You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

After playing for World of Warships for a while

12 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,063 posts

I began to wonder why U.K.  BB's  can use H.E.  IE  Duke of York   but  U.K. cruisers don't?   Seems like such a artificial limit  :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

In the ultimate wisdom of WG HE smoke covered CA/CL of the UK would bring down Player Rath of epic proportions. See Belfast"Winfast" During Last season ranked.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

It's an artificial limit for gameplay flavor.

Either that, or it's because they took all the gunpowder from the cruiser shells to make the BB ones extra huge.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,850 posts
13,862 battles

You sit in a Minotaur raining shells down on ships and you start to understand why the ship wasn't given HE. Why the British high Tier BBs get such good HE is a question asked by many. Leading theory is they took the HE shells from the British CLs and add their fire chance to the British BBs HE shells. 

One thing to note the Belfast has neither out standing HE Fire chance or the British CL AP. What makes it OP is the tools it brings to a battle and players not knowing how to handle them or allowing them exploit their tool box. 

[SIM]
Members
2,553 posts
4,192 battles

British CLs sacrificed HE shells for access to the Smoke consumable, which is most commonly associated with DDs.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,063 posts
5 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

British CLs sacrificed HE shells for access to the Smoke consumable, which is most commonly associated with DDs.

Problem with that answer is from my exp tier 4 and under cruisers don't have/get smoke on tier IV  Danae now tier V  maybe

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
9 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Problem with that answer is from my exp tier 4 and under cruisers don't have/get smoke on tier IV  Danae now tier V  maybe

They also get a heal because even the Derpski and Izy can Citadel them with HE at any angle with 102mm guns which is laughable but true.

Edited by IronMike11B4O

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,063 posts
5 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

They also get a heal because even the Derpski and Izy can Citadel them with HE at any angle with 102mm guns which is laughable but true.

Only too  true  <_<

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,063 posts
2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Only too  true  <_<

7 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

And just as true of the Pepsicola   >_<

• Cool 1

[RMRGD]
Members
185 posts
16,947 battles
On 12/28/2017 at 11:30 PM, shadowsrmine said:

I began to wonder why U.K.  BB's  can use H.E.  IE  Duke of York   but  U.K. cruisers don't?   Seems like such a artificial limit  :cap_cool:

Aside from what previous people said (WG learned from Belfast).   The UK CAs are a unique and very fun line.  They feel like they have a good place.   It was very controversial upon release but man they are great.   However they are not new player friendly.   You need to learn other lines to really get into the British CAs.

British BBs are HE throwing new player friendly.   Its easy to farm damage and heal.   I dont like it overall I dont think its great in the game which is why I dont play my conqueror.    Weird a single nation has 2 very polarizing play styles. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,859 posts
13,076 battles

I think part of the UK BB HE is for balance purposes.  In general, the KGV was under gunned compared to most of its contemporaries (Scharn being the exception...but even that ship was designed for six 15 inchers).  Both USN and IJN T7 run 16 inchers.  To get balance, they get increased fire rate (DoY excepted) and better fire.  Once on this balance path, I believe the inertia drove the HE to be the UK "niche".  

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,406 battles
On 12/28/2017 at 10:30 PM, shadowsrmine said:

Called Game Balance reasons why IJN Torps don't have super stealth detection