You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HazeGrayUnderway

Tier VIII Ranked: The one ship below 40% Win Rate. Take a guess which one is it? LOL

27 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,178 posts
14,610 battles

Notice the futility of Lexington.

EDIT:  I was able to get a new screencap of Ranked performance today (12/29/17).  Lots of matches were missing with the original stat pull from Warships Today.  Here's the cap, Lexi is no longer sub-40% WR but is still abysmal.

z3.jpg

For posterity, the original cap I uploaded to the thread:

Spoiler

HijhYNO.jpg

Oh look at Shokaku among the top ships!  WHAT A SURPRISE!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,755 battles

Wow. It isn't the New Orleans nor the Hipper. I'm very surprised :Smile_playing:

Poor lady lex. Wish you get buffed soon.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,178 posts
14,610 battles
2 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Why isn't Z-23 up there? The minimum is 10 battles, and I've run her 14 times myself in ranked.

Warships Today isn't "up to the minute" with general stat pulls like this.  Personal stats yes but not when it's grouped up the same day.  If that made any sense.  Outside that, she is an exceedingly rare boat for Ranked.  I've never seen one myself but I'm not elbow deep in Ranked ATM.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles
6 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Wow. It isn't the New Orleans nor the Hipper. I'm very surprised :Smile_playing:

Poor lady lex. Wish you get buffed soon.

they are pretty close to the bottom

[TBW]
Members
6,413 posts
12,059 battles

That's only because I haven't used it yet, or I am sure the WR would be lower.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-VT3-]
Members
1,627 posts
3,364 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

That's only because I haven't used it yet, or I am sure the WR would be lower.

There it is.  The best thing I've read all day.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,986 posts
7,530 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Warships Today isn't "up to the minute" with general stat pulls like this.  Personal stats yes but not when it's grouped up the same day.  If that made any sense.  Outside that, she is an exceedingly rare boat for Ranked.  I've never seen one myself but I'm not elbow deep in Ranked ATM.

Weird, I see her a lot, even had 3 on my team and 3 on the other once. I'm around 70%WR in mine, so, there's that going for me.

Nothing else is. -.-

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,653 battles
59 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

HijhYNO.jpg

When I brought up how bad the Lex is everybody jumps down my throat and says its gud

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,627 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

HijhYNO.jpg

Wait... where's the Graf Zeppelin?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,178 posts
14,610 battles
15 hours ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Wait... where's the Graf Zeppelin?

Warships Today wasn't as current, today a lot more matches have showed up for numerous ships.  Lexington is no longer sub-40% WR, now only Graf Zeppelin is worse than her.  Which is fascinating but she does have very few battles recorded to really have a more accurate picture.  Here's a fresh stat grab from WT:

z3.jpg

15 hours ago, GuntherPrein said:

When I brought up how bad the Lex is everybody jumps down my throat and says its gud

I have no doubt that there are some guys that can make nice lemonade out of that rock that is called Lexington, but there's no denying the ship is garbage.  It can't even contest the skies anymore.  Sexi Lexi is my most played CV and even I can admit the ship before the revamp had some serious, SERIOUS issues.  But the revamp fixed none of the issues and sent her into a direction that she's actually gotten worse from her historically bad performance in this game.

How do you buff a ship and make it worse than before the buff?  Apparently WG found a way because that's happening with Ranger, Lexington, and even Essex.

The fix is simple Tier VII-VIII  2/1/1 for Ranger, Lexington.  Hell, 2/1/1 was Lexington's stock spec at launch, which was taken away and she's never recovered from that.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,339 battles

You know when played right the NO can actually be very effective through some ranks.

Especially when it is one of those odd matches with no BB's

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,178 posts
14,610 battles
5 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

You know when played right the NO can actually be very effective through some ranks.

Especially when it is one of those odd matches with no BB's

Any ship can be great in the hands of a good player.  I recall talk last Ranked that someone Ranked out in Indianapolis.  That ship is a total POS, but someone made it work to Rank 1. 

