Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

If you could add one new tech tree...

15 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

So we have the Japanese, American, British, German, French, Russian, and Pan-Asian trees in the game, with smaller (for now) premium trees planted for the Italians, Commonwealth, and the Polish. Other than those nations/groups, what new tech tree would you most like to see added to the game? Either as a Tier I-X tree (like the Japanese, etc) or a collection of notable premiums (like the Commonwealth is shaping up as at the moment).

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,087 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

So we have the Japanese, American, British, German, French, Russian, and Pan-Asian trees in the game, with smaller (for now) premium trees planted for the Italians, Commonwealth, and the Polish. Other than those nations/groups, what new tech tree would you most like to see added to the game? Either as a Tier I-X tree (like the Japanese, etc) or a collection of notable premiums (like the Commonwealth is shaping up as at the moment).

Oh nice, pushing it on, well played.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Not sure which nation I'd like to see, but I think M8i should be in charge of ship selection.....

• Funny 3

Members
698 posts
1,081 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Not sure which nation I'd like to see, but I think M8i should be in charge of ship selection.....

I concur, M8i selects the ships. Space Martians would be great, 18.1 inch guns have nothing on phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range.

[COB45]
Members
1,011 posts
3,472 battles

a scandinavian tech tree like what the pan-asian's have would be not only cool but full of unique ships like all the coastal defence ships sweden have(they would be similar to the graf spee)they have enough ships to make a I-X tree but a premium tree with suffice.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Definitely a Ugandan tech tree. 

Okay, but seriously, I'm not sure what's left if we're saying everything with even one premium is off the table. 

If we were just talking 1 to 10 trees, then I'd want Italian next. 

[COB45]
Members
1,011 posts
3,472 battles
Just now, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

South American, similar to Pan Asian, perhaps?

agreed with the introduction of the pan-asian tree it has opened up a lot more options for new trees plus the brizilian battleship with the 14 12in gun broadside would be fun

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Seconded.

How about the Turkish Navy? Couple of interesting ships there at least, maybe enough for a whole tree.

Members
42 posts
9,935 battles

Other than Commonwealth, is there really any other nations left? I'm fairly certain that most have already been done. Only other ones I can even think of are maybe South American naval units (Brazil, Chile, etc.)?

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
822 posts
17,499 battles

In all seriousness Austria Hungary from World War 1 they would have Premiums much like the Commonwealth 

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles
12 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Oh nice, pushing it on, well played.

Haha, maybe, though this is semi straight-faced as I’m genuinely curious about what other lines are left out there. 

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
6,263 battles
16 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

stalin-ugoraet_62535391_orig_.jpeg

Implied Caption: I find this thought so disturbing, I can't even caption my meme.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,075 posts
29,294 battles

I support a pan-American tree for the large South American navies. I don't think it would be a true tree because there were three major nations each buying a dreadnought here, a dreadnought there, so there is no clear evolution of design as there is for Britain, US, Japan, etc. But there is potential for multiple hull and/or module upgrades, because some of these dreadnoughts were bought in or just prior to the First World War and continued serving until well after the second, which would imply non-premium ships in many cases. It is also worth pointing out that a large proportion of them were original designs bought and delivered straight from the major-power dockyards, rather than being obtained as hand-me-downs from larger navies (which is what the majority of the Pan-Asian DD's are).

It would create an interesting precedent to have a collection of ships at various tiers which were not premiums, but it might add spice to the game.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this