You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

US Cruiser changes.

24 comments in this topic

Members
132 posts
6,655 battles

I've seen where they are going to be changing the US Cruisers.  The only US Cruiser I have now is the Cleveland.  Could somebody please explain what would be the best current ships to have to take advantage of the change?  I don't play level nine or ten so those ships don't interest me.  Thanks.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,842 battles

Well, you win.  Based on what you said you already have the best ship.  You'll end up with a T8 Cleveland and a T6 cruiser. 

[TF-64]
Members
372 posts
12,790 battles

Keep your Cleveland. Get all you can as well. Going from the last splits, the more you have the more you gain. Until WG announces the split and compensation though, we won't know for sure what we get. 

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I've seen where they are going to be changing the US Cruisers.  The only US Cruiser I have now is the Cleveland.  Could somebody please explain what would be the best current ships to have to take advantage of the change?  I don't play level nine or ten so those ships don't interest me.  Thanks.

If you want all the cruisers US CAs to T8, then you want to do the following.

Keep the Cleveland in port. This ship will move from T6 CL to T8 CL and you will get a T6 cruiser in compensation. This will be one of two ships. I think, since it is the T6 CL that is moving, you should get the new T6 CL Dallas. Others think, that since the ship that the Cleveland is working on currently is the T7 CA Pensacola, that you will get the new T6 CA Pensacola. I can see it going either way.

Get the T7 CA Pensacola, as in any case, it will move to be the new T6 CA. You will then get the new T7 CA New Orleans.

Get the T8 CA New Orleans as it will move to be the new T7 CA. You will then get the new T8 CA Baltimore.

You would only want the current T9 CA Baltimore, if you want to get the new T9 CA Buffalo and since you said that you don't like T9 play, you can skip this.

As you will notice, you have the possibility of getting multiples of the same ship once the split is done. What will happen is that the duplicate will give you its value in silver, so this is a good way to recoup the silver value for getting to that tier before the split.

Absolutely, before the split, pick up the Cleveland permanent camo (1k doubloons) as it will be converted to T8 camo (3k doubloons) during the split. Your new T6 cruiser, which ever that is, should get a free permanent camo as well. We are not sure about the other camos yet as they are dropping in tier, so their prices in doubloons will be going down. Keep an eye out for what WG says is happening with those camos at those tiers.

Your captains will stay at the tier that they are at. So if you do nothing, your T6 Cleveland captain will become trained for the new T6 cruiser. If you want to keep your current Cleveland captain and move him to T8, then do the following. Before the split, send the captain to the reserve. Put another captain into the Cleveland, either one that you want trained on the new T6 cruiser or a temporary, free zero point captain. There needs to be a captain sitting in the ship during the move to be moved to the new T6, so that your old Cleveland captain is not touched in the reserve.

As the split gets closer, the first half of next year is when this is supposed to happen, WG will release the notes on what changes are happening and what the compensation will be. You will have only a few days notice, so either grind early or have the FXP to get what you need before the switch. All of the above is based on past line splits and what I suspect will happen and is subject to change.

• Cool 3

[TDG]
Members
1,181 posts
5,977 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Based on my understanding based on the speculation in other threads, this is what I think will happen:

• If you do nothing else, you will get a Tier 8 Cleveland.  This is likely to be stock with no Ship XP.  This ship likely will come with some kind of captain.  (Best case would be one with the same points as the current Tier 6 Cleveland captain, but more likely to be some fixed value like 8-points.) You will also get the Tier 6 Pensacolathe ship that replaces the Tier 6 Cleveland.  Any current captain specialized for the Tier 6 Cleveland will become specialized for the Tier 6 Pensacola.
  • If you acquire the Tier 7 Pensacola, in addition to everything above, you will also get the Tier 7 New Orleans.  Any current captain specialized for the  Tier 7 Pensacola will become specialized for the Tier 7 New Orleans.
  • Same at Tier 8
  • Same at Tier 9 except that here you will get a brand new ship, the Tier 9 Buffalo.

Any Ship XP will remain in the slot it is currently in.  Any on the Tier 6 Cleveland will appear on the Tier 6 Pensacola.  Any on the Tier 7 Pensacola will appear on the Tier 7 New Orleans, and so on.

