Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Best Missouri Build?

15 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

MAM1 DCSM1 AAGM2 SGM2 CSM1 APRM2 are my modules

PT EM SI CE > AR FP > BoS is my captain

APRM2(accuracy mod) is very important in my opinion.

If you're using Seagal then the Expert Loader skill can sometimes work, I use in on my Montanna. But with Mo having 25% less fire-starting or DD shotgunning ability I feel it's less important.

[TSF]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
243 posts
19,625 battles

I have a pretty similar build.

Modules: MAM1 DCSM1 AAGM2 SGM2 CSM1 APRM2

Captain: PT EM SI CE AR AFT V

Unless you do a yolo charge in a Missouri you'll do well, have fun and get lots of credits, free XP and captain XP. I play mine everyday!

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,286 battles
7 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

What is the best build for Missouri these days including Captain skills and Equipment?

I went with the following which is my standard T9-T10 US BB build. Same as T8 NC as well through slot 5 (no slot 6 on it).

Note - any quoted specific (stats) are for MO seeing as that is what you asked about even though I mention I do this on all my high tier US BB's.

• MAM1 - protect your main guns
  • DCSM1 - no brainer
  • AAGM2 - boost your formidable AA
  • SGM2 - needs all the help you can get turning this beast (gets you to 15.5 sec)
  • CSM1 - become sneaky (drops detection to 14.1km)
  • APRM2 - turn your already accurate guns into tactical laser strike canons 

Capt skills are something people really have huge differing opinions on. But, most would agree I think on a few. I use the 19t Capt from my Montana on my MO. The base skills I use are the same for all my US BB Capt's T7+...

• PM - protect your AA
  • EM - swing those tactical laser strike canons around faster
  • BFT - boost AA (and a bonus to your secondary guns)
  • AFT - boost AA (and a bonus to your secondary guns)

You only need 10 pts to get the above which IMO is the base Capt skills for all T8+ US BB. This is the perfect starting base IMO as it boosts the strong suits of the T8+ US BB's which is AA (heck even the T7 too). These core skills along with AAGM2 get your T8+ BB's to a 100 AA rating (84 at T7) and will just melt planes that attack you. From there it is up to you what you do with more points as they are available. As said ^^^ I run my 19pt US BB spec'd Montana Capt on my Mighty MO (also my Alabama and Arizona - 19pt Capt on a T6 BB is fun LOL). I also added 2 more very useful Capt skills...

• SI - adds a charge to your repair (gets it to 4) and radar (gets it to 3)
  • CE - become even more sneaky ( CSM1 + CE = 12.2km detection range!)

The above comes to 17 pts. The last 2 really are up to you and IMO anything you pick is fine as long as it isn't something stupid like smoke screen expert.  If it helps you the choice is valid. Some good ones would be...

• AR - shorten that reload as your HP drops
  • JOAT - -5% reload of consumables
  • HA -10% reload of damage control
  • PT + IFA (I actually do this - for me it works)

You can also opt for different configurations than I went with (I would still go with the 10pt base however). Maybe you want to go full blown AA build and add Manual AA (4pts). Or you get so sick of the never ending HE spam and fires you want to run Fire Prevention (4pts) and BOS (3pts). This will impact  the points you have for other things but it can work too. I went with what works for me and have outlined it for you FWIW. Hope it helps. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,138 posts
30,896 battles

In general, I think the Hybrid AA-Stealth Build is the popular choice for Iowa and Missouri.  It leverages 2 known strengths of the ships:  AA and Stealth to better levels.

The AA will be very good but against Tier IX-X CVs you still need to be very careful on your position.  A good CV driver will weigh the pro's and con's of going through your AA if it means hitting you at the worst possible time, even if it means eating some aircraft losses.  The only way you really become a no fly zone for even Tier X is going true hardcore AA but that's too heavy an investment, IMO.  But with BFT, AFT, AAGM2 you will obliterate Tier VIII planes.  With Manual AA trait for 4 more pts, it really ramps up your aircraft killing power.

Stealth is vital for Iowa / Missouri.  It lets her move around more easily without constant long range attacks.  It lets her break contact more easily, which is pretty important if you ever find yourself in a bad spot and need to turn around.  If your stealth is bad, it's much harder to hold fire, go dark, and then do the turnaround.  If your stealth is good, doing that turnaround is far less dangerous when you easily go dark.  Pretty important because Tier IX USN BBs are very long and their side armor is pretty poor, on top of taking these very wide turns.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
245 posts
11,414 battles

12 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The AA will be very good but against Tier IX-X CVs you still need to be very careful on your position.  A good CV driver will weigh the pro's and con's of going through your AA if it means hitting you at the worst possible time, even if it means eating some aircraft losses.  The only way you really become a no fly zone for even Tier X is going true hardcore AA but that's too heavy an investment, IMO.  But with BFT, AFT, AAGM2 you will obliterate Tier VIII planes.  With Manual AA trait for 4 more pts, it really ramps up your aircraft killing power.

Because the MO can use any captain, I keep my Iowa set up for maxed out AA, and then pop my captain into the Missouri when I'm in a Div with a CV. Otherwise I use Stevie, and you all should too considering you can switch his voice in the game settings to something more agreeable.

13 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

In general, I think the Hybrid AA-Stealth Build is the popular choice for Iowa and Missouri. 

I'm 100% with Haze (as usual :cap_like:) when it comes to this build. Max out that stealth so you can avoid HE spamming cruisers and ambush other battleships. Another piece of advice I'll add is to run a "Sierra Mike" signal. Sailing a 45,000 ton battlewagon at 35kts regularly throws off destroyer captains trying to properly adjust their lead. 

I'm sad to see the MO leaving us in exchange for Mushashi. She is far and away the most fun ship I have ever played and I hate to think future players won't get the opportunity to experience the sheer joy of revealing a smoked up Minotaur with radar and summarily sending him back to port. :cap_cool:

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I like the stealth AA hybrid build.

IDK why you would pick BFT though.

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,286 battles
55 minutes ago, MrSparkle said:

AFT + BFT for AA build, which is never put to good use.

Sure it is. In the games with a CV. Even if they aren't in every game it's nice to have it when they are. It also gives a boost to your secondary guns too. Not a lot but every km and faster reload helps

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,286 battles
6 minutes ago, MrSparkle said:

I haven't seen a CV past tier 7 in a very long time.

Guess they are all in Co-op because I played with a bunch of high tier CV's this weekend while running my T8-T10's. Most of them were T8's but did see a couple Essex and a Midway and 2 Hakuryu's (sp?). Plenty of CV's at high tiers in Co-op. Maybe 50-60% of the games or so. T7 and lower it is probably 70%+ of the games have them.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,138 posts
30,896 battles
17 hours ago, MrSparkle said:

I haven't seen a CV past tier 7 in a very long time.

Everyone thinks AA is unimportant until that 12 TB strike group is spotted and coming for them.

Members
541 posts
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Everyone thinks AA is unimportant until that 12 TB strike group is spotted and coming for them.

:)

That's very true but it's so infrequent that in the rest of the games those captain skills aren't useful. In BB vs BB games BFT and AFT for Iowa class is suboptimal. Hell considering how much time I spend on fire since returning to find British HE spammers I might respec to BoS and FP and if that's not enough swap out SGM2 for Damage Control 2 (that's a bit extreme though).

Now if US BBs from tier VIII to X had proper, historical secondaries...

Sign in to follow this