You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iike

BBs please don't go infront of DDs

41 comments in this topic

Members
33 posts
3,244 battles

This is not the first time since yesterday, it has been a nightmare with 5-6 dds on each team for every game in just about every tier from V to X.

Quick explanation here, game was almost over they had 4 ships left vs our 8 and I was charging in on a Dunkerke to finish him off that I've been fighting since mid game because he kept backing up bow on I decided to move in closer so I can go around him, we were facing each other at about 5km and this Shinonome came up from behind me and essentially unloaded all his torpedoes directly on my path, I didn't even get the chance to turn, I wasn't expecting torpedoes since they only had 1 DD left on the other side of the map, It didn't matter anyway they were so close I basically took them all without a chance to dodge any.

His excuse? Don't go infront of DDs you dumb BB. you're too fast for me.

12.jpg.44e7d15f399a9e68152db25abd934d9f.jpg.6ab0211af84894bc06a902b5b403bcad.jpg3213.thumb.jpg.d1f15031ada32c93197ef1203d6aa24a.jpg.b87a2d081cca1f57cd0700581cb57ba0.jpg

I didn't put it here but he also said before the game ended "You're lucky I'm not in my Shima"

Then you have other people complaining how you have BBs camping at the other end of the map trying to snipe while their team gets slaughtered by the objectives.

Edited by iike
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Alpha Tester
2,409 posts
8,275 battles

It’s really simple. You’re responsible for the torps/shells you fire, no one else. If an ally is in front of you or in the path or your torps, don’t fire. It’s not rocket science. I’ve made the mistake of friendly fire on my fair share of occasions but I can only blame myself for it.

• Cool 4

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

battleships have the right a way, not destroyers. since it take longer for battleships to make a turn then dd does. Also not rocket science.

I laugh at destroyer players for ramming me from time to time and then turn around and start blaming me for getting in his way. lol

but ya, that destroyer was an ###hole

also naming and shaming is a forum rule, I recommend that you hide his name now before a Mod give you a warning

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
506 posts
11,510 battles
4 minutes ago, EmperorMaxwell said:

It’s really simple. You’re responsible for the torps/shells you fire, no one else. If an ally is in front of you or in the path or your torps, don’t fire. It’s not rocket science. I’ve made the mistake of friendly fire on my fair share of occasions but I can only blame myself for it.

From reading the post, it appears that the OP is in a Battleship, and a "friendly" destroyer dropped torpedoes from behind him and he took damage from the destroyer's torpedoes because he didn't have time to maneuver to avoid them.

Edited by DanielLeary
  • Meh 1

Alpha Tester
2,409 posts
8,275 battles
1 minute ago, DanielLeary said:

From reading the post, it appears that the OP is in a Battleship, and a "friendly" destroyer dropped torpedoes from behind him and he was TK'd by the destroyer because he didn't have time to maneuver to avoid them.

I’m aware but on multiple occasions, people have posted claiming that it was the person who got hit’s fault and not the one firing the torps. I’m just stating that if you take the shot, you’re responsible for any friendly fire caused by it.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Beta Testers
52 posts
843 battles
13 minutes ago, iike said:

This is not the first time since yesterday, it has been a nightmare with 5-6 dds on each team for every game in just about every tier from V to X.

Quick explanation here, game was almost over they had 4 ships left vs our 8 and I was charging in on a Dunkerke to finish him off that I've been fighting since mid game because he kept backing up bow on I decided to move in closer so I can go around him, we were facing each other at about 5km and this Shinonome came up from behind me and essentially unloaded all his torpedoes directly on my path, I didn't even get the chance to turn, I wasn't expecting torpedoes since they only had 1 DD left on the other side of the map, It didn't matter anyway they were so close I basically took them all without a chance to dodge any.

His excuse? Don't go infront of DDs you dumb BB. you're too fast for me.

12.jpg.44e7d15f399a9e68152db25abd934d9f.jpg3213.thumb.jpg.d1f15031ada32c93197ef1203d6aa24a.jpg

I didn't put it here but he also said before the game ended "You're lucky I'm not in my Shima"

Then you have other people complaining how you have BBs camping at the other end of the map trying to snipe while their team gets slaughtered by the objectives.

That DD was the noob.  He should be in front of NOT behind his BB.  At any rate you never launch torps with an ally in front.  

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,103 battles

1) You should remove his name.  Forum rules to protect stupid people.  So should the people quoting you.

2) Seeing as you haven't (yet) this is this is the kind of chart you get when a really bad player to starts chasing rewards missions.

jtNQvyc.jpg

WG insists on putting these type of missions up and the idiots chase them no matter what.

Edited by JCC45

Members
33 posts
3,244 battles
10 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

battleships have the right a way, not destroyers. since it take longer for battleships to make a turn then dd does. Also not rocket science.