After the split, you will be as close to Des Moines as you were before the split.  You will have to research the new Tier 6 light cruiser using Free XP or grinding Tier 5 Omaha.  You will have to research the new Tier 7 light cruiser in a similar manner.  You will have the Tier 8 Cleveland from which you can grind to the Tier 10 light cruiser independent of any research for the Tier 6 and Tier 7 light cruisers.

I hope that helps.

[HIT]
Members
69 posts
5,956 battles

I have Cleveland researched, but currently don’t have any US cruisers. Assuming I don’t do anything until the split, anyone know what will happen? Will my research be lost? Will the Pensacola or T8 Cleveland become researched instead?

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
12 minutes ago, HQ_21 said:

I have Cleveland researched, but currently don’t have any US cruisers. Assuming I don’t do anything until the split, anyone know what will happen? Will my research be lost? Will the Pensacola or T8 Cleveland become researched instead?

This is what I think based on past splits. This is subject to change.

The T6 Cleveland goes to T8. If you have permanent camo for the Cleveland, it also changes to T8 camo for free saving you 2k doubloons.

Unless you put your captain in the reserve and stick another captain into the Cleveland, your current Cleveland captain will be switch to the new T6 cruiser. I think since the T6 CL is moving to T8 CL, that you will get the new T6 CL Dallas. Others think that since the next ship in line is currently the T7 Pensacola, you will get the T6 Pensacola. I can see it going either way.

As I understand it, any current XP in the T6 Cleveland will stay with the new T6 cruiser. You should be compensated for the modules you have on the Cleveland, because at T8 the Cleveland should be stock and you will have to grind them again at T8. They may change as well.

My advice is to keep the Cleveland in port and get as many of the T7-T9 current US CAs that you can. Yes, they will all be moving down in tier after the split, but you will be compensated silver for duplicates and if you have the T9 Baltimore before the split, you will get the new T9 CA Buffalo after the split.

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,210 battles
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 12:36 AM, YeOldeTraveller said:

I don't know, but I would not be surprised if all you have is Tier 6 Pensacola unlocked after the split.

Well, that could happen, but if this split is like previous ones then, no, you won't.

Last two times this happened, Russian and IJN DD's, WoW gave ships away if you had one at a previous tier, plus you got to keep yours at it's new tier. Why would they care about giving away ships you can earn for free; you still have to outfit them, get flags and consumables, and play them. They will be getting their money back.

So don't stress the new cruisers, they'll be flying off the shelves like hotcakes.

[TDG]
Members
1,181 posts
5,977 battles
18 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Well, that could happen, but if this split is like previous ones then, no, you won't.

Last two times this happened, Russian and IJN DD's, WoW gave ships away if you had one at a previous tier, plus you got to keep yours at it's new tier. Why would they care about giving away ships you can earn for free; you still have to outfit them, get flags and consumables, and play them. They will be getting their money back.

So don't stress the new cruisers, they'll be flying off the shelves like hotcakes.

The question was about having researched, but not bought the next ship.

Check earlier in the thread and you can see my thoughts on what will happen to Captains and Ships.

This will be my first split, so I am open to input from those with more experience.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles

The Cleveland is the one I’d keep for the change, I’ve got special Captain Steven Segal li her which gives you faster turrets and brings loaded shell switch down to 1.9 seconds... never liked the Pensacola 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,210 battles
45 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

This will be my first split, so I am open to input from those with more experience.

They were very generous with ships the last two splits, as well as researched improvements, but on the ships of the tier you had, not so much with research on the new, higher tiers.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles

I decided to cover all bases. I was at Cleveland with Pensacola researched but not purchased when news of the split came out and then the talk of what would happen started. Just to be sure I was in the best position to get the most benefit from it I bought Pensacola and ground to New Orleans. I then ground to Baltimore. I had the perma camo for Cleveland already and bought it for each of the other 3. So I now have all the affected ships and their perma camo. So bring it on. Gimmie...gimmie...gimmie... LOL :Smile_glasses:

Oh, and I repurchased Omaha and have ground XP in it to use for the new T6 CL Dallas as I believe Pensacola will be the ship awarded at T6 if you have Cleveland now.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[LUCK]
Members
1,298 posts
19,555 battles

I have no idea how the IJN compensation went however I do know that I had both Russian DD's to T9 after that split.

