You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

This holiday season, don't be a jerk and seal club

173 comments in this topic

Members
419 posts

I know that the holidays can be stressful. Sometimes all you want to do is take out your Kamikaze R, Izyaslav, or stealth build Clemson and beat on some new players. It feels good to roll through entire teams of players who are still learning the ropes, since it shows that you've learned so much on your journey to Tier 8. But, maybe just this one time, consider not doing it. If you want to dominate, maybe go to Co-Op. Don't poison the game for new players just because you can.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 17

Beta Testers
1,866 posts
19,098 battles

why don't we give them a room to whine in like they do for these cry baby collage half grown-ups ?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,746 battles

Self regulation works both ways. It's just as disrespectful to buy a Tirpitz and jump right to T8 and above without learning the game mechanics. Actually it's more disrespectful because at least when you are seal clubbing, you're a valued asset to your team. 

• Cool 11
  • Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,726 posts
9,120 battles

There is nothing wrong with dropping into the low tiers some times, some of those ships are an absolute blast. The problem comes when experienced players spend most of their time there day after day.

• Bad 1

Members
1,866 posts

I never asked for mercy from experienced players, and I didn't get any. If they want to sail in straight lines while [edited] slow torpedoes plow into them, that's on them. I'm usually too busy for the low tiers, but I started a new line of DDs, so no choice in it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,866 posts
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

There is nothing wrong with dropping into the low tiers some times, some of those ships are an absolute blast. The problem comes when experienced players spend most of their time there day after day.

That's where some of these +60% win rates come from. Anyone can get one, really.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,726 posts
9,120 battles
2 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

That's where some of these +60% win rates come from. Anyone can get one, really.

If you stay at tier 4 or below 80% is not impossible but there are 60% - 80% W/R players that play the high tiers.

Members
4,587 posts
6,542 battles

Nice "feeling" message. I was indeed touched.   Very nice for the Holidays. But, as noble as your effort is.........AINT GONNA HAPPEN!  This is not the Cub Scouts. This is a stupid video game. No Quarter given.  None expected.  EL Deguello...throat cutting, NO quarter. Played by Santa Anna"s band at the Alamo in 1836. 

Edited by dmckay

Members
1,866 posts
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

If you stay at tier 4 or below 80% is not impossible but there are 60% - 80% W/R players that play the high tiers.

There are a lot of clan/ranked Clemson players out there, and divisions in low tiers. Yeah I said some.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,850 posts
13,866 battles

So would a Belfast, Belfast, any other ship be considered Seal Clubbing? 

Asking for a friend. 

Edited by RedSeaBear
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,726 posts
9,120 battles
Just now, RedSeaBear said:

So would a Belfast, Belfast, another other ship be considered Seal Clubbing? 

Asking for a friend. 

When you get down to it seal clubbing knows no tier and can happen in any tier.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
419 posts
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

When you get down to it seal clubbing knows no tier and can happen in any tier.

I would consider seal clubbing to be when players in Tier 8+ go down to Tier 5 or below. As others have mentioned, it's not a huge deal if it happens on occasion. I took the Vampire out after winning it, and I have played my Isokaze a bunch lately because I divisioned with a friend who is new to the game. 

[SYN]
Members
14,468 posts
10,488 battles

My cudgel is equal opportunity.

Members
1,866 posts
15 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Nice "feeling" message. I was indeed touched.   Very nice for the Holidays. But, as noble as your effort is.........AINT GONNA HAPPEN!  This is not the Cub Scouts. This is a stupid video game. No Quarter given.  None expected.  Oddly war is kinda like that. :Smile_sceptic:   Carry on. 

Tenryu and Wickes class had to fight WW-II battles. They threw in almost everything they had.

[KERN]
1,069 posts
4,353 battles

What I'd like to see decline is the number of trolls in ranked shafting their team mates.  There's nothing quite as disheartening as having a 150k to 200k damage match and watch it all go down the toilet as your team mates chase each other around an island like it's Benny Hill, and not shooting at the reds at all.

[JUICE]
Members
820 posts
6,369 battles

I once was a clubber now I am a seal. I took about a year off from the game. It is slowly coming back..........

Members
4,587 posts
6,542 battles
15 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Tenryu and Wickes class had to fight WW-II battles. They threw in almost everything they had.

Ok. I may have overreacted but why be nice just because it's the holiday season?  Hell, be nice no matter what day or month it is. Be nice, tell the truth, care for others....don't matter what day, month, or epoch you live in. Salty? I think not.

Members
4,587 posts
6,542 battles
7 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

I once was a clubber now I am a seal. I took about a year off from the game. It is slowly coming back..........

"For I was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I SEE"

[NDA]
Supertester
4,850 posts
13,866 battles

I've returned to this treat because the title confuses me. 

I get the part about not being a 'jerk', good advice, more people should just chill and play the game. 

But than you say 'and Seal Club'....o_0......are you advocating for seal clubbing. Cause it looks like you are. I mean when I'm seal clubbing I try to be nice about it. Heck I'm just protecting the seals on my team by being in a low/mid tier ship with a 19p captain. 

:cap_cool:

• Funny 2

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

you mean like this?  and as a reward, I just got a super container with 50    halloween camo :D

shot-17.12.28_21.44.04-0554.jpg

Edited by centarina