You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Thraxian

Is the Enterprise worth buying while it's on sale?

15 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
741 posts
6,596 battles

While I don't play CV's in randoms, I do dabble with them in co-op. I have a ton of doubloons from Santa crates and I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy her while she's still on sale, just to have her...

Who knows, maybe I'll become a CV main....   :cap_book:

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,946 posts

It's a fun ship and you can blunt force the air war against any other ship except another Enterprise.

Beta Testers
8,779 posts
14,394 battles
1 hour ago, Thraxian said:

just to have her...

The question isn't whether you should buy her when she is on sale; the question is whether you want her or not. If you don't, the sale doesn't matter; but if you do, then the time is right!

Good luck with your new ship.

Members
6,750 posts
8,471 battles
1 hour ago, Thraxian said:

While I don't play CV's in randoms, I do dabble with them in co-op. I have a ton of doubloons from Santa crates and I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy her while she's still on sale, just to have her...

Considering you won't be bombing me, then yes Enterprise seems to be a very good choice.

Members
6,750 posts
8,471 battles
33 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

It's a fun ship and you can blunt force the air war against any other ship except another Enterprise.

Well Kaga has endless planes as well lol

[NEMO]
Members
741 posts
6,596 battles

Thanks for the tips. I bought her and tried her in coop. Managed to get 2 kills and shot sdown a bunch of planes, but I still have to work on the timing for manual drops and strafing...

• Cool 1

[E-E]
Members
15,049 posts
13,682 battles
21 hours ago, Thraxian said:

For co-op purposes as you expressed, Enterprise is great.  She does everything just like Shokaku.  Just to give you an idea how effective Big-E is, this is how things look in the current season of Tier VIII Ranked (PVP).

oachSB0.jpg

Enterprise players are putting on a clinic in Ranked, doing better than even Shokaku who has long been considered a very good CV.  Mind you, there is skill involved in all this, but it's reassuring to know that this CV can do a bunch of different jobs.

Air to air?  Tier VII only fighters but you have a VAST RESERVE.

You got 2 TB units, albeit with some really wide drop patterns.  As a result, Enterprise can cross-drop with TBs.  Only Premium Enterprise, 2/2/0 Saipan, and Tier X Tech Tree Midway can do cross-drops for US CVs.

You got DBs with option for AP or normal HE bombs.

She can contest the skies bitterly, she can attack.  She has options.  A good Enterprise player on your team is a godsend because I know she can and will do all functions expected out of a CV.  I wish that can be said for Lexington.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

1,542 posts
26 battles

Great fun in co-op, she's a good wee ship. Might take a bit of getting used to if you aren't a huge CV player. I hope you have loads of fun @Thraxian :)

Members
94 posts
13,622 battles

If you have time for the ranked battles, buy it.

Is the best T8 ship (No the best CV, the best ship) if you never face a T9/T10 AA. Give you far better tactical options than Lex and better planes than the t8 Shokakus. If you see in a ranked battle, Enterprise is like a Midway: top of the class and the same loadout.

If you play in random, then Lexington can perform very good but even then  you have better options. And Shokakus vs 2 fighter squads, are not the same.

Beta Testers
2,014 posts
11,044 battles

Its a hard ship to play, have a weird drop, but if u're master she is awesome!

image.thumb.png.8771441c6ffc719e5475d5a984951ecd.png

Members
1,601 posts
3,573 battles

I feel like I'm the only one who LIKES that drop pattern.  It just layers so well with itself during cross drops and manual drops.  You aren't going to get as many hits as you would with your IJN counterparts but you don't need to,  USN have workable bombers that are there for more than just fires.  

All and all she's a solid little ship and probably my personal favorite CV so far.

Members
32 posts

I like my Enterprise, but she is not a ship for those inexperienced with CV play.  Micromanaging six squadrons starts to get difficult for many people, especially if you haven't ground up a CV line.  The IJN line is good preparation since the Hiryu and Shokaku are both six-squadron ships, and you are dealing with five at the Ryujo.  American CV experience is also useful.  You don't use as many squadrons, but the longer flight times and rearming cycles are consistent with the Enterprise.  Add to that the unique torpedo drop pattern and much more selective role of AP dive bombers, and you get a CV that is a lot to try to learn at once without some solid prior experience.  I was already to Midway and Hiryu when the Big E finally came out and I still debated until right before she went off sale before deciding to get her.  I have liked it and had good success, fun games, but she is a challenging CV to use, especially with the T7 planes in T8 match making.  I play her with an eye toward the long-term - air superiority initially, let cruiser HE trim down BB AA batteries, then once I've worn down the other CV a bit, take in my planes for alpha strikes.  I rely on Enterprise's enormous fighter reserves and a fighter-spec'd captain and module load-out to take air control, then go ship hunting.  It's worked quite well for me.

Members
214 posts
3,621 battles

Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: How can you not have her in your fleet already?