peas and sausage or just dump everything in and make it a noodle "stew." This should last you a couple of days. If you still are snowed in, well peanut butter is good emergency ration food. You can live on a third of a jar for a week.

 

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,559
[WOLF9]
Privateers
10,684 posts
4,371 battles

Don't you have any basic ingredients, like flour, sugar, baking soda?  Butter?  Catsup?

 

Wait !!  NO LIQUOR !?!

 

You're screwed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,263 battles
22 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Don't you have any basic ingredients, like flour, sugar, baking soda?  Butter?  Catsup?

 

Wait !!  NO LIQUOR !?!

 

You're screwed.

Yes.  I am a Civil War buff and I can make Civil War era Hardtack easily. Basically flour. I will survive.  Promise. Be fine tomorrow.  It is NOW getting bad out. But home and warm.  Hit later than they said earlier but now it's pretty nasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
186
[WOLF2]
Members
445 posts
15,348 battles

Extreme weather, out of season weather and crop failures are going to be common for at least the next couple of decades. It has already begun. Prepare for it so you don't become a victim.

Since this first video aired several years ago solar activity has dropped even more.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×