Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Wow brand models

9 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,370 posts
3,561 battles

I don't use Amazon much to be honest...but I got a gift card for Christmas...while shopping around I found these: https://www.amazon.com/World-Warships-BISMARCK-Scale-Model/dp/B015T816J6/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1514515425&sr=1-1&keywords=world+of+warships+models 

Anybody have or has seen one built? I haven't tried to build a model in years and years...but maybe should start thinking about getting into it again...

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,845 posts
11,558 battles

I thought about trying one of those out too, but it was a bit more than I wanted to spend. Not sure of the quality but the pictures make it look pretty cheep/simple.

1,266 posts
13 battles

I've never personally used them. I always look at the reviews of things before buying and it's got good reviews. Amazon is really good about letting you return stuff as well.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,461 posts
2,405 battles

If you read closely it's only 14.4" long, which is pretty small for $45.  But that seems to be the going rate for small models nowadays.

If you want a serious model, try this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-1-350-78015-Tirpitz-German-Battleship-Model-Kit/162089201211?hash=item25bd44ee3b:g:SqEAAOxyyq5TMUpZ

Tirpitz sold for ~ $150 new but have been discontinued.  I've had a number of the Tamiya 1/350 series, and they're all superb.

[BBICT]
Members
3,370 posts
3,561 battles

Yeah, that one may be beyond my skill at this point... I haven't done this since I was a kid, so think it best to start small, LOL. 

Would it be wrong to put one together, then give it one of the crazy "camo" paint jobs we have in the game, something like the Halloween paint? :cap_wander:

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,461 posts
2,405 battles

Actually, the big scales are easier because the parts are bigger.

I've always found that the toughest part is the paint.

1,542 posts
26 battles

I love painting models. I just finished a little Spitfire :) I do a lot of warhammer 40k stuff too. Very relaxing! The ship models are gorgeous, I'd love to build and paint it some time!

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,567 posts

I'd like to see some French boats~

Sign in to follow this