You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

60 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
543 posts
2,973 battles

So from what i can tell is that WG is gonna be reworking detonations.....

have the 2 years of QQing in regards to detonations finally won out will they be removed? or will it be a big change to them to make them even more fun and engaging what do you think?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,071 battles

I don't think they are going away as every time a poll has been put up it has overwhelmingly been to have them stay. Maybe they are reworking them to act more like in WoT where the most often effect is either the loss of a gun or easier a drop in reload rate.

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't think they are going away as every time a poll has been put up it has overwhelmingly been to have them stay. Maybe they are reworking them to act more like in WoT where the most often effect is either the loss of a gun or easier a drop in reload rate.

They could take 1/2 of the full HP for a detonation. That way if you are low, you still go boom as expected, but if you are full, you still have some health.

• Cool 7

[FAILD]
Members
36 posts
16,530 battles

I think they are fine the way they are. People just wine too much sometimes. Take the flags and move on to the next game. 

Statistically, it is insignificant. I have had 80 detonations out of 9665 matches, 0.008%.

I am fine even if it was one percent.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,782 battles

I really hate losing all my hp to a single shell, thats all I have to day about that.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
599 posts
9,416 battles

Maybe they'll implement LWM's idea oh how they should happen.  :cap_hmm:  Please someone tell me they have that link somewhere, because I'm failing quite hard trying to find it. :Smile_hiding:

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,419 battles

Detonations are real and a possible aspect of the game. We all fancy ourselves as captains leading our ship out to battle whom ever. HMS Hood was pretty much detonated. Just a thought about how I think the devs have tried to make a realistic naval warfare game. Ghostdog take Captains opinions to heart. Wish each best of luck.

battleship_2012_missouri_vs_mothership_by_seekerarmada-d5lq5dw.jpgth?id=OIP.c0RLUWO9RNjNxELKJKJM1AHaIt&pid

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

i have had 70 det in 10k matches and frankly even lower % since I've put -70% in most of my botes.   (probably 10 in 3-4k matches)  overall, it is a none issue.     I have 360 JC on hand  and only use them for ranked/cb .

• Bad 1

[SIM]
Members
2,542 posts
4,184 battles
35 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

They could take 1/2 of the full HP for a detonation. That way if you are low, you still go boom as expected, but if you are full, you still have some health.

I quite like that idea, actually. It strikes a good middle ground between removing detonations entirely, and letting lucky shells remove entire ships early in battle. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,071 battles
14 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

That would work too but I am biased and like my idea. However, whatever change they make that doesn't remove them they have to be much much much more spectacular.

Members
1,308 posts
21,118 battles

No problem with detonations.

Jutland BB's were going off like popcorn - far higher % than here.

And some want the game to be more realistic?  Maybe 2-5% detonations in tier 3 thru 5 BB's?

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
53 minutes ago, vrabek22 said:

I think they are fine the way they are. People just wine too much sometimes. Take the flags and move on to the next game. 

Statistically, it is insignificant. I have had 80 detonations out of 9665 matches, 0.008%.

I am fine even if it was one percent.

How can you tell how many detonations you've had? I can't find that stat (and the medal is only awarded once per day, so is inaccurate in providing a total number of occurrences).

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles
1 hour ago, vrabek22 said:

I have had 80 detonations out of 9665 matches, 0.008%.

Or basically 1 in 120 battles. The statistics might be askew if you have had more than 1 det a day but that may have only happened once or twice.

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers
54 posts
14,632 battles
27 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

How can you tell how many detonations you've had? I can't find that stat (and the medal is only awarded once per day, so is inaccurate in providing a total number of occurrences).

You can get multiple medals a day, the "award" is only given once

[PVE]
Members
5,640 posts
18,236 battles

If you look at the wording of the release, it says something to the effect of "early detonations". I am assuming they mean detonations that occur early in the match so am thinking that maybe detonations will be disabled for like the first 5 minutes of the match... Just guessing is all but find the use of the word "early" interesting. 

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,210 battles

ripT.png

I detonated one of my best friends who I just so happened to be in a match with

Members
3,805 posts
14,103 battles
5 hours ago, Kevik70 said:

I really hate losing all my hp to a single shell, thats all I have to day about that.

I hate it when it happens to me, but I love it when I do it to someone else.  :fish_boom:

[REVY]
Members
954 posts
7,519 battles
9 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

No problem with detonations.

Jutland BB's were going off like popcorn - far higher % than here.

And some want the game to be more realistic?  Maybe 2-5% detonations in tier 3 thru 5 BB's?

mostly the British BCs had the 'Det' issue.

Invinicible, Indegfatigable, Queen Mary all were detonated at Jutland.

German's only BC sank after flooding became uncontrollable.

[POP]
Members
858 posts
9,816 battles
11 hours ago, lemekillmister said:

Dets should look more spectacular. 

The game should lag for everyone for a moment as the mushroom cloud animation loads...

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

So they should. I had taken a break for a few months, came back and didn't have much to run for anti-det flags. MY GOD. I would play 5 or 6 battles and detonate in 2 of them. It's stupid. One of my first T10 battles back we had 3 DD on our side. 2 died within the first 3 minutes. I was 1 shell killed from full HP in Khaba. The 3rd DD finally detonated about 5 minutes in. Just pure nonsense. It happened, yes, but not to that extent.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
7 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

UMMMMMMMMMM what or who is QQ?

I had to look it up- apparently it's a reference to crying eyes but mainly a throw back from World of Warcraft. I guess one of the key commands to quit out of the game was Alt+Q+Q so people who were whining in game were told to just QQ.  

• Cool 2