Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_uvIK2Buacfw6

finnished

17 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts

looks like to me the game has become unplayable and unenjoyable at best, unless you at a magician and can spot the invisible enemy sometimes as close as 3 klm's away .

I have had the spotting and targeting  explained to me, however that is for the normal gameplay.

this game is not behaving like normal at the moment and people refuse to accept this, I have had no response to why ships at this close range vanish and are able to shell or torpedo you at will

while you can do nothing about it

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,373 posts
14,186 battles

Last time I checked no ship in the game has a detection range as low as 3km unless they’re either A.) behind an island or B.) in smoke. And in both cases they’ll need someone else to be spotting you for them

Beta Testers
3,820 posts

You need to be a bit more specific in what your asking as in what tiers, types of ships its happening to you in and what is attacking you, have you learnt the spotting ranges of the dd in your tiers, is there smoke, or has your graphics card taken a dump.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Do you have any replays of this happening? Could help figure out if its a connection issue or something else.

[SCAVS]
Members
216 posts
9,282 battles
9 minutes ago, warfish55 said:

I am aware of all this, all ships all tiers all servers, no smoke, I have top of range gaming pc and acc, all working well, I do have in this game a high ping 107 on all servers in this game, reside in Tasmania Australia.

Agreed, we need a replay, I play from Adelaide with the exact same ping and have not seen what you describe. At tier 10 some DDs can get within 6kms but that's it.

Members
3 posts

nothing to do with spotting, no ship should be able to get unseen to within 3 klms of you, I wish people would just say if they don't understand, many here do have the same trouble, but don't tell me because you have no problems in this game that we don't as well.

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

I some times don't have boats render, they show on my mini map but not on screen. But that is only at the start of the match or moments before a crash.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,138 posts
30,896 battles
Just now, warfish55 said:

nothing to do with spotting, no ship should be able to get unseen to within 3 klms of you, I wish people would just say if they don't understand, many here do have the same trouble, but don't tell me because you have no problems in this game that we don't as well.

1,618 battles and you never understood spotting mechanics.

• Funny 1

[SCAVS]
Members
216 posts
9,282 battles
14 minutes ago, warfish55 said:

The onus is on you to prove it, provide a replay and you will get an answer.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,138 posts
30,896 battles

Every now and then some scrub comes onto these boards with gross exaggerations proclaiming some ship popping out of nowhere at 3km or some such nonsense.

Any proof?  Any replays?

Of course not, they never do.  More than likely it was some DD coming out of their detection range at 5.4-5.8km and rushed the dumba$$ BB while it was distracted.  By the time the BB player notices, it's close range and too late.  It's always a BB player complaining about ships with cloaking devices coming out of nowhere.  I looked up the OP and what do you know... He was a BB player.

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,868 posts
21,336 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

More than likely it was some DD coming out of their detection range at 5.4-5.8km and rushed the dumba$$ BB while it was distracted

that was me who rush his BIG BB boate while he was distracted shooting at the cruiser, and I even type in the public chat "HELLO" couple of times before I torp him, that is plenty of warning give. I even get within 3km and sail parallel to him (smoke, them wait, them he was shooting at the cruiser, then speed boost to get in close)

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi

[RE]
[RE]
Members
501 posts
24,877 battles

over the weekend a div m8 was not spotting a Mighty Mo after the Mo fired his guns in open waters under 13km's away and then he started taking note of it, every time the Mo fired he would show for a second then gone

[ANK-S]
Members
460 posts
20,513 battles

any chance this could be a draw distance setting in the video config?  I can't imaging that it would ever be that short though...

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

First, you really don't understand the mechanics of the game, that's clear, and after 1.6k rounds, you should. Second, good lord, man, GRAMMAR! Third, whining and blaming the game and other people for your own failings is really not appreciated nor approved of around these parts, it's not appreciated nor approved of anywhere. Fourth, good freaking god, GRAMMAR!

Sign in to follow this