Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_irony_

0.7.0 Public Test Bug Reports

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WGA] _irony_ 10
60 posts
3,570 battles

Greetings Captains!

The 0.7.0 Public Test is now starting, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check out Wacko's little guide on how to report a bug here: 

 

For each report please attach the python.log file from your Public Test client. That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RNM89] leehwongxing 83
830 posts
3,833 battles

I posted 2 threads here

 

@_irony_, On the second one, is that intended so SFX can't swapped anymore or is it a bug?

And about that dockModule and "secondary guns" bugs cause "walk on ship deck" effect, does that work as intended or Internal Test and Super Test missed it?

I had some kind of improvement for the consumersCamera.xml, where could I submit it?

Edited by leehwongxing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DONUT] IcyThor 32
386 posts
4,686 battles

How do I find the "in-news button" to earn type 6 camos?  How do I earn the 4th rank emblem? 

WG has a habit of not posting enough information or scattering the information so that its hard to complete tasks for rewards. 

 

 

Icy

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DONUT] IcyThor 32
386 posts
4,686 battles
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:08 PM, IcyThor said:

How do I find the "in-news button" to earn type 6 camos?  How do I earn the 4th rank emblem? 

WG has a habit of not posting enough information or scattering the information so that its hard to complete tasks for rewards. 

 

 

Icy

I asked this question on this forum on 12/29 and no one ever posted a reply.  I created a ticket about the same issue and support gave me a vague and confusing answer to the "in-news button" and said they had no info how to win the 4th rank emblem.  I don't want to miss these rewards for the second time around. 

Can anyone help me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
292 posts

 

  • Issue: Incoming Fire Alert captain's skill isn't working.   Selected the skill on the captain for the Charles Martel.   Played several battles to try to get it to activate.  Never saw a notification.   Had a Montana and several other BBs shooting at me from beyond my max range.  

    Expected Result:  Fighting at range expected to see a notice pop up when opposing BBs fired at me.  Was going to use this to time my dodging.  Nada.

  • How to Replicate:  Select the skill for a ship's captain,  Battle, move away from opponents, draw their fire.
  • Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: 

python.log

No mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGA] _irony_ 10
60 posts
3,570 battles
16 hours ago, IcyThor said:

I asked this question on this forum on 12/29 and no one ever posted a reply.  I created a ticket about the same issue and support gave me a vague and confusing answer to the "in-news button" and said they had no info how to win the 4th rank emblem.  I don't want to miss these rewards for the second time around. 

Can anyone help me?

When in Port click on your nickname in the top left corner. There should be a drop-down menu. At the very bottom of the menu there's a "News" section. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGA] _irony_ 10
60 posts
3,570 battles
3 hours ago, PepperMill said:

 

  • Issue: Incoming Fire Alert captain's skill isn't working.   Selected the skill on the captain for the Charles Martel.   Played several battles to try to get it to activate.  Never saw a notification.   Had a Montana and several other BBs shooting at me from beyond my max range.  

    Expected Result:  Fighting at range expected to see a notice pop up when opposing BBs fired at me.  Was going to use this to time my dodging.  Nada.

  • How to Replicate:  Select the skill for a ship's captain,  Battle, move away from opponents, draw their fire.
  • Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: 

python.log

No mods.

Thanks for the report, we'll check it

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
60 posts
1,736 battles

I can not find where to sign up at, Any help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DONUT] IcyThor 32
386 posts
4,686 battles

More bugs. 

First coop battle the server dropped me at 12:26 into the battle.  When I tried to reconnect I got a server error message. 

I just tried to play my first random.  I managed to register and then was dropped.  After 2 attempts to reconnect Windows declared the program to have stopped functioning and closed it. 

This is typical for the first day of any PT.  For now the PT is useless to me.  I will come back tomorrow and see if I can stay logged on. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,570 posts
4,499 battles
4 hours ago, IcyThor said:

More bugs. 

First coop battle the server dropped me at 12:26 into the battle.  When I tried to reconnect I got a server error message. 

I just tried to play my first random.  I managed to register and then was dropped.  After 2 attempts to reconnect Windows declared the program to have stopped functioning and closed it. 

This is typical for the first day of any PT.  For now the PT is useless to me.  I will come back tomorrow and see if I can stay logged on. 

 

 

This has been a problem for a lot of users in the regular server for weeks as well. Game either freezes or crashes at some point in battles and not always every battle either, you can go through many battles before it happens again or it can happen every battle or every couple battles.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MAKJ] Jiseng 0
4 posts
2,006 battles

 

  • Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

    HSF mission not showing or even applied, news article button says that i am already participating

  • Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.'
  • mission should be added on accepting no?
  • How to Replicate: Give us examples on how to reproduce this bug.
  • i accepted it at 3 am and tried relogging and no success, only one account so idk about reproducability
  • Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

python.log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DONUT] IcyThor 32
386 posts
4,686 battles
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

This has been a problem for a lot of users in the regular server for weeks as well. Game either freezes or crashes at some point in battles and not always every battle either, you can go through many battles before it happens again or it can happen every battle or every couple battles.

