You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
guinness77

FAIR Warning you guys!

13 comments in this topic

[SOTW]
Members
345 posts
7,805 battles

ok... Here it is..

Ya' know when your in game (usually early on) and a small box pops up asking if you want to join in a division?  Well.. if you click "YES" there's something you should know that I didn't.  If you're mic is working properly it will automatically go hot.  So will everyone else who has accepted the invitation.  So don't be surprised when you're sailing along and suddenly to start hearing voices out of your speakers.  NO... it's not an open tab in a background minimized window telling you about some news item.  And don't surprised when laughter starts pouring out of the speakers.  YOUR mic was hot.  So be careful about  what your talking about... dinner... [edited] at work.... sex..... you name it.  The last thing you'll say before you figure it out is always the same, "IS MY MIC HOT?  WHAT THE HELL WAS I SAYING?"

Expect the voice of a complete stranger replying, "You were talking about_________________ . Please continue."

You have been warned.

Edited by guinness77
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles
7 minutes ago, guinness77 said:

ok... Here it is..

Ya' know when your in game (usually early on) and a small box pops up asking if you want to join in a clan?  Well.. if you click "YES" there's something you should know that I didn't.  If you're mic is working properly it will automatically go hot.  So will everyone else who has accepted the invitation.  So don't be surprised when you're sailing along and suddenly to start hearing voices out of your speakers.  NO... it's not an open tab in a background minimized window telling you about some news item.  And don't surprised when laughter starts pouring out of the speakers.  YOUR mic was hot.  So be careful about  what your talking about... dinner... [edited] at work.... sex..... you name it.  The last thing you'll say before you figure it out is always the same, "IS MY MIC HOT?  WHAT THE HELL WAS I SAYING?"

Expect the voice of a complete stranger replying, "You were talking about_________________ . Please continue."

You have been warned.

:Smile_teethhappy:

2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Good advice. This is one reason why my computer has no microphone or webcam.

My family picks on me for putting tape over the camera on the laptops. :Smile_hiding:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,188 posts
15,766 battles

My automatic response to random clan invites in every game I play is to reject them.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

My family picks on me for putting tape over the camera on the laptops. :Smile_hiding:

"I have a laptop, personal laptop — I put a piece of tape over the camera." -- The US FBI director

• Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
32 minutes ago, guinness77 said:

ok... Here it is..

Ya' know when your in game (usually early on) and a small box pops up asking if you want to join in a clan?  Well.. if you click "YES" there's something you should know that I didn't.  If you're mic is working properly it will automatically go hot.  So will everyone else who has accepted the invitation.  So don't be surprised when you're sailing along and suddenly to start hearing voices out of your speakers.  NO... it's not an open tab in a background minimized window telling you about some news item.  And don't surprised when laughter starts pouring out of the speakers.  YOUR mic was hot.  So be careful about  what your talking about... dinner... [edited] at work.... sex..... you name it.  The last thing you'll say before you figure it out is always the same, "IS MY MIC HOT?  WHAT THE HELL WAS I SAYING?"

You have been warned.

I have all of that crapdisabled in the config. I didn't know it did that. Interesting.

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
10,275 battles

When you say, "in game," are you talking about just in game in general (e.g., in port) or when in an actual match.  It sounds more like you are referring to a "Division" invite, not a "Clan" invite.  A division in this game is the equivalent of a "platoon" in World of Tanks or a "group" in most MMORPGs or other game types.  That is, a small group of people (3 max in this game) joined together to go into matches at the same time.  You can get Clan or Division invites in port, but since divisions can be formed on the fly in a match now, you can also get division invites in a match.  To my knowledge, it is not possible to get a Clan invite in an actual match, only in port.

I mention this because the game does have a voice chat feature, and that feature is designed to allow division mates to communicate.  You can enable/disable this capability in the options.  However, it would surprise me if it was automatically enabled for Clans as most clans use external voice servers and there are no channel switching capabilities in the in-game voice to my knowledge, which would mix clan and division audio, which I don't think they would do.

Are you sure you mean a "Clan" invite and not a Division invite?

[PVE]
Members
12,064 posts
21,308 battles
1 hour ago, guinness77 said:

YOUR mic was hot.  So be careful about  what your talking about... dinner... [edited] at work.... sex..... you name it.  The last thing you'll say before you figure it out is always the same, "IS MY MIC HOT?  WHAT THE HELL WAS I SAYING?"

Always remember to turn off team speak, if you decide to do the Solo Yolo on yourself. If you don't, chances are, people can hear you.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SOTW]
Members
345 posts
7,805 battles
1 hour ago, Sotaudi said:

When you say, "in game," are you talking about just in game in general (e.g., in port) or when in an actual match.  It sounds more like you are referring to a "Division" invite, not a "Clan" invite.  A division in this game is the equivalent of a "platoon" in World of Tanks or a "group" in most MMORPGs or other game types.  That is, a small group of people (3 max in this game) joined together to go into matches at the same time.  You can get Clan or Division invites in port, but since divisions can be formed on the fly in a match now, you can also get division invites in a match.  To my knowledge, it is not possible to get a Clan invite in an actual match, only in port.

I mention this because the game does have a voice chat feature, and that feature is designed to allow division mates to communicate.  You can enable/disable this capability in the options.  However, it would surprise me if it was automatically enabled for Clans as most clans use external voice servers and there are no channel switching capabilities in the in-game voice to my knowledge, which would mix clan and division audio, which I don't think they would do.

Are you sure you mean a "Clan" invite and not a Division invite?

Yes... division.  thanks

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

To be fair they have reason to.Virtually all webcams are hard wired to where they can not turn on with out the little LED light next to lens showing that it's on.

Edited by goldeagle1123

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles
5 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

To be fair they have reason to.Virtually all webcams are hard wired to where they can not turn on with out the little LED light next to lens showing that it's on.

That is what they want you to think.  :Smile_hiding:   :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
6,667 posts
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

My automatic response to random clan invites in every game I play is to reject them.

Exactly.  If I don't know who's inviting me, I'm declining it.

Edited by mavfin87