You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Super_Splash_Bro

[In Game] Cleveland BBQ - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

48 comments in this topic

[CVA16] Sabot_100 135
1,308 posts
7,854 battles
2 hours ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Nope, just get in and play. We gather the data at the end. 

So the entire playerbase (that plays Clevelands) is in on the competition whether they know it or not?

[FOXEH] JCC45 1,122
2,413 posts
4,356 battles
15 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Somebodies got to do a lot of fail-divisions to get Orions into a match with Clevelands. :cap_haloween:

You are right.  I should have written "Mega-Orions" (Iron Duke).

[CVA16] Sabot_100 135
1,308 posts
7,854 battles
3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

You are right.  I should have written "Mega-Orions" (Iron Duke).

Still a fail-division which MM will "reward" by putting them in a match with tier 8s. MM has obviously been programmed with some sadistic algorithms.

[FOXEH] JCC45 1,122
2,413 posts
4,356 battles

How is a tier V BB and tier VI CL a fail division?  Tier V BBs see tier VI cruisers all the time (not to mention tier VII)

[SYN] mofton 1,050
5,163 posts
7,507 battles
53 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

How is a tier V BB and tier VI CL a fail division?  Tier V BBs see tier VI cruisers all the time (not to mention tier VII)

Because the MM will read your T5/T6 division as 2 T6 ships so your team will be down one ship tier.

Then you'll get T8 matchmaking and be bringing a New York along to meet the North Carolinas.

Divisioning with a tier down is almost always fail divisioning, unless you exploit CV matchmaking, or in scenarios where for instance Fletcher is better than Gearing so divisioning a Montana with a Fletcher is passable.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH] JCC45 1,122
2,413 posts
4,356 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

Because the MM will read your T5/T6 division as 2 T6 ships so your team will be down one ship tier.

Then you'll get T8 matchmaking and be bringing a New York along to meet the North Carolinas.

Divisioning with a tier down is almost always fail divisioning, unless you exploit CV matchmaking, or in scenarios where for instance Fletcher is better than Gearing so divisioning a Montana with a Fletcher is passable.

OK.. I'll try again.  Who the hell said anything about divisions?  It sure wasn't me.

My only point was with the amount of HE Fire Spam already in the game WG encouraging it seems a bit strange.

Someone else was blathering on about divisions.

[GWG] BrushWolf 1,565
In AlfaTesters
9,864 posts
6,589 battles

It figures, got an Arsonist but of course it wasn't in the Cleveland. I wasn't going to get this anyway because I don't play the same ship match after match.

2,468 posts
5,426 battles

Play the Cleveland countless times to get a Simms? Nah I've pulled out enough hair between ranked, campaigns and trying to get enough FXP for the Missouri.

2,468 posts
5,426 battles
23 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Somebodies got to do a lot of fail-divisions to get Orions into a match with Clevelands

I don't know. Might be a good time to load up a good tier 6 BB and go Cleveland hunting especially since they don't have torps.

[WAIFU] SireneRacker 1,536
6,171 posts
5,434 battles

Just to make sure, you guys will pull the data from your end again? Or shall I prepare screenshots?

[AWP] Atom_Alchemist 150
826 posts
6,207 battles
On 1/10/2018 at 11:02 AM, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Captains!

It's time for a winter barbecue! This is a in-game competition where you can win a US destroyer or doubloons and a port slot. In order to win, you have to get at least one (1) Arsonist Achievement and as many Set On Fire Ribbons as you can during the contest duration in USS Cleveland.

Here are the guidelines. 

Start Time: Friday January 12th 4:00 PM Pacific

End Time: Sunday January 14th 3:59 PM Pacific

Ship: TIER VI USS CLEVELAND

Win Conditions: You must get at least ONE (1) ARSONIST ACHIEVEMENT and HIGHEST AMOUNT OF SET ON FIRE RIBBONS in PvP/Randoms at the end of the contest. 

This is open to NA Server Players only.

