Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

was juilius casear on a fat discount?

13 comments in this topic

Members
828 posts
6,368 battles

i jsut realized today that the tier 5 italy BB is grossly OP. was it on a fat discount during the holidays? what % was it off? I feel losing money now if i bought it =/

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,093 battles

As a T5... my guess would be 50% off in doubloons.

[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,682 battles
5 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

i jsut realized today that the tier 5 italy BB is grossly OP. was it on a fat discount during the holidays? what % was it off? I feel losing money now if i bought it =/

2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

As a T5... my guess would be 50% off in doubloons.

Yes, it was 50 per cent off until yesterday. 

It is still op. 

Members
828 posts
6,368 battles
11 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Yes, it was 50 per cent off until yesterday. 

It is still op. 

OH F MY LIFE!

[VANN]
[VANN]
Members
965 posts
6,126 battles

Sorry to rub salt in the would, but it was worth every half-off doubloon I spent!  I personally find it a lot more fun to play than the Nikolai.  If it comes back on sale again, you should grab it (if you like to play BB's)...

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts
22 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

It was also given away in quantity as a gift to inactive players.....

The player numbers seem to show it was a success....:Smile_teethhappy:

GXzWpJN.png

Beta Testers
271 posts
8,188 battles
34 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

Sorry to rub salt in the would, but it was worth every half-off doubloon I spent!  I personally find it a lot more fun to play than the Nikolai.  If it comes back on sale again, you should grab it (if you like to play BB's)...

I agree that the Giulio Cesare was worth getting and at 50% off just made it that much more appealing. I was going to just chance on getting it in a Christmas Box till I saw it wasn't in any of them unless you got super lucky. I missed the chance to get it when it was first released and was happy to see it for sale again during the holidays. 

Members
1,726 posts
14,962 battles

Picked it up with my Ranked doubloons. I know a few other people who did too. Pretty nifty little ship, though it suffers from the same nonsensical salvos as all the low tier BBs. Of course, if it shot like a high tier BB, it would be the most broken ship in the game, so I supposed that's a fair trade off.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,138 posts
30,896 battles

To be fair, the ship is squishy for a BB, even for a Tier V BB.  But if you know how to milk survival in a BB, it's freaking amazing.  Only things you should fear are properly played DDs and air attack.  And 15"+ guns :cap_cool:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
65 posts
753 battles

Yes, I had only played briefly in the past with a few tier 2 & 3 ships and then they dropped this ship, a bunch of credits, a bunch of flags, and such in my email so I got drawn back in, success on their campaign. I now have mostly tier 4-6 tier ships and slowly learning the ins and outs of the game and getting into the battle. I can't seem to do diddly squat with DD's and cruisers and do decent with BB's as long as I remember to stay out of up close fighting but I seem to have a knack for the CCV and really getting into those so I guess that is my path. :)

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

It was also given away in quantity as a gift to inactive players.....

The player numbers seem to show it was a success....:Smile_teethhappy:

GXzWpJN.png

Given away and some.  I hadn't played in months and I am now playing a few hours every day and have spent about $50 since.  Well played WG, well played.

Spoiler

LtoptEJ.png

Edited by galspanic

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,651 battles
1 hour ago, delp5117 said:

It's still in the tech tree just not half off.  I think that it's worth its full price in doubloons.  It's a damn fine and fun BB to play.

Sign in to follow this