I understand how NOLA can help the team, especially since DDs make or break a match, but a bad boat is still a bad boat.

In a Cruiser heavy match, NOLA is actually pretty good.  Her guns smack the other Cruisers quite well.  But BBs exert their dominance very easily and they all know how super squishy she is as well as lacking torpedoes.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,794 posts
8,016 battles
16 hours ago, GuntherPrein said:

Probably looks OP in the eyes of a pleb German BB captain.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,747 posts
3,490 battles

The current USN line ups are always going to suffer in ranked as long as other CVs have better AS choices available to them. I said this for a very good reason when the changes were first announced.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,339 battles
17 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Any ship can be great in the hands of a good player.  I recall talk last Ranked that someone Ranked out in Indianapolis.  That ship is a total POS, but someone made it work to Rank 1. 

I understand how NOLA can help the team, especially since DDs make or break a match, but a bad boat is still a bad boat.

In a Cruiser heavy match, NOLA is actually pretty good.  Her guns smack the other Cruisers quite well.  But BBs exert their dominance very easily and they all know how super squishy she is as well as lacking torpedoes.

Yeah in a BB heavy game it takes a lot of skill and focus to get the NOLA to the end.

At one point in this years ranked with the NOLA i was at 80% WR after 12 games.

Until i ran into the plague of Team killers, AFKers, and Suicide CV's over the next 10.

But ranking out in a Indi lol now that is impressive.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,178 posts
14,610 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

So...is the Alabama placement on that list a warning? Or simply an indication of who is using it in ranked?:cap_hmm:

Alabama has placed No.1 or No.2 among Tier VIII BB performance since she released.  It's not surprising to me to see her perform just as well in Ranked.

IMO, NC has superior gunnery than 'Bama due to slightly better sigma.  Everything else is identical in main battery.  But where 'Bama pulls ahead is her ridiculous maneuverability, short hull (for a BB), tougher sides, and Yamato-levels of TDS, it's not a surprise she holds up well.  Hell, even if a CV can get in an airstrike dat Yamato-level TDS negates the worst of the damage she'll eat.  Her AA and armor scheme hold up against AP bombs.  You can do maneuvers in tight spaces with Alabama that you would never imagine doing with any Tier VII or higher Battleship.  This is a BB that can torpedo beat well, and if any torps hit, again, that TDS mitigates the worst.  Honestly, the only weakness the ship has is long range gunnery and if someone is a Potato in her.  If it has to come down to Alabama having to fight a long range gun duel with a Hindy, Zao, Missouri, Montana, then Alabama's at a disadvantage.  That's about it.

Edit:  Alabama is like a North Carolina with tougher armor, similar guns and AA, but maneuvers well like prior tier USN BBs that get the 27kts of North Carolina.

Members
9,985 posts
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Alabama has placed No.1 or No.2 among Tier VIII BB performance since she released.  It's not surprising to me to see her perform just as well in Ranked.

IMO, NC has superior gunnery than 'Bama due to slightly better sigma.  Everything else is identical in main battery.  But where 'Bama pulls ahead is her ridiculous maneuverability, short hull (for a BB), tougher sides, and Yamato-levels of TDS, it's not a surprise she holds up well.  Hell, even if a CV can get in an airstrike dat Yamato-level TDS negates the worst of the damage she'll eat.  Her AA and armor scheme hold up against AP bombs.  You can do maneuvers in tight spaces with Alabama that you would never imagine doing with any Tier VII or higher Battleship.  This is a BB that can torpedo beat well, and if any torps hit, again, that TDS mitigates the worst.  Honestly, the only weakness the ship has is long range gunnery and if someone is a Potato in her.  If it has to come down to Alabama having to fight a long range gun duel with a Hindy, Zao, Missouri, Montana, then Alabama's at a disadvantage.  That's about it.

Edit:  Alabama is like a North Carolina with tougher armor, similar guns and AA, but maneuvers well like prior tier USN BBs that get the 27kts of North Carolina.

Yes, but the early numbers had it way down on the list...50%. Looks like it's recovered since then though.