You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Galvanic_

World of HE Spam

13 comments in this topic

[ZKMS]
Members
47 posts
11,236 battles

Can we do something about HE spam is this game? What I mean is it either the shell does some damage with a reduced fire chance (these are steel ships last time I checked) or same fire chance with reduced damage potential. Right now it is so over powered, I'd challenge you to look at an average dd or cr or British bb player and ask them if they ever switch to AP.

And before you trolls come in and answer "I change shell type all the time blah blah blah" I am talking about the masses, you average cawah dooty level player.

[SPTR]
Members
2,319 posts
3,783 battles

I agree that it can be very frustrating for a BB main, but the masses usually follow a few rules.

BB-Always AP unless it's British

CA/CL-HE unless British or at close range

DD-HE unless it's German/Russian at close range.

HE spam exists because a large number of people play cruisers. Against angled BB's one must shoot HE unless you're in another BB because otherwise you do almost no damage. Cruisers and DD's rely on HE and fires to do damage.

• Cool 3

[ZKMS]
Members
47 posts
11,236 battles
11 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

I agree that it can be very frustrating for a BB main, but the masses usually follow a few rules.

BB-Always AP unless it's British

CA/CL-HE unless British or at close range

DD-HE unless it's German/Russian at close range.

HE spam exists because a large number of people play cruisers. Against angled BB's one must shoot HE unless you're in another BB because otherwise you do almost no damage. Cruisers and DD's rely on HE and fires to do damage.

The alpha damage needs to be reduced. or the rate fires are set. I get that angled BB's are a tough nut to crack, but they are being penalized for using their armor. 

[ARPOG]
-Members-
870 posts
11,070 battles

If you know how to deal with fires, mitigate HE damage by changing course and speed, manage DCP and heals, you should be fine. If you find you are being regularly focused down without a chance to repair, it is quite likely you are overextending, or pushing a flank without support. Keep an eye on the minimap and read the flow of the battle to ensure you do not get caught off-guard. 

Battleships are expected to be on fire for a significant portion of the game, that is why they have the tools required to survive and repair this damage, provided you learn to use them. 

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,651 battles
2 hours ago, Galvanic_ said:

Can we do something about HE spam is this game? What I mean is it either the shell does some damage with a reduced fire chance (these are steel ships last time I checked) or same fire chance with reduced damage potential. Right now it is so over powered, I'd challenge you to look at an average dd or cr or British bb player and ask them if they ever switch to AP.

And before you trolls come in and answer "I change shell type all the time blah blah blah" I am talking about the masses, you average cawah dooty level player.

What the hell is  "cawah dooty"?

And BTW, people who change shells are not trolls.  And you should also remember that "the masses" generally don't come to the forums.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,602 posts

I'm a DD player and I rarely change to AP unless broadside to a ship. I thought that was the game mechanic? As soon as most larger ships see you (DD) they point bow on to negate the torps that will be launched, let alone a broadside from my game changing guns!

In the end a player will choose the weapon, and the way they use it, to best deliver maximum damage; why moan about HE if that is what many ships are having to use to cause best damage?

What ships do you feel are doing so much damage via HE - take a look at their stats. What ships do you main, do you switch AP/HE? I ask as it sounds as if you are just complaining because you are taking damage and if you are complaining about DD guns then you need to take a look at the stats - on average they are at the bottom of every tier V-X for damage. I know some seem scared of the DD line rising above the bottom rung for damage but jeez! :Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Testers
297 posts
15,924 battles
4 hours ago, Galvanic_ said:

Can we do something about HE spam is this game? What I mean is it either the shell does some damage with a reduced fire chance (these are steel ships last time I checked) or same fire chance with reduced damage potential. 

Steel ships indeed. With  tile,terazzo floors. Wooden structures all over a ship. Wooden decking on a lot of ships. Bedding/clothing books,charts,lagging,fuel storage areas,food storage areas,ammo lockers,human bodies,quite literally thousands of flammable items aboard ship. Once a HE shell hit and explodes, what do you think happens? that the fire, once lit will go out all on its own? Think about the heat generated by a 20 by 20 foot space, full of people and leather chairs,charts.books,tile flooring,that in an instant is subjected to 2000 degree heat. That space is now a huge oven, which radiates its heat in ALL directions to the next spaces, because of the conductivity of the steel bulkheads,filled with,,,,,, you guessed it. More people,charts,books,office furniture,co's cabin,xo's cabin,captains kitchen with cooking oil,food,,,all the nice things that burn in a house.

A ship is the exact copy(figuratively) of your house,with a few hundred gallons of fuel/ammo and nice human bodies to combust. What happens if you were to set a book down on a cast iron oven while it was blazing away. HE works as intended.

[SPTR]
Members
2,319 posts
3,783 battles

I do think that it needs to be harder for BB's to be set on fire. We angle to mitigate damage, but HE (and Yamato, but that's different) doesn't care. A DD or CA/CL can still set 2 fires on an angled BB regardless of angling. That should be fixed. And the immune time to fires should be fixed. Even though my DCP lasts for 15 sec or so, that's not enough time to usually find cover away from HE. There's no reason why I should get blazed twice, put them out, and 20 seconds later be burning in 3 places right away, even as I am turning away to find cover. 

Beta Testers
297 posts
15,924 battles
46 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

I do think that it needs to be harder for BB's to be set on fire. We angle to mitigate damage, but HE (and Yamato, but that's different) doesn't care. A DD or CA/CL can still set 2 fires on an angled BB regardless of angling. That should be fixed. And the immune time to fires should be fixed. Even though my DCP lasts for 15 sec or so, that's not enough time to usually find cover away from HE. There's no reason why I should get blazed twice, put them out, and 20 seconds later be burning in 3 places right away, even as I am turning away to find cover. 

This I happen to agree with. Fires on the Bow & Stern should be a very low roll. Maybe 3/5% where as the superstructure  itself remain the same. But once a fire is out, maybe 30 seconds to a minute longer for a re-start as those would be drenched in saltwater. But we have to reach a medium of some sorts since HE DOES have the ability to sink BB's IRL. BB>CA>DD>BB with carriers being the fist of god.Maybe have a surface fire that will be an easy thing to extinguish vs an internal fire that burns for at least 45 seconds but cant be reset for 3 minutes that does more damage(as IRL it would.

[SPTR]
Members
2,319 posts
3,783 battles

Exactly. A friend of mine has said the same thing several times. If we're always able to be blazed while tanking, what's the point of it? HE is a middle finger to angling, so I think it should have a nerfed fire chance to most HE. (Not DD, since their fire chance in low already).

[ZKMS]
Members
47 posts
11,236 battles

Basicly all I'm saying is players who try to use angling should not be punished by a [edited] shell mechanic like HE that takes all the skill out of gameplay.

Members
1,380 posts
4,100 battles

When the first baby poster laughed whined for the first time, his laugh post broke into a million pieces, and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies BBabbies.

Right now it is so over powered, I'd challenge you to look at an average dd or cr or British bb player and ask them if they ever switch to AP.

Perhaps because CL and DD would be unable to otherwise harm their BB overlords?  What a terrible oversight! That's why BB are so rare, as only the most gifted can play them.  If they only had some way of mitigating enemy fire damage. Better armour, hp would be nice - perhaps *gasp* a heal? If only fire damage could be healed by BB at the press of a button....  that might help! Yes, we should petition for this buff. We can only dream, and until then the CA and BB peasants will continue to breed like rabbits, and we'll keep seeing 6 CA, 6 DD games in queue all day long...

#MakeBBgreatagain