You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
scruffycavetroll

Roma...tomorrow (Friday)...pleeeeeeaaassseee??

51 comments in this topic

Canadatron    824

Didn't think we would be seeing any ships until the Santa Boxes have packed it in. Seems to be the case.

SFM_Hobb3s    6

It's disappointing.  I also hoped to see Roma today.  January is almost half over WG!  If you are going to bother advertising stuff on the monthly calendar to look forward to, and you are going to put it SO FAR to the end of the month why bother.  If we're not going to get to play with Roma in January then put it on Feb's calendar.   Or you could just flat out tell us exactly when it will be out, since you already know this.

• Cool 2

Phoenix_jz    1,706

I guarantee you, we will not see Roma before the 17th of January.

As for Abruzzi, at the risk of sounding like a broken record... She's overtiered plain and simple, just like d'Aosta. WG got away with it on d'Aosta but they haven't on Abruzzi.

But I doubt they'll drop it a tier, though they should.

As of right now, to balance it at tier VII, what they should do is:

-Make the armor belt a solid 130mm. If you're not going to add decapping as a mechanic, then don't punish the ship for relying on it for its armor scheme. WG didn't for Roma, I don't know why they're doing it to Abruzzi.

- Buff the HE pen to 1/4. Italian HE is crap in-game because it was designed for splinter damage. Fine. German 150mm HE is also crap, but WG buffed the penetration on that despite the fact they were only found on tier V and VI ships. Why they wouldn't for a tier VII is beyond me.

Do those two things, and then see where Abruzzi stands. Balance it from there, and just avoid the threat of more gimmicks.

• Cool 2

Gruntdog_3    22
8 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Ah, please... No more smoke....

I really don't give a rat's fart what WG releases during this month as long as they get rid of that horridly old and now very annoying "ho-ho-ho" with the ship's horns. It's been almost 2 weeks since the end of the Christmas Hollidays!

Seconded.

SkaerKrow    689
Just now, 13th_Earl_White_Haven said:

I thought the flottentorpedoboot 1940 was gonna be today for sure. I assumed Roma would follow her a week or 2 later.

Being really honest here, I wouldn’t expect the T-61 this month either. It’s broken, and WG probably doesn’t want to release another busted premium that they’ll end up having to take out of sale rotation. 

Dr_Venture    1,619

The Abruzzi from what I've noticed is total garbage. I'm a fantastic cruiser player, but even I struggle with the Duca. The shells either AP or HE do little damage...hell the AP flat out fails to pen a french cruiser broadside. The shells shatter or bounce constantly...and the citadel is horrible.

The torpedoes whilst hilarious when they connect, do little damage. The Duca needs a serious buff and the Abruzzi will flat out put a gigantic sign that says "for the love of god I am not Graf Zepplin, buff me!"

I feel as it stands they need to be down tiered, and even then that might be a stretch. 

Dr_Venture    1,619
2 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Being really honest here, I wouldn’t expect the T-61 this month either. It’s broken, and WG probably doesn’t want to release another busted premium that they’ll end up having to take out of sale rotation. 

That thing isn't broke at all, it requires skilled players to unlock it's full potential. 

SparvieroVV    673

Roma had main rifle efficiency reduced for fear of skilled players being too efficient. So why would the T-61 escape the balans police in this scenario?  

Afaik it already has. 

Roma / big mamie / any ship at tier 8 will most likely not be released untill ranked is finished. It will be a SH*T show in ranked with all these new premiums everyone wants to try

SkaerKrow    689
26 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

That thing isn't broke at all, it requires skilled players to unlock it's full potential. 

Well at the very least, some of the CCs seem to think otherwise. 

Dr_Venture    1,619
4 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Well at the very least, some of the CCs seem to think otherwise. 

They are typically above average players tbh. When the rank and file get ahold of it it'll be drastically different. I mean the Ceaser isn't roflstomping and in every single match you see. 

5 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

They are typically above average players tbh. When the rank and file get ahold of it it'll be drastically different. I mean the Ceaser isn't roflstomping and in every single match you see. 

would like to disagree since for the longest time i had a higher avg dmg in cesare then my yamato

yashma    569
2 hours ago, Phoenix_jz said:

I guarantee you, we will not see Roma before the 17th of January.

As for Abruzzi, at the risk of sounding like a broken record... She's overtiered plain and simple, just like d'Aosta. WG got away with it on d'Aosta but they haven't on Abruzzi.

But I doubt they'll drop it a tier, though they should.

As of right now, to balance it at tier VII, what they should do is:

-Make the armor belt a solid 130mm. If you're not going to add decapping as a mechanic, then don't punish the ship for relying on it for its armor scheme. WG didn't for Roma, I don't know why they're doing it to Abruzzi.

- Buff the HE pen to 1/4. Italian HE is crap in-game because it was designed for splinter damage. Fine. German 150mm HE is also crap, but WG buffed the penetration on that despite the fact they were only found on tier V and VI ships. Why they wouldn't for a tier VII is beyond me.

Do those two things, and then see where Abruzzi stands. Balance it from there, and just avoid the threat of more gimmicks.

Yah the Aburzzi needs something to help her out.  Her HE is already laughably bad, having a worse fire chance than some DD guns, and her alpha is nothing special.  Throw in the fact IFHE is practically required for her to be effective, and that's just a bigger strike on her HE potential.  On the other side of the her coin 152mm AP isn't all that reliable either.  Really what it comes down to is the Abruzzi is under gunned, especially when compared to other Tier 7 cruisers like the Shchors.  In my book the guns make or break a ship, and if a ship has poor fire power, it better have something really special to compensate..... 