Prize: 

Top 5 Scores: 1 Sims w/Port Slot

Places 6-10: 300 Doubloons and 1 Port Slot

Good luck!

fyi the color of your text is damn near impossible to read with the dark theme...

[AWP] Atom_Alchemist 150
826 posts
6,207 battles
On 1/10/2018 at 11:02 AM, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Captains!

It's time for a winter barbecue! This is a in-game competition where you can win a US destroyer or doubloons and a port slot. In order to win, you have to get at least one (1) Arsonist Achievement and as many Set On Fire Ribbons as you can during the contest duration in USS Cleveland.

Here are the guidelines. 

Start Time: Friday January 12th 4:00 PM Pacific

End Time: Sunday January 14th 3:59 PM Pacific

Ship: TIER VI USS CLEVELAND

Win Conditions: You must get at least ONE (1) ARSONIST ACHIEVEMENT and HIGHEST AMOUNT OF SET ON FIRE RIBBONS in PvP/Randoms at the end of the contest. 

This is open to NA Server Players only.

Prize: 

Top 5 Scores: 1 Sims w/Port Slot

Places 6-10: 300 Doubloons and 1 Port Slot

Good luck!

Also I'd really wish these in game contests were posted on the launcher, i've been playing like mad to ger my duke, and haven't been on teh forum much so i JUST now saw this contest.

515 posts
12,921 battles

Damn...missed it.

Would have been able to skip all those BB/DD only tasks & just kept repeating the ones you can do in a any ship w/Cleve & possibly gotten myself a Simms &/or doubs & a slot at the same time...considering I was more interested in the slots than the DoY from these events (although now that I've got it it's not a bad little ship...sure made it easy to go hunt down the CV in a match earlier despite all the planes that he was sending at just me...wait a minute...what planes...nvrmnd) but my 19 point Gearing captain would have loved a new 1st win bonus farm.

[MIA-I] vonKaiser 659
2,403 posts
4,109 battles

Doubt I'm anywhere close to winning on this but congrats to those who might.  Think my best was Arsonist and 15 fires set.  Arsonist award isn't something I get too often sadly lol

*Edit after winners*  Wow I totally read that wrong and figured it was in one game, not cumulative :cap_fainting:

Edited by vonKaiser

228 posts
3,184 battles
On 1/14/2018 at 7:02 AM, SireneRacker said:

Just to make sure, you guys will pull the data from your end again? Or shall I prepare screenshots?

Yes, you are correct. No screenshots necessary, we will pull the data and then notify the winners.

3,426 posts
7,476 battles

I recognize one name on that list and have played a game or two with him...

...congrats, Jnobsir!

• Cool 1

[12-AF] senseNOTmade 170
346 posts
3,598 battles

Yay! Thanks so much for the contest, Super_Splash, and a big, big, BIG contratz to Jnobsir for getting first place!

I knew I should have dumped IFHE for the weekend...

• Cool 1

228 posts
3,184 battles
3 hours ago, senseNOTmade said:

Yay! Thanks so much for the contest, Super_Splash, and a big, big, BIG contratz to Jnobsir for getting first place!

I knew I should have dumped IFHE for the weekend...

You're welcome sense. Have you checked your account yet?

[-K-] Lord_Zath 1,287
Members, Supertester
4,009 posts
13,041 battles

Congrats to the winners!!!

• Cool 1

[-K-] Lord_Zath 1,287
Members, Supertester
4,009 posts
13,041 battles

Congrats to the winners!!!

[12-AF] senseNOTmade 170
346 posts
3,598 battles
19 hours ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

You're welcome sense. Have you checked your account yet?

Yes! And I'm loving this ship! I had gotten up to the benson in the main USN DD line, but never did very well with it and so it's just been sitting in my port. Getting the Sims has inspired me to revisit the line- somehow I feel more confident in this premium.

[HINON] Jnobsir 331
1,370 posts
12,713 battles

Sweet! Thanks! 

• Cool 1