Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FitsHeSits

New to Missouri?

17 comments in this topic

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
967 posts
14,188 battles

There's a noticeable increase in Missouri's lately, myself included.

Iowa was NOT my strongest ship by any means and I couldn't sell her fast enough to get Montana...but I didn't HATE it, and the long term plan was to get the Mighty Mo anyway. Point being, a lot of people like myself probably never bothered to "git gud" at Iowa play so learning Missouri has proven a bit awkward at times and it wasn't easy.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a captain build that finally clicked with me, and to point out it's the speed of Missouri that got me into lots of trouble in my first several matches. You're not a DD, there's no rush. Push in to support with an escape plan in mind. Also, Missouri gets a lot more focus than other BBs, which can be a shock at first.

We have tons of FreeXP going around from the crates/camos/flags/XP conversion etc. so naturally there's going to be more Missouri drivers. It's one of the most powerful ships in the game so instead of blasting new players in chat and on the forum, give them some hints on here or in chat. *MOST* people I find are open to advice as long as it's constructive. We dropped 750K freeXP on the thing so we WANT to get the most out of it. It's unlike ALL my other BB captain builds and playstyles, so it's understandable why people Potato for quite a while.

People are harsh in their judgement of Missouri drivers, I hope this helps someone. 

Happy hunting :)

Also, on a side note, I'm *ALWAYS* losing turrets in this ship. Almost every match so far, so that's why I dropped auxiliary protection.

This captain was built with ALL my USN premium ships in mind (except SIMS), and I will be training another captain then just for my Montana as I want to put Mr. Seagal on my DM when I unlock it.

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Edited by HeathenForay

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Personally I go with:
Priority Target
High Alert
Adrenaline Rush
Basics of Survivability
Basic Fire Training
Fire Prevention
Concealment Expert

I use premium consumables for extra charges, so I can use the Superintendent points elsewhere. I almost never find that I really, really wish I had one more charge on top of what premiums give. 

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,130 battles

I honestly don't think you are getting the most out of your commander by having him training for all your premium USN ship classes.  Specialize this one for BB duty and I believe you will get much more out of him in return.  I personally aim to have a 19-point commander for each class of each nation by T10.

• Cool 1

[T3I0F]
[T3I0F]
Members
309 posts
10,957 battles

Welp, at least you have Missouri, my highest ships at Scharnhorst and Colorado and had a max of 6,000 free xp at one time. Needless to say I ain't getting her anytime soon.

But by God's grace or something related, if I did get her, build all durability. Do all 8 skills in the endurance category first, you can then move onto the other categories.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
967 posts
14,188 battles
40 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I honestly don't think you are getting the most out of your commander by having him training for all your premium USN ship classes.  Specialize this one for BB duty and I believe you will get much more out of him in return.  I personally aim to have a 19-point commander for each class of each nation by T10.

I only have one 19 point USN captain, so i want to grind as many daily wins with him as I can. It's primarily for the Missouri, but if it's comfortable in other premiums as well then I feel I'm doing ok. 

10 minutes ago, XX_Emeraldking_XX said:

Welp, at least you have Missouri, my highest ships at Scharnhorst and Colorado and had a max of 6,000 free xp at one time. Needless to say I ain't getting her anytime soon.

But by God's grace or something related, if I did get her, build all durability. Do all 8 skills in the endurance category first, you can then move onto the other categories.

Seagal has been respec'd more times than I like to admit, and this is where I've arrived.  Learning to use the stealth compensates for a complete tank build imo. Also I've noticed (having run both AFT and BFT separately) BFT gives more of that "AA Wall" effect that CV players hit and pull back from and the concentration of fire prevents a lot of drops from happening. Any damage reduction is good damage reduction.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,130 battles
2 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

This is my build that I particularly like: http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000100010100001000100000119

image.thumb.png.255c2d35431155ed16759dd0c36191d2.png

My 19 point build is very similar, except that I trade BoS for Vigilance (when hunting DD's with radar) and fire prevention for AFT (I like the added AA with the seemingly increasing CV population, but her stealth usually allows me to stay out of any high risk situations that may get me otherwise burned to the ground).

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

My 19 point build is very similar, except that I trade BoS for Vigilance (when hunting DD's with radar) and fire prevention for AFT (I like the added AA with the seemingly increasing CV population, but her stealth usually allows me to stay out of any high risk situations that may get me otherwise burned to the ground).