That said I have all USN cruisers thru Des Moines elited so if compensation is anything like the Russian split i expect to see both CA and CL from T6 to T9 in port.

Will have to research the Worcester, which I've already set aside 255 free XP for.

For me, I'm not interested in the silver compensation- just give me the ships. The split can't come soon enough for me.

Edited by hofmannsc

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
37 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

That said I have all USN cruisers thru Des Moines elited so if compensation is anything like the Russian split i expect to see both CA and CL from T6 to T9 in port.

I don't think that you will get all of the US CLs. I know some people are thinking that you will get the T6 CA Pensacola for the T6 CL Cleveland. But since it is the T6 CL that is moving to T8 CL, then I think that you will get the T6 CL Dallas. With all of the CAs dropping one tier, then you will get silver for the duplicate ships and the T9 Buffalo. That is my SWAG.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles
16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I don't think that you will get all of the US CLs. I know some people are thinking that you will get the T6 CA Pensacola for the T6 CL Cleveland. But since it is the T6 CL that is moving to T8 CL, then I think that you will get the T6 CL Dallas. With all of the CAs dropping one tier, then you will get silver for the duplicate ships and the T9 Buffalo. That is my SWAG.

Yeah I don't believe we will get the matching CL's to the CA's we have either. Could be the Dallas as replacement at T6 for Cleveland but I expect Pensacola. Either way I am ready. Bring it on...:Smile_izmena:

[POP]
Members
173 posts
5,362 battles

I need it to be the Dallas for the Cleveland as I already have the Pensacola through Baltimore.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles
21 minutes ago, Rear_Admiral_Crispy said:

I need it to be the Dallas for the Cleveland as I already have the Pensacola through Baltimore.

Me too. I am ok though if they give Pensacola at T6 as I will just get a bunch of credits for duplicate ships and camos and such (I would hope anyway). 

Do what I did. Re-buy the Omaha and grind about 35K XP so you have it if we have to do Dallas the old fashioned way. I actually have found it sort of fun to play the ship again and am doing much better in it now that I am a better player. I will sell it once the Dallas is in port regardless of how I get it but while I have Omaha again I am enjoying it. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
3,779 posts
14,019 battles

While as a Cruiser main I'm interested in the new USN CLs, I suspect that WG will give them massive citadels, crappy health pools, and shell arcs that rival Atlanta's, Neptune's, and Minotaur's.

I'm going to wait and see how they turn out, whenever they finally get here, before doing any planning. (I expect to be disappointed)

Edited by ReddNekk

Alpha Tester
3,477 posts
1,521 battles
42 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

While as a Cruiser main I'm interested in the new USN CLs, I suspect that WG will give them massive citadels, crappy health pools, and shell arcs that rival Atlanta's, Neptune's, and Minotaur's.

I'm going to wait and see how they turn out, whenever they finally get here, before doing any planning. (I expect to be disappointed)

Honestly it is the Shell Arcs that I am most afraid of.  Biggest issue I have with the Cleveland is actually trying to hit anything past 12 km.  If as part of the upgrade to Tier 8, the shell arcs get more manageable, I will absolutely progress the CL line.  If not, Cleveland will just be a Tier 8 port queen. 

[LUCK]
Members
1,298 posts
19,555 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

similar split as in 0.6.2 and if WG holds to form we could very well see the additions to T9.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-062/

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
11 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

7 hours ago, hofmannsc said:

similar split as in 0.6.2 and if WG holds to form we could very well see the additions to T9.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-062/

The Russian DD split was mainly the current tech tree ships moving to the alternate line. In the US CAs, they are dropping down one tier and the new ships are going into the alternate line. So I think that you we will get the T6 CL Dallas to replace the Cleveland, but will have to grind out the other new CLs. The only new CA is the T9 Buffalo, so on the T6 CA to T8 CA I think that we will get silver compensation. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,815 posts
10,605 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

The Russian DD split was mainly the current tech tree ships moving to the alternate line. In the US CAs, they are dropping down one tier and the new ships are going into the alternate line. So I think that you we will get the T6 CL Dallas to replace the Cleveland, but will have to grind out the other new CLs. The only new CA is the T9 Buffalo, so on the T6 CA to T8 CA I think that we will get silver compensation. 

Agree except I think Pensacola at T6. Not getting any of the new CL's except MAYBE Dallas instead of or in addition to Pensacola.