You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Brhinosaurus

Best way to earn "Arsonist"?

22 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
786 posts
6,420 battles

I've earned the Arsonist achievement only 8 times in over 3,000 battles.  I need to do so again to bring some campaigns up to 100% completion.  What's the best way to earn it?  Best ship to do it in? 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,267 battles

My last one was in the Derpitz. Other than that, UK BB's I guess....just tape down your left mouse button, and spam HE!

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

i got the last one with oct rev  :D     any ship that can start fire can do it    I do have 131 arsonist, so I like to keep people warm  

[CAST]
Members
1,428 posts
5,978 battles
37 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I've earned the Arsonist achievement only 8 times in over 3,000 battles.  I need to do so again to bring some campaigns up to 100% completion.  What's the best way to earn it?  Best ship to do it in? 

Ideally you want a ship with a high ROF and a relatively high rate of, well...fire.  To me this means mid-level US or Soviet DD with the appropriate signals and commander skills.  More ideally, you'll also want to be lucky enough to get into a few BB-heavy games.

Edited by Harv72b

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,413 battles

Play  a Conqueror and spam HE at everyone you'll get it sooner or later

[INTEL]
Members
8,603 posts
25,771 battles

Kutu

Belfast

Zao, Hindy

Any T9 cruiser

Edited by Taichunger

[WOLFB]
Members
1,742 posts
8,337 battles

RN BB such as KGV, Lion and Conq can easily farm Arsonist/Witherer

Charles Martel, Saint Louis are really good fire, better than IJN actually so you can easily farm witherer/arsonist. Henri 4 can also farm these achievement but since Henri AP is really powerfull you don't want to always spam HE.

IJN Cruiser can also farm Witherer and Arsonist.

Hindenburg seems to be a good fire starter for this mission

CV can easily earn Arsonist but you really need to force the BB to use his damage con on your flooding and bomb him without killing him too fast, letting your fire do the damage. 

But the main thing you need to do is letting the ennemi burn for a long time and then you kill him. You don't need to kill him by fire, just let him burn long enough and finish him. As long as you burned a certain HP% of his max health, you'll get the achievement no matter how you kill him after.

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[POP]
Members
13 posts
2,412 battles

I also cannot seem to earn arsonist.  The problem is, if I repeatedly hit a ship, even with HE, I do too much damage from impact.  Getting 40% damage from fire takes time.  

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,880 posts
4,757 battles

Atlanta with demolition expert and flags. 

The word of the day is: arson

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,413 battles

Play Conqtana with the 419mm Balans™ cannons. Spam HE. Get many Arsonists and Witherers. 

[WOLF5]
Members
465 posts
19,089 battles

It's going to be harder. In 0.6.13 they reduced the burn time on cruisers and dd's but up to 50%. I'd argue that it's easier to get an arsonist at LOWER tiers since the fire chance resistance coefficient decreases as you go up in tiers. Also at lower tiers, players are more likely to instarep a single fire so dc is going to be on cooldown. Now finding a ship that's isolated that you can let burn for several minutes for 40%+ health without everyone shooting it is going to be challenging. 

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles

If it's not a tier requirement I get 1 every 10 battles in the Izyaslav. The Donskoi or Kutusov if it's I higher tier requirement. It's easiest to get with a Division as you can tell your buddies to "hey stop shooting that so and so" let em burn.

[TDG]
Members
1,220 posts
6,078 battles

Just a note, the last HP doesn't have to be fire.  Once there is enough fire damage, you can kill them yourself.

Cleveland may be another one to use.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,507 battles

Iron Duke and below. 30+% fire chance. Basically a fire every broadside.

[SF-A]
Members
2,902 posts
5,725 battles

Russian or French hardware. Once you get 2 or 3 fires sticking, stop firing. Use concealment and let him cook.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,746 battles

Tons of ships can do it. I got them most often in the Hindy (extended spotter plane module allows you to get tons of fires going at the very start) and British BBs. Henry is a solid choice too. Khabarovsk is as well if you know how to get favorable map position and dodge enemy fire while not getting tunnel vision. 

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

I've done it in the Arizona, Scharnhorst and the Belfast the last times I've gotten the achievement.  Trick is to be fair handed with your fire starting.  Find a position that gives you some targets, spam HE until you get the 1 fire (Hopefully they put it out) or two fires.  Once you've got the fire?  New target until the original target burns damage repair and put the fire out. Switch from target #2 back target #1 set one or two more fires, then back to target #2 and repeat.  Ideally you want to have one or two fires going on 2 more more targets   To have the best chances you'll want a ship with decent fire chance but you'll also want to try to survive the battle to maximize the potential.