I have the same problem on the live server.  If it happens several times I reboot my laptop and the often helps.  I thought it was my slow DSL or my old laptop.  Maybe it is on their server and lack of server bandwidth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,570 posts
4,499 battles
Just now, IcyThor said:

I have the same problem on the live server.  If it happens several times I reboot my laptop and the often helps.  I thought it was my slow DSL or my old laptop.  Maybe it is on their server and lack of server bandwidth. 

Considered my how Random the problem is and yet how common it had been I would say it is on Wargaming's end.

You never know if a ship will be AFK the entire match or show up about 3 minutes late or so. Or fir that matter if you or another ship will suddenly have game crash mid match even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 posts
421 battles
7 hours ago, Jiseng said:

 

  • Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

    HSF mission not showing or even applied, news article button says that i am already participating

  • Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.'
  • mission should be added on accepting no?
  • How to Replicate: Give us examples on how to reproduce this bug.
  • i accepted it at 3 am and tried relogging and no success, only one account so idk about reproducability
  • Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

python.log

yeah I'm having the same problem I want to know why I cant see the mission and get the camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DONUT] IcyThor 32
386 posts
4,686 battles
18 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Considered my how Random the problem is and yet how common it had been I would say it is on Wargaming's end.

You never know if a ship will be AFK the entire match or show up about 3 minutes late or so. Or fir that matter if you or another ship will suddenly have game crash mid match even.

I often arrive to the battle 1-2 minutes late.  Everyone is asking if I am AFK.  Its just slow to get me from the menu page  to the battle page.  I am tired of running the WG check tool for support to give me some fairy tale reply. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DONUT] IcyThor 32
386 posts
4,686 battles
5 minutes ago, TeaTimeWithKongou said:

yeah I'm having the same problem I want to know why I cant see the mission and get the camo.

That message you quoted is horse puckie.  If I am expected to screen shot every page I play WG is nuts.  If I am expected to run replay all the time WG is nuts.  They are lazy and expect us to do all the issue research for them.  Maybe, if we all boycotted the game for a few hours every week they would get the message.  Spend more time on tech issues and hold back on development until they are ready for prime time. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MAKJ] Jiseng 0
4 posts
2,006 battles
1 hour ago, IcyThor said:

That message you quoted is horse puckie.  If I am expected to screen shot every page I play WG is nuts.  If I am expected to run replay all the time WG is nuts.  They are lazy and expect us to do all the issue research for them.  Maybe, if we all boycotted the game for a few hours every week they would get the message.  Spend more time on tech issues and hold back on development until they are ready for prime time. 

at the same time, if its something that works for them but not for the rest of us, it really helps them solve the issues faster to get a better idea of why things are happening. developing the game is hard work, every new feature involves large amounts of coding and bugs can happen anywhere for any number of reasons. 

2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Considered my how Random the problem is and yet how common it had been I would say it is on Wargaming's end.

You never know if a ship will be AFK the entire match or show up about 3 minutes late or so. Or fir that matter if you or another ship will suddenly have game crash mid match even.

 

2 hours ago, IcyThor said:

I have the same problem on the live server.  If it happens several times I reboot my laptop and the often helps.  I thought it was my slow DSL or my old laptop.  Maybe it is on their server and lack of server bandwidth. 

from what i've seen with this game, my only crashes are often related to vram leak from the game or something else using the vram. hope this might help you guys.

1 hour ago, TeaTimeWithKongou said:

yeah I'm having the same problem I want to know why I cant see the mission and get the camo.

do you mind posting your python.log file to help add to the number of substantiated reports? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,570 posts
4,499 battles
4 minutes ago, Jiseng said:

at the same time, if its something that works for them but not for the rest of us, it really helps them solve the issues faster to get a better idea of why things are happening. developing the game is hard work, every new feature involves large amounts of coding and bugs can happen anywhere for any number of reasons. 

 

from what i've seen with this game, my only crashes are often related to vram leak from the game or something else using the vram. hope this might help you guys.

do you mind posting your python.log file to help add to the number of substantiated reports? 

How does one fix the VRAM thing? Have already adjusted down many of the game graphics settings, but I might have missed one that could be the culprit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALLY] kavorkian_1 0
1 post
7,878 battles

the current public test server is not loading for me... it is saying that update is paused. Is this for everyone or am i alone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 posts
4,974 battles

There currently isn't a test going on and hasn't been for more than a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×