Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Utt_Buggly

Are There Ever Permacamo Discounts?

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,614
[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,537 battles

I cannot recall having seen a permacamo sale/discount before.

I'm within hailing distance of the Hindenburg, but at about 4500 doubloons. I know the 250 for level 11 of ranked wont get me there, and I'm not going to get the 2500 of Rank 1.

Have permacamo discounts been offered periodically, and if so, when do they show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
991
[HELLS]
Members
2,970 posts
39,908 battles

No. I need permacammo for Montana, Des Moines, Gearing, North Carolina, and Monarch. That's 21,000 doubloons, Mister! WoWs thanks your wallet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,521
[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Why would they do that?

You have a choice, either don't play much tier 10. Play at a unicum level at tier 10, or pay for camo....:Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,403
[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,651 battles

Sometimes they do run specials on doubloons, but I've never seen specials on perma-camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
403
Members
926 posts
5,744 battles

No sales on permanent camo. Best time to buy was Halloween crates giant bundles which made gold 1/2 the price.

Edited by ksix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,614
[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,537 battles
37 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Why would they do that?

You have a choice, either don't play much tier 10. Play at a unicum level at tier 10, or pay for camo....:Smile_teethhappy:

Look, dirtbag, all I've asked is if they are known to have discounts on it. No one asked for or merited your pontificating bilge, which you dispense with regularity.

But, why would they do that, really??

Why did they offer Christmas sales on ships.? They have no competition, so why? But they did.

Why do they offer discounts on premium time? They have no competition, so why? But again, they did..

Free XP conversion discounts? Why would they do that? But they do.

Port slot discounts? Why? Yet, they do.

Commander respecification discounts? Why? But they do.

So go ahead and ask bankrupt, baiting questions,  and give yourself a chortle.

You run your mouth and take your little potshots all the time at people who ask a reasonable question.

Maybe my question was about PLANNING and WAITING, if discounts are known to occur.

You prove the old adage true about people with the smallest minds having the biggest mouths.

Planning and waiting on your presence in these forums to be less malignant is doublessly a longer wait than for a perma camo discount.

Its a wait I'll not suffer.

Ignored.

 

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,521
[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts
11 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Look, dirtbag, all I've asked is if they are known to have discounts on it. No one asked for or merited your pontificating bilge, which you dispense with regularity.

But, why would they do that, really??

Why did they offer Christmas sales on ships.? They have no competition, so why? But they did.

Why do they offer discounts on premium time? They have no competition, so why? But again, they did..

Free XP conversion discounts? Why would they do that? But they do.

Port slot discounts? Why? Yet, they do.

Commander respecification discounts? Why? But they do.

So go ahead and ask bankrupt, baiting questions,  and give yourself a chortle.

You run your mouth and take your little potshots all the time at people who ask a reasonable question.

Maybe my question was about PLANNING and WAITING, if discounts are known to occur.

You prove the old adage true about people with the smallest minds having the biggest mouths.

Planning and waiting on your presence in these forums to be less malignant is doublessly a longer wait than for a perma camo discount.

Its a wait I'll not suffer.

Ignored.

 

Extra sandy today? :Smile_teethhappy:

The logic for them not doing it seems clear, why would they discount something they sorely want players to pay for by pushing them to tier 10?

Sorry you seemed to take a mild troll so seriously, but then, this is the Internet.....:Smile_facepalm:

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,662
[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

They have never had sales on Permacamo, especially never T9 or 10 Permacamo, AFAIK. The closest would be winning Event Permacamo out of either the Halloween Boxes or the 2nd Event Campaign set, and those are mainly T5~T8 ships.

As far as what bit of reasoning has been given; Permacamo more or less grants Premium-level XP/Credit benefits to non-Premiums and is a one-time deal. Mainly intended for purchase by players who have a favorite ship they'd like to play repeatedly rather than just shifting through what they have available for 1st win bonuses, and can be had for free with enough time and effort (Doubloons from Events/Containers), kind of like how Port and Captain slots rarely go on sale since they're sometimes rewarded in Containers or given alongside an earnable ship.

I suspect it's not as money-making as Premium Ships, Premium Time, or Signals since it's it's a one-time deal, unlike being able to buy repeat Premium ship bundles for extra +6 or +8 or +10 point Captains and the Ship's Doubloon Cost + Extras that come with the bundle. Or having Signal Flags consumed per battle, or Premium Time on a timer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,005
[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,682 battles

I don't recall a permanent camo discount (perhaps there was one soon after they were first introduced??) but the closest thing you can do right now is buy a Cleveland permacamo for 1k doubloons. When it is made a Tier 8 ship following the USN CA split, it will be worth 3k gold and you will get a new 1k gold permacamo on the tier 6 replacement - assuming the line split happens the same way as previous WG splits (which have been remarkably generous). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,258
[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
46 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I don't recall a permanent camo discount (perhaps there was one soon after they were first introduced??) but the closest thing you can do right now is buy a Cleveland permacamo for 1k doubloons. When it is made a Tier 8 ship following the USN CA split, it will be worth 3k gold and you will get a new 1k gold permacamo on the tier 6 replacement - assuming the line split happens the same way as previous WG splits (which have been remarkably generous). 

Also assuming you like the Cleveland and Pensacola otherwise it is a  waste of gold.    They are going to have to change the Cleveland's gun arcs when it moves to tier 8 else I am likely to just sell mine.  Can't stand the Cleveland's guns shooting at the moon every time it fires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,005
[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,682 battles
1 minute ago, Midnitewolf said:

Also assuming you like the Cleveland and Pensacola otherwise it is a  waste of gold.    They are going to have to change the Cleveland's gun arcs when it moves to tier 8 else I am likely to just sell mine.  Can't stand the Cleveland's guns shooting at the moon every time it fires.

Works ok for the UKCLs at present, only more effective as the Cleveland is a firebug. I imagine the whole USN CL line will have high arcs, and it's more of a 'feature'. It will still have good AA for escort duty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×