You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hiro804

My new Duca D' Aosta

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
176 posts
4,640 battles

I caught a D'Aosta with a 10 point commander in a Santa Crate and since  I wanted to move up to T6 and I thought I'd give it a try.  Wow, I'm having a blast with it; so far  41 battles and I'm only starting to figure out how to drive it.  It's definitely squishy but nice main artillery and crazy range torps.  I also got a Belfast in a Santa Crate but that's on hold until I get at least 100+ battles in the D' Aosta. 

T6 has been a challenge but I'm not unhappy with my play so far.  I think this ship has been a nice introduction to the tier.

• Cool 1

[CK5]
Members
1,059 posts
9,602 battles

The D' Aosta is kind of polarizing; either people love it or they hate it.  I happen to agree with you that it is a fun boat to play.  Congratulations on a great find.  

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,493 posts
15,488 battles

Wait until you have IFHE.....

Oh the joy those salvos bring.

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,272 battles

It's definitely twisty and hard to hit, but from what I have heard and read the shell damage is not very potent.  I'd most likely pick her up, otherwise, as I like the De Grasse and the Molotov.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,205 posts

Works well with the Special Spotter Upgrade.  Along with flags and a captain skill, you have extended range and 'see into invisifire smoke' vision for 1/3 of the battle.

[VCRUZ]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

I bought Duca, its a fun ship to play, different from other T6 cruisers. Duca has a heavy skirmish/ambush playstyle. 

The only problem is that duca strugle with the MM, heavy BB battles arent very good for Duca, low range and poor HE. But in heavy cruisers and DDs battles Duca shines. Overall a fun and good ship to play. 

[UNH]
Members
641 posts
1,141 battles

Think of it as a big, fast, and not very concealed DD, something like a Kiev. The 12km torps can give quite a surprise in area denial duties...

[MOFC]
Members
16 posts
2,111 battles
On 1/7/2018 at 9:09 PM, Xlap said:

I bought Duca, its a fun ship to play, different from other T6 cruisers. Duca has a heavy skirmish/ambush playstyle. 

The only problem is that duca strugle with the MM, heavy BB battles arent very good for Duca, low range and poor HE. But in heavy cruisers and DDs battles Duca shines. Overall a fun and good ship to play. 

When compounding this with IFHE she does a lot more damage at the lower tiers making her extremely fun to play. I can proudly say I've put way too many hours into enjoying the ship.