Giving her 1/4 pen would be a step in the right direction, but that would not change the fact she still lags behind the other Tier 7 cruisers.  For example, even with out having to take IFHE, the Abruzzi still has lower fire chance than IFHE Shchors, in addition to having fewer guns and lower alpha.  

*What I propose is give the Abruzzi 1/4 penetration and buff her RoF to 10 rounds a minute.  Before anyone overreacts and claims that would maker her overpowered, hear me out.  Even with out having to take IFHE, the Abruzzi would still have a 2% worse chance than the Shchors, and even with a buffed RoF, the Abruzzi's DPM would still be almost identical, *slightly worse actually* to the Shchors.  This would make the Abruzzi's firepower competitive with the other Tier 7 cruisers with out making her OP or overly reliant on gimmicks.  This would also have the added benefit of making her more marketable to players who have never played Italian ships before as she does not need a high level captain to be competitive.

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1

Sorry if we disappointed anyone but no word yet on the Roma. Please keep checking the news portal for the latest announcements and updates. The Roma should be coming soon but we don't have any information on specifically when that will be. Good luck on the high seas and Quartieri Generali! Stazioni di battaglia!

• Angry 1

30 minutes ago, yashma said:

*What I propose is give the Abruzzi 1/4 penetration and buff her RoF to 10 rounds a minute.  Before anyone overreacts and claims that would maker her overpowered, hear me out.  Even with out having to take IFHE, the Abruzzi would still have a 2% worse chance than the Shchors, and even with a buffed RoF, the Abruzzi's DPM would still be almost identical, *slightly worse actually* to the Shchors.  This would make the Abruzzi's firepower competitive with the other Tier 7 cruisers with out making her OP or overly reliant on gimmicks.  This would also have the added benefit of making her more marketable to players who have never played Italian ships before as she does not need a high level captain to be competitive.

I second this and maybe give the Duca 1/4 He pen but keep the RoF the same I like brawling in my Duca because of the high muzzle velocity and great AP pen at close range plus I treat it as if It still had the 4.5km range torpedos

SparvieroVV    673
41 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Sorry if we disappointed anyone but no word yet on the Roma. Please keep checking the news portal for the latest announcements and updates. The Roma should be coming soon but we don't have any information on specifically when that will be. Good luck on the high seas and Quartieri Generali! Stazioni di battaglia!

It seems that a simple message that all January calendar items are on hold until the end of DoY Campaign/Santa crates are done would be that hard to accomplish? 

yashma    569
25 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

I second this and maybe give the Duca 1/4 He pen but keep the RoF the same I like brawling in my Duca because of the high muzzle velocity and great AP pen at close range plus I treat it as if It still had the 4.5km range torpedos

I'd take the 1/4 pen, but with out the RoF buff her fire power is just too lacking.  For example, just compare her to the Shchors

Fire Chance* Rounds Per Minute DPM
Shchors 12% 96 211,200
Abruzzi (current) 7% 80 168,000
Abruzzi (1/4 pen) 10% 80 168,000
Abruzzi (1/4 pen + RoF buff) 10% 100 210,000

*Assuming optimal captain builds with IFHE + DE/flags as needed 

With out the RoF buff the Abruzzi's DPM is lagging significantly behind the Shchors, and even with the added benefit of not having to take IFHE, the Abruzzi is still spitting out fewer shells with a lower individual fire chance.  Buffing her RoF makes her very comparable to Shchors.  All told slightly worse at starting fires and slightly worse DPM, but still all around competitive.  I really don't think this would make the Abruzzi over powered, and it would make her a far more viable ship at Tier 7.  The same buffs could also be applied to the Aosta as well.

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 2

4 minutes ago, yashma said:

I'd take the 1/4 pen, but with out the RoF buff her fire power is just too lacking.  For example, just compare her to the Shchors

Fire Chance* Rounds Per Minute DPM
Shchors 12% 96 211,200
Abruzzi (current) 7% 80 168,000
Abruzzi (1/4 pen) 10% 80 168,000
Abruzzi (1/4 pen + RoF buff) 10% 100 210,000

*Assuming optimal captain builds with IFHE + DE/flags as needed 

With out the RoF buff the Abruzzi's DPM is lagging significantly behind the Shchors, and even with the added benefit of not having to take IFHE, the Abruzzi is still spitting out fewer shells with a lower individual fire chance.  Buffing her RoF makes her very comparable to Shchors.  All told slightly worse at starting fires and slightly worse DPM, but still all around competitive.  I really don't think this would make the Abruzzi over powered, and is would make her a far more viable ship at Tier 7.  The same buffs could also be applied to the Aosta as well.

ohh sorry for the misunderstanding by the Duca I meant the tier VI not the Abruzzi I think the tier VI Duca is fine with just the 1/4 HE pen and no RoF buff the Abruzzi Needs both to be competitive.

SparvieroVV    673

Both ships are named after dukes. Is it really that hard to say d'Aosta? The Abruzzi class had a nominal rate of fire of 5 rpm, the ship is already buffed to 7.5 rpm. I don't know of any ship that has had RoF buffed 100%? Attempting to balance around a near 1 for 1 dpm balance with Schors is a non-starter. Especially given the engagement profiles of the two ships are completely different.

SFM_Hobb3s    6
1 hour ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

A letdown, but thank you for telling us what you could.  We were under the impression that the stats were finalized on this ship and that its release was imminent.  I would still recommend you take it entirely off January's calendar.  

Dr_Venture    1,619
2 hours ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

I like you, you actually talk to us.

Your marketing department really needs to stop getting the playerbases's hopes up...this is getting a bit old when the tease release then never follow through.

"Why chase a girl who doesn't wanna get caught."