You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

[SPF] MassiveSalvo 8
79 posts
7,941 battles

I use to think I was good but I realize I am below average. 350plus games into ranked I reach rank 4 and 2 stars. 50-51% WR damage is 40ksomething and the kill ratio is like .8.  I know how bad these stats are, they're almost average and they get me above rank 5 usually within a day of slipping back into 6 or 7. Though above 5 I am swiss cheese. These guys up in the upper ranks eat me. I am wondering will it get any easier cause I am set on my Jolly Roger and when I started ranked up until about rank 8 I was 53-54% WR and fair everywhere else. I don't focus on kills but team support.

I am just a bit discouraged that these upper fellas just shred me like swiss cheese. I wish there was a Jr., Middle. and Upper. Rank League cause I'm feeling like the Jr. Bacon in the Upper Rank league. 

[SPTR] Danyir_Amore 14
185 posts
3,438 battles

Watch youtube videos, there are lots of Community contributors that give out lots of advice.

Yuro has really entertaining "how to" videos including one on the Tirpitz.

819 posts
20 battles

I agree with @Danyir_Amore, there are lots of great sources of knowledge out there on Youtube and Twitch like Fleischwolfx, Flambass and I would especially recommend

iChasegaming: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDzvim_rx7l59Mv0xT-RNOA

TheMightyJingles: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpnjlvS2zxhbNJuGNo_TxkQ

And my personal favourite, our very own @Femennenly https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8MzkEgBDu_7lqgNr5F4dpA

I hope you find these helpful! :) I know I did!

[-K-] Lord_Zath 1,283
Members, Supertester
3,997 posts
12,931 battles

I think the key is to focus on the ship you enjoy playing the most and feel most comfortable in.  Always be thinking about what you can do to help the team.  Feel free to watch the videos I've been posting, especially if you're using the same ship.  You're welcome to send me replays as well and I can directly comment on YOUR gameplay :).

• Cool 1

[S0L0] Harv72b 282
1,128 posts
3,573 battles
On 1/16/2018 at 10:47 AM, Lord_Zath said:

You're welcome to send me replays as well and I can directly comment on YOUR gameplay :).

I've been meaning to say that I really appreciate you taking the time to email me when the update made using my replay impossible.  I hope that in the very near future your channel will be far too big for such courtesies, but in the meantime that was a very classy and considerate thing to do.  :Smile_great:

On 1/9/2018 at 5:44 AM, MassiveSalvo said:

I use to think I was good but I realize I am below average. 350plus games into ranked I reach rank 4 and 2 stars. 50-51% WR damage is 40ksomething and the kill ratio is like .8.  I know how bad these stats are, they're almost average and they get me above rank 5 usually within a day of slipping back into 6 or 7. Though above 5 I am swiss cheese. These guys up in the upper ranks eat me. I am wondering will it get any easier cause I am set on my Jolly Roger and when I started ranked up until about rank 8 I was 53-54% WR and fair everywhere else. I don't focus on kills but team support.

I am just a bit discouraged that these upper fellas just shred me like swiss cheese. I wish there was a Jr., Middle. and Upper. Rank League cause I'm feeling like the Jr. Bacon in the Upper Rank league. 

One more addition to the YT channels linked above: Flamu has some really great replay analysis videos on his channel, revolving around Random battles as well as Ranked, and covering a wide variety of ships.  Definitely worth checking out.

Try not to get too discouraged--when you hit those upper ranks you really are up against some of the best WoWs players on the server.  Like with anything else, admitting that you have a "problem" is the first step toward fixing it...a bit of study, a bit of analysis, and a lot of practice will get you to where you want to be .

[-K-] Lord_Zath 1,283
Members, Supertester
3,997 posts
12,931 battles
6 hours ago, Harv72b said:

I've been meaning to say that I really appreciate you taking the time to email me when the update made using my replay impossible.  I hope that in the very near future your channel will be far too big for such courtesies, but in the meantime that was a very classy and considerate thing to do.  :Smile_great:

One more addition to the YT channels linked above: Flamu has some really great replay analysis videos on his channel, revolving around Random battles as well as Ranked, and covering a wide variety of ships.  Definitely worth checking out.

Try not to get too discouraged--when you hit those upper ranks you really are up against some of the best WoWs players on the server.  Like with anything else, admitting that you have a "problem" is the first step toward fixing it...a bit of study, a bit of analysis, and a lot of practice will get you to where you want to be .

No problem!  I try to respond to everyone :)

[SPF] MassiveSalvo 8
79 posts
7,941 battles

Thank you for the assistance I will keep this topic saved and come back. I have taken some lessons and followed some advice. It's helping but still very difficult. 

[SALVO] Vigirebs 2
4 posts
5,101 battles

Hope you made it Massive.

I remember playing with you in a few games

o7 from the SALVO Clan.