You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CommodoreChandler

Solo/Story Mode

13 comments in this topic

[GTF]
Members
73 posts
3,719 battles

Ok everyone, or most of everyone has watched The Great Mighty Jingles play Cold Waters here right? I have an idea for World of Warships; What if they did what Cold Waters did? Make a solo story mode for the players who want to experience what it was like for a captain of a surface warship in world war 1, or 2?

Sure they might have to re do a few things to make it historical and and realistic, but the one thing you can't do on Cold Waters that i bet enough people wish they could do is play surface warships, World of Warships is all about surface warships. There isn't one sub in this game, aside from that sub tease from about a year ago. 

No the game isn't as complex as Cold Waters, but for this mode, they could make the game play more complex. 

The Game would attract more people, people who like history and would like to see or play as a captain of a Battleship, Aircraft carrier, Cruiser, and a Destroyer. And best of all, you could do more than one nations Navy, for example: US Navy, Japan Navy, USSR Navy, British Navy, Germany Navy, China Navy, all the Navy's in the game. 

If you Like the idea, and want to see it happen, Push for it, I'm sure Wargaming might like it. 

PS: Wargaming, you might be able to do this not just on WOWS, but WOWT and WOWP as well. 

• Cool 2

[GTF]
Members
73 posts
3,719 battles
2 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

You mean like operations... ?

No Solo, by your self, story mode, where you dont need internet

Edited by CapChandler

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Sign me up!

Hell, package it like a full-on game release, complete with box available for purchase in brick-and-mortar stores if there are any left, and charge forty bucks for it, I'd still buy it! Using the resources already put into the game to render a single-player option would be a great hook for the multiplayer, since unlike Gamblefront II this game isn't pay-to-win and you don't have to progress through dice rolls.

It could be really epic, too.

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles
1 minute ago, CapChandler said:

No Solo, by your self, story mode, where you dont need internet

Ah, well from an implementation perspective this would likely be impossible.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,087 battles
13 minutes ago, CapChandler said:

A nice idea post it in @Pigeon_of_War's suggestion thread, better chance of it being seen, who knows it might even get sent up to Wargaming for them too look at.

[GTF]
Members
73 posts
3,719 battles
59 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

A nice idea post it in @Pigeon_of_War's suggestion thread, better chance of it being seen, who knows it might even get sent up to Wargaming for them too look at.

Where on the @Pigeon_Of_War do I click to get to his suggestion thread? 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,087 battles
1 minute ago, CapChandler said:

Where on the @Pigeon_Of_War do I click to get to his suggestion thread? 

Just copy and pate the idea here, it's the thread I was talking about.

[GTF]
Members
73 posts
3,719 battles
5 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Just copy and pate the idea here, it's the thread I was talking about.

Thx, though, I sent him a link to here my message right before you replied, and now I have it at his suggestion thread, so maybe it will get seen.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,087 battles
Just now, CapChandler said:

Thx, though, I sent him a link to here my message right before you replied, and now I have it at his suggestion thread, so maybe it will get seen.

It will just don't get upset if he says no. I know some people who got really angry when he said no to them.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,090 battles

While I think this could be a fun idea, I highly doubt it.

But I would love to do:

Battle of North Cape, Hunt the Bismarck, Surigao Straight, Iron Bottom Sound, Midway, Coral Sea. And a few others.

[TAFY3]
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
460 posts
12,720 battles

Operations are the closest thing you're going to get.  Solo play "sounds" fun, but it will get boring, and you'll have to wait for more content.  MMO is the best way to play games these days.  Game studios aren't willing to invest in a 100 hour plus story line anymore.  I didn't even get 50 hours out of the last single player game I bought.

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

I'd be down for a story mode. I wonder if it would include cinematic cutscenes? Would be a good excuse to pop out more paper ships and release new camos or rewards. Could be like a split route campaigns with more meat to it. Paper ship you use depends on what route you take.  

Edited by Yoshiblue