You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Super_Splash_Bro

[In Game] Cleveland BBQ - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

48 comments in this topic

Captains!

It's time for a winter barbecue! This is a in-game competition where you can win a US destroyer or doubloons and a port slot. In order to win, you have to get at least one (1) Arsonist Achievement and as many Set On Fire Ribbons as you can during the contest duration in USS Cleveland.

Here are the guidelines. 

Start Time: Friday January 12th 4:00 PM Pacific

End Time: Sunday January 14th 3:59 PM Pacific

Ship: TIER VI USS CLEVELAND

Win Conditions: You must get at least ONE (1) ARSONIST ACHIEVEMENT and HIGHEST AMOUNT OF SET ON FIRE RIBBONS in PvP/Randoms at the end of the contest. 

This is open to NA Server Players only.

Prize: 

Top 5 Scores: 1 Sims w/Port Slot

Places 6-10: 300 Doubloons and 1 Port Slot

Good luck!

Here are your Top 10 Winners:

image.png

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who participated!

BrushWolf    1,469

Even spamming nothing but HE Arsonist is one of the harder achievements to get. Did you look at how often people are getting that one before setting the requirements?

JCC45    1,060

Like HE spam wasn't bad enough already.  Guess I'll play Cold Waters this weekend.

SuperNikoPower    4,474
16 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Even spamming nothing but HE Arsonist is one of the harder achievements to get. Did you look at how often people are getting that one before setting the requirements?

Yes we did. We also noticed the last time we ran with Arsonist, over 3000 people got that achievement and 750 got multiple. 

SuperNikoPower    4,474
3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Like HE spam wasn't bad enough already.  Guess I'll play Cold Waters this weekend.

You could also continue to play World of Warships as this contest is only promoted here in the forums and won't have THAT much impact on the game as a whole. 

Kapitan_Wuff    1,249

How many fire ribbons did the winner get last time... curious of how high the bar is.

JCC45    1,060
27 minutes ago, SuperNikoPower said:

You could also continue to play World of Warships as this contest is only promoted here in the forums and won't have THAT much impact on the game as a whole. 

Fair enough.  But the first time I see 9 Cleves and 3 Orions in a queue I am outta there...

Stealth bookmark for potential "I told you so" post...

Edited by JCC45
  • Funny 1

mofton    957

Do you need to submit replays (boo) or screenshots or anything?

AJTP89    182

HeHe. It's going to be BB BBQ time this weekend. Cleveland is glorious.

Edgecase    820
2 hours ago, SuperNikoPower said:

If anything, it'll hopefully offset the obscene number of battleships and destroyers in the queue trying to finish the North Cape and New Year's Raid campaigns. I approve of this timing.

However, I don't approve of the "total over the entire weekend" metric. It makes every contest into a no-lifer battle to see who can sleep least.

Edited by Edgecase

SuperNikoPower    4,474
2 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Fair enough.  But the first time I see 9 Cleves and 3 Orions in a queue I am outta there...

Stealth bookmark for potential "I told you so" post...

Completely understood.

1 hour ago, mofton said:

Do you need to submit replays (boo) or screenshots or anything?

Nope, just get in and play. We gather the data at the end. 

3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

If anything, it'll hopefully offset the obscene number of battleships and destroyers in the queue trying to finish the North Cape and New Year's Raid campaigns. I approve of this timing.

It is possible. 

Celandri    0

woot sadly im still lvling the stupid phoenix, i guess premium day so i can go thru phoenix and omeha as i was going for cleveland anways.

BrushWolf    1,469
19 hours ago, SuperNikoPower said:

Yes we did. We also noticed the last time we ran with Arsonist, over 3000 people got that achievement and 750 got multiple. 

That is good but the other issue is having to grind a single ship match after match which is the main reason I play so little Ranked.

On 1/10/2018 at 11:09 AM, BrushWolf said:

Yes, Niko and I did. Is it challenging? Yes, but it can be done. Thanks for the question and your feedback.

21 hours ago, Warmachine30 said:

*Salivates*

You like this contest Warmachine? Good luck to you and all the participants. Just one question folks... who's bringing the marshmallows for dessert?stay-puft-marshmallows-stretched-thumb-9

• Cool 1

BrushWolf    1,469
4 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Yes, Niko and I did. Is it challenging? Yes, but it can be done. Thanks for the question and your feedback.

Thanks to both you and Niko for responding but as I said in my post just above yours the insane amount of grinding the same ship match after match is painful, I like to experience different flavors.

Zhoyzu    481

is the contest recorded server side or am i required to acquire screenshots or jump through hoops to enable replays?

Apewar    32
On 1/10/2018 at 5:00 PM, SuperNikoPower said:

Completely understood.

It is possible. 

8 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

is the contest recorded server side or am i required to acquire screenshots or jump through hoops to enable replays?

• Cool 1

Crokodone    38
1 hour ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

This contest is gonna be hard on skippers running IFHE. I have an Atlanta captain I use in my Cleveland; respeccing a 19pt captain is pretty expensive since this is about fires, not damage.

Sabot_100    126
On 1/10/2018 at 11:55 AM, JCC45 said:

But the first time I see 9 Cleves and 3 Orions in a queue I am outta there...

Somebodies got to do a lot of fail-divisions to get Orions into a match with Clevelands. :cap_haloween: