You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bassmasta76

My last Santa Crate purchase of the season

20 comments in this topic

bassmasta76    166

So I decided yesterday that I would buy one last set of Santa Crates.  There were no Premiums that I was really hoping for, and I mainly did it to try and get some more signals and camo.

Out of 20 large crates, I managed to get some ships, which is cool.  I got a Dunkerque, Molotov, Huanghe and a Kidd (w00t), along with 4k dubloons, 120 Frosty Fir, 30 Dragon, 15 Red Dragon, and 15 Wyvern.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with my earnings.  Of the Premiums, I think I'm most excited about the Kidd, but with French BBs incoming, the Dunkerque aught to be helpful.

Good luck to those of you still buying crates!

B

Just now, bassmasta76 said:

So I decided yesterday that I would buy one last set of Santa Crates.  There were no Premiums that I was really hoping for, and I mainly did it to try and get some more signals and camo.

Out of 20 large crates, I managed to get some ships, which is cool.  I got a Dunkerque, Molotov, Huanghe and a Kidd (w00t), along with 4k dubloons, 120 Frosty Fir, 30 Dragon, 15 Red Dragon, and 15 Wyvern.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with my earnings.  Of the Premiums, I think I'm most excited about the Kidd, but with French BBs incoming, the Dunkerque aught to be helpful.

Good luck to those of you still buying crates!

B

yeh i got about 40k gold  molotov, perth, dunerque, tachibana, yubari, arizona, Lo yang, Gremyaschy, Okhotnik, Leningrad, Hood, Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen, Enterprise, Saipan out of 200 crates. (about 40 mega, 40 small and 120 large.) and im going to get another 150ish-200ish large ones today

Congrats on the Kidd and Dunkerque. They are fun to play. I'd suggest if you like shooting down enemy lanes making the Kidd an AA destroyer. She is a beast! Enjoy all the other in-game goods you received as well and we will see you on the high seas.

Doomlock    2,331

Nice haul, congrats on the ships! Dunk is pretty fun, and Kidd is a little monster. Have fun with your new botes! :Smile_great:

Ghostdog1355    384

That is nice, think I just might slide over there to the old premium shop myself. Still have some dollars left on gift card from Christmas.

5 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

That is nice, think I just might slide over there to the old premium shop myself. Still have some dollars left on gift card from Christmas.

but ghostdog does not need to purchase items in premium shop. ghost dog cannot be seen for he is ghost. im sure no one can see you if you sneak into wg and take a couple crates :D

might even get a good head scratch while your in there

Edited by RiverTheIdiot

Ghostdog1355    384

Well I just picked up the Anshan with a 10 point captain in a Santa Box. Any of you guys running that ship and tips on upgrades and captain skills?

Ghostdog1355    384
31 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

might even get a good head scratch while your in there

I sure did and a Scooby Snack with 3000 doubloons

11 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Well I just picked up the Anshan with a 10 point captain in a Santa Box. Any of you guys running that ship and tips on upgrades and captain skills?

Would recommend watching some reviews. In short it has terrible turret rotation so I mine has the turret rotation mod. When I first got it I had the commander skills set up for a torpedo boat and didn't have much luck. I then changed to a gun boat skill set and have had much better luck. The ap is really good and the he isn't. It is not a fire hose. Also I prefer the longer range torps. 

Ghostdog1355    384
1 minute ago, KillerCanadian said:

Would recommend watching some reviews. In short it has terrible turret rotation so I mine has the turret rotation mod. When I first got it I had the commander skills set up for a torpedo boat and didn't have much luck. I then changed to a gun boat skill set and have had much better luck. The ap is really good and the he isn't. It is not a fire hose. Also I prefer the longer range torps. 

Yea I suck in DDs. I figure I'll play in coop till a get decent in it. It's the highest tier DD I have. Definitely don't want go into random, torp a friendly, get chat chewed and covered in salt.

bassmasta76    166

I'm actually most excited about Kidd.  From what I've seen of it in both Random and Ranked, its a good ship.  Dunkerque should be interesting.  Generally speaking, I dont really like the look of ships with only forward turrets, but its not a huge deal.

B

2 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I sure did and a Scooby Snack with 3000 doubloons

xD man this game is awesome I just wrote a 5 page essay of yamamoto isoroku for history class on what ive learned in the game and got a A+ xDDDDD

Ghostdog1355    384
7 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

xD man this game is awesome I just wrote a 5 page essay of yamamoto isoroku for history class on what ive learned in the game and got a A+ xDDDDD

Excellent man, happy for you.

43 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Excellent man, happy for you.

Oh i qouted wrong person my bad xD

Ghostdog1355    384
3 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Oh i qouted wrong person my bad xD

It's ok. Wish there was a way I could read that essay. You have a soft copy of it?

Just now, Ghostdog1355 said:

It's ok. Wish there was a way I could read that essay. You have a soft copy of it?

Nah its rainin and my soft copy got wet ill try and wrute it up on monday when i get on the school PC's

Ghostdog1355    384
Just now, RiverTheIdiot said:

Nah its rainin and my soft copy got wet ill try and wrute it up on monday when i get on the school PC's

I'll send you my email over a private message ok. I'm a big naval history fan and like reading all kinds of things about it. Had a nice library on books and planes. Donated about 50 of them to the public library in the little town I live in south of Houston.

26 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I'll send you my email over a private message ok. I'm a big naval history fan and like reading all kinds of things about it. Had a nice library on books and planes. Donated about 50 of them to the public library in the little town I live in south of Houston.

Ah alright

Crucis    2,909
7 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

I'm actually most excited about Kidd.  From what I've seen of it in both Random and Ranked, its a good ship.  Dunkerque should be interesting.  Generally speaking, I dont really like the look of ships with only forward turrets, but its not a huge deal.

B

The Kidd can be a beastly little DD, particularly against other DDs.  And while having only a single torp launcher is a bit of a pain, one still shouldn't discount their usefulness, if carefully aimed. 

And while some might complain about this tactic (i.e. people who complain about DDs being selfish if they use their own smoke offensively), the Kidd's best offensive weapon against larger ships is smoke shooting.  Of course, you really, really want to be aware of the location of potential radar ships when you do this.

Bought only a couple Santa crates last year .  This year bought a lot.  Great value if intention is to grind 19 point captains. Very happy at what I got.  No need to spend any money on the game until at the earliest next Santa crate season!   IMHO very well thought out by WOWs.