I've found that with the fire flag, damage control mod 2, and this build that you are very tanky - your fires last ~37 seconds or so and you can do a lot more pushing without getting wrecked by fires.  Though you are right that the CV population is increasing..

That being said I never really division with CVs so that's less useful to me. BoS vs Vig is a wash imo and more about what you prefer, I don't think you can really go wrong there.

[TAFY3]
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
460 posts
12,706 battles

Priority target is a waste of points.  You are a BB everyone will shoot you.

Superintendent can easily be replaced with Premium consumables.  It seems like a good choice, but I prefer Basics of Survivability.

Get rid of Priority Target, Preventative Maintenance, and Adrenaline Rush, and take Fire Prevention instead.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Members
1,866 posts
3 minutes ago, SluggerJackson said:

Superintendent can easily be replaced with Premium consumables.  It seems like a good choice, but I prefer Basics of Survivability.

Get rid of Priority Target, Preventative Maintenance, and Adrenaline Rush, and take Fire Prevention instead.

Priority Target: no

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
11,692 battles

Judging by the viewer number on this forum as well as subscriber number on wows reddit. 99% of the player base either don't care enough or has no idea about the forums.

WG, since they added UI elements linking to websites, really should take a lesson from Valve and make a tab for player contributed guides. The highest voted will be displayed in game UI, even if it's just like their "news" tab, a link to an out of game source.

Based on their profit model, it's even probably best for WG to keep 99% of the players in the dark about all the things. So premium time and flags are more attractive.

Edited by NeutralState

Beta Testers
434 posts
35 minutes ago, SluggerJackson said:

Adrenaline Rush is the single best skill in the game.

[YK]
Members
2,238 posts
11,324 battles
Spoiler

H3WBAhM.png

That's the skill tree I run on my Montana, Missouri and Alabama.

Funny, its the exact same as my Des moines, Atlanta and Indianapolis but with HA instead of JoAL.

Alpha Tester
1,247 posts
4,975 battles
1 hour ago, SluggerJackson said:

I can agree with Priority target. I always assumed I'm being shot at when I'm spotted. I run superintendent as I'd rather save my premium consumables for ranked or clan battles and I've recently switched from fire prevention to adrenaline rush. I don't regret that decision at all. The -10% chance of fire per shell doesn't mean much when there are so many HE shells flying through the air. You're going to be set on fire regardless. Basics of Survivability seems to be a better, cheaper skill.  I may go back to it some day (I'm only running a 16 point captain at the moment), but given my play style Manual Fire Control for Secondaries would probably be better suited for me. Running into destroyers is a guarantee, CVs not so much and it already has good AA.

shot-18.01.11_12.50.18-0376.jpg

shot-18.01.11_12.57.13-0699.jpg

[VANN]
[VANN]
Members
965 posts
6,096 battles
7 hours ago, enderland07 said:

This is my build that I particularly like: http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000100010100001000100000119

image.thumb.png.255c2d35431155ed16759dd0c36191d2.png

This is very close to my build for Steven Seagal, as well (who is my high tier USN BB captain).  I trade BoS for BFT, but otherwise it is the same.

I don't personally agree with folks who think that Priority Target is worthless in ALL BB's.  I don't run it on the Germans, where you won't usually take catastrophic hits when you make a turn and have to show some side.  But on the other lines with more vulnerable side armor schemes, like high tier USN BB's, it can be valuable in timing your turns appropriately (I am not a stationary bow-tanker).

Edited by delp5117
  • Cool 1

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
967 posts
14,188 battles
2 hours ago, delp5117 said:

This is very close to my build for Steven Seagal, as well (who is my high tier USN BB captain).  I trade BoS for BFT, but otherwise it is the same.

I don't personally agree with folks who think that Priority Target is worthless in ALL BB's.  I don't run in on the Germans, where you won't usually take catastrophic hits when you make a turn and have to show some side.  But on the other lines with more vulnerable side armor schemes, like high tier USN BB's, it can be valuable in timing your turns appropriately (I am not a stationary bow-tanker).

I enjoy Priority Target on BBs that don't have a plane or hydro. Not necessary, but nice.

Members
92 posts
4,769 battles

Priority Target is useful for letting me know when I have a window to swing the aft out and get a third turret on target. When I see the numbers start going up, I know to nose in. It's just one point, and it makes it a lot safer to get more guns on target - good for credits, good for the team. 

Sign in to follow this