I laugh at destroyer players for ramming me from time to time and then turn around and start blaming me for getting in his way. lol

but ya, that destroyer was an ###hole

also naming and shaming is a forum rule, I recommend that you hide his name now before a Mod give you a warning

Ty I edited it.

Members
35 posts
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

1) You should remove his name.  Forum rules to protect stupid people.  So should the people quoting you.

2) Seeing as you haven't (yet) this is this is the kind of chart you get when a really bad player to starts chasing rewards missions.

jtNQvyc.jpg

WG insists on putting these type of missions up and the idiots chase them no matter what.

Wow

Members
33 posts
3,244 battles
7 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Please remove the names, otherwise you will get banned for naming and shaming.

I did, thanks

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
36 minutes ago, iike said:

Lol that's funny. "You're lucky I'm not in my Shima, or I would have done even more team damage, been pink longer, and be that much closer to a vacation." :fish_palm:

[BONKZ]
[BONKZ]
Members
1,629 posts
16,259 battles

Why is their FF damage at all? Why is all the damage not instantly reflected back. The victim of the FF suffers all the consequences, while the attacker gets "pink"? Its a [edited]color, that's all!? I mean are we so homophobic that being "pink" actually means a god damn thing!? Jesus, its like a bunch of 5th graders came up with that penalty.

• Meh 1

Beta Testers
1,259 posts
6,287 battles

Wonder how that DD would have responded if you nailed him with a full salvo of AP and then blamed him for being in between you and the target...  People need to understand that you are responsible for the ordinance you launch.  If you don't have a clear line of fire, then don't take it and move to a position that you will.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
7 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Why is their FF damage at all? Why is all the damage not instantly reflected back. The victim of the FF suffers all the consequences, while the attacker gets "pink"? Its a [edited]color, that's all!? I mean are we so homophobic that being "pink" actually means a god damn thing!? Jesus, its like a bunch of 5th graders came up with that penalty.

Isn't pink for breast cancer or anti-bullying?

As far as the "5th grader" thing, judging by how many people complain about it, I think it's a case of playing to their audience.

Edited by Skpstr

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles
17 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Sorta like getting the cooties?

• Funny 1

[BONKZ]
[BONKZ]
Members
1,629 posts
16,259 battles
17 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Sorta like getting the cooties?

Exactly. I mean, you're pink, so your some sort of girl right? or maybe your gay, because pink is a feminine color. How is it punitive to be pink?

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
6 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Exactly. I mean, you're pink, so your some sort of girl right? or maybe your gay, because pink is a feminine color. How is it punitive to be pink?

Or maybe they were looking for a color that stands out that isn't already in use or too close to another color already in use.

Yellow - division mates

White - you

Green - Friendlies

Red - Enemy

Blue - too close to green

Orange - too close to red

What color would you suggest TKers be?

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
11,692 battles

LMAFO

I thought he got torped by the enemy, turns out it's friendly fire. If you failed to spot a giant [edited]battleship going in front of you. You need to pay more attention.

BTW, you don't have to zoom in to fire torps. 

Edited by NeutralState

Beta Testers
1,671 posts
10,973 battles
1 hour ago, DethWolf said:

That DD was the noob.  He should be in front of NOT behind his BB.  At any rate you never launch torps with an ally in front.  

Nailing a friendly with a torp gives me the same shameful cringe reaction as double starting a car with witnesses in hearing range.

for the person who wonders "why was the DD behind the BB?" -  that's a whole other issue.   As a DD main, many is the time I can't get between a BB/CA and the enemy, because the heavier ships insist on brawling.   If a few "heavies" are close enough to be exchanging secondary fire, there's no way I'm getting between them, and, sometimes, it's well nigh impossible to get out from behind the bigger ships if you've relocated a fair bit on the map.

[MEIST]
Members
1,651 posts
6,766 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Isn't pink for breast cancer or anti-bullying?

As far as the "5th grader" thing, judging by how many people complain about it, I think it's a case of playing to their audience.

It's for Breast Cancer awareness.

Members
33 posts
3,244 battles
1 hour ago, Kevs02Accord said:

It seems too lightly of a "penalty" since you don't get damage reflected back and all you get is a pink status for a few games that doesn't really change anything

[BONKZ]
[BONKZ]
Members
1,629 posts
16,259 battles
40 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

Or maybe they were looking for a color that stands out that isn't already in use or too close to another color already in use.

Yellow - division mates

White - you

Green - Friendlies

Red - Enemy

Blue - too close to green

Orange - too close to red

What color would you suggest TKers be?

Visible or not, how does knowing they have dealt team damage help you or hurt them?

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

You're responsible for your torps. Sometimes people get stuck in your blind spot, and get hit by mistake. It's still your fault, but you have a slight excuse.

My biggest pet peeve right now is other players trying to bump, rub, and trade paint with me when I'm trying to be in position to manuever. However, they match my speed and block me from turning safely, or quickly, while also getting shells on me even though I'm spotted while they fire house until they're dead.