You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SubW3

Conduct in chat

45 comments in this topic

NeutralState    420
6 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

I think you should learn really quickly all because you put money into this game doesn't make you a privileged player. I'd throw games if I knew there was a privileged player that talks like that on my team.

E: If there is a privileged player on the red team I'd put in 150% effort to see their team sleep with the fishes.

That's not the point. The point is, in a team vs team based game, there is some human decency involved. No one should queue into a match to screw over other people. It's basic decency.

Radar_X    235

We do take action on reports about chat.  Smack or Trash talk (see definitions from Kelly in the show The Office) is allowed but it needs to remain somewhat civil.  

Sere_Pj    25

Nice to know there is another decent Clan out there also SubW3, thanks for that. We are also of the same code of conduct, and do put up with a lot of fowl mouthed players in Ranked as well took a beating in the CB's, That was the worst I have ever seen in this game.

Keep it up Sub,

Sere_Pj [SMI-1] Sea Mongerz Inc.

9 hours ago, aAkula said:

Some people are just not built for the internet, go back to your life underwater, wouldn't want to offend your moral compass. 

Some people are just not built for real life so they act big on the internet.

Edited by CaptainTeddybear
  • Cool 2

TheBlackWind    119

Just an addendum. Since this seems to be about ranked, don't "learn" ships in ranked. Learn ships in Coop. That sorta goes for Random too. If you feel you don't know how to play a class yet, like CV, practice in coop first! 

And PLEASE do not bring a weak ship into ranked, just because it's what you are grinding. You might get yelled at for deliberately sabotaging the team. You're there to win, not grind ships. Random is grinding. 

Skpstr    1,545
2 hours ago, NeutralState said:

No one should queue into a match to screw over other people. It's basic decency.

Nobody but a griefer does that. If people queue up that think they know how to win, but are just plain wrong, oh well....

I know we discuss the rights and wrongs of various things here, but really, at the end of the day, you have 2 choices: you can suffer the slings and arrows of being cursed at, having horrible teammates, wasting your money, etc., or by quitting the game, end them. Which is nobler is completely up to you.

If you want basic decency, look elsewhere. As many have implied, it doesn't exist on the internet.

Edited by Skpstr

SubW3    12
3 hours ago, sbcptnitro said:

Just saying, it's not going to get better cause you made a forum post about it. Ranked is evil. That's just how it is.

I know that by posting about this, that it would not get better, not nearly that naive.  But I will say thanks for doing your homework.  I know my stats suck and if I make it to 9, I will have achieved this season's goal.  I am at the max of my skills and abilities at this time.  But I am not willing to take "That's just how it is."  Never have.  If you want change, you must initiate it or it will never change.  

4 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Now why would you tell us our true character is defined by what we do when no one is watching, and then judge eAkula's character by what he does when others are watching? Sounds hypocritical.

I am by no means judging anyone.  I offered observations and if I sounded hypocritical, I will apologize to aAkula.  I am not beyond admitting my mistakes and my weaknesses.  If I am to be better as a human, I must be able to honestly evaluate myself and try to correct my own character defects.

Edited by SubW3
spelling

Turbotush    161
6 hours ago, sbcptnitro said:

This!

Just guessing, but it appears you have just reached rank 10. That means you are playing the Second League now (ranks 6 - 10).

The overall play is better in this league, so you will be expected to contribute more, and just going by your ranked play stats (don't take this as an insult) you will be outplayed a lot. This will make your own teammates very unhappy. I'm not condoning it, I just guessing after 200 ranked games, this is what brought you to the forums to vent about it.

I got called out for making a bone-headed move the other day in ranked. I didn't like it, but he wasn't wrong. I had played the entire game nearly flawless, ended up with top base XP of 2600, but derped at the end, beached myself and died to torps. Almost cost us the game. There just isn't much room for error.

Just saying, it's not going to get better cause you made a forum post about it. Ranked is evil. That's just how it is.

Rank 4 now, and the chat dose not really bother me, stat [edited] on the other hand.......

dmckay    454

Don't chat.  Don't enable it. I LIKE chat ........for what I learn about perverse stuff that gonna happen to Mamma, sister, me...etc. Who are all now dead now  and gone. It's a foolish gripe IMO.  By no attention.  Simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GuntherPrein    66
18 hours ago, Judge_Doom said:

Not trying to pick a fight here, but your comment is just, well, its more a part of the problem than part of a fix, and I am not saying there is a fix for the chat issues that take place.

Just because it is the internet is suppose to be justification for how people act?  Recommending that someone basically go stick their head in the sand is a way to address an issue?  So it is okay to be immoral, why, because it is the internet?

Not saying that what the OP has stated is totally correct or totally wrong, yet there is definitely and issue out here in game with the way some individuals do act or what they say.  Condoning something because of the type of venue that it takes place on does not help relieve the problem, that is not a cure or a fix, it is helping the issue get worse, not better.

Being part of the problem and not part of the cure is not very helpful.  Granted, the best way to avoid being offended in chat or by chat is to simply turn chat off or to ignore it.  However, if someone cannot do that then the next best alternative if someone is truly offended by what someone else has said in chat, they should take screen shots of it and report the person, send in a ticket and let WG deal with it.  Frankly, no matter what the venue is and whether or not it is the 'internet', there is no place for some of the things others say in chat.

Will say this to the OP, remember this simple fact, people do what they do and say what they say because they assume they are anonymous and in real life it is highly doubtful that they would ever muster up enough guts to say what they say to anyone's face.  In game chat gives cowards the ability to act out and be something they would never be face to face in real life.

lool I would say the same thing to your face as I would online anyday , if words on the internet bother you don't ever get a job rofl

Snargfargle    1,248
58 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

conduct in chat is fine.  game play is not fine, due to the fact WG does nothing to punish the shitters and mouth breathers that mess up gameplay.  maybe attitudes would improve if WG would filter some of these garbage players down to co-op.  

And you hide your stats why? It's hard to know what you consider a "garbage player" if you don't reveal anything about your own gameplay.

Snargfargle    1,248
1 hour ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

shitters and mouth breathers
these mental midgets
idiot dd players
the truth hurts your mom more than it hurts you
attract poor neckbeards and mouth breathers
I always report the bottom experience earner on my team
triggering snowflakes is my specialty

Oh, I see, you are a flamer and a troll.

Willy55_1955    21
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Oh, I see, you are a flamer and a troll.

It would appear he is a crap player who knows that when he flames someone his stats will be looked at and flung back in his face.

I think the very first thing any person on the internet should understand is that they aren't special. No one, not your mom, is going to make you some easy Mac. If you suck people will inform you of such, happens to me ALL THE TIME, shrug it off and try/get better.

Nachoo31    317
On 1/11/2018 at 5:02 AM, aAkula said:

Some people are just not built for the internet, go back to your life underwater, wouldn't want to offend your moral compass. 

OH no he is "Salty" because he had a 50% win rate with his